Mi Home Push Notifications

I tried changing server with no success. Then I tried to log in ALL available servers, one after the other, and finally logged back in china server. And it worked. Notification are back since 72 hours.

Inviato dal mio LG-H870 utilizzando Tapatalk
I never changed servers and it works. It is a matter of server fix

All working fine for me now. Hope all others are the same.

Just got to get Google Home working on all servers now.

I think the notification works until the app will close some sockets with server. It depends on what socket it then tries to establish the connetion and based on that works or not. What I found in my case, just created sample manual action, when clicked send the notification. It gives me control to eliminate HW issues with Xiaomi gateway if any.
What I did then: Application -> Clear Data, confirm -> Force stop -> and Uninstall -> Install once again, sign in.
Remove old notification trigger and add new, click it, and in almost every case it was working OK. OK, till some time when it stops working anymore.
What I checked is that when clicking the trigger application is using socket to server 'A' (actually using the one currently opened on start up) and getting response back. When notifications are working in that case, there is another socket opened with server 'B' and notification data is coming in that case. When notifications are not working, then this socket is not being opened and nothing coming from 'B'. Don't know what exactly is going on there but imho looks like Xiaomi cloud is not working properly. Maybe they have DNS on the way and maybe depends on what server it connects to it will work or not. I have noticed also plenty of TCP retransmissions when notifications are not coming.

Last edited:
Just arrived an update 1.5.27 for the mi home app including this:

1, There is new online customer service features
2 Optimize the stability of system push messages
3, Fixed problems such as abnormal fingerprint unlocking

Great news, hope it will fix problems with notifications finally.
BTW has anyone had ever issue with crash on entering door or body sensor due the missing resources, I guess translations, on Oreo android for English language? When running in Chinese or Russian all works fine.

Reactions: ilfavi
Great news, hope it will fix problems with notifications finally.
BTW has anyone had ever issue with crash on entering door or body sensor due the missing resources, I guess translations, on Oreo android for English language? When running in Chinese or Russian all works fine.
Window/Door sensors, motion sensors, all kind of switches, make the app crash.
Mi Home 5.1.26
Language English
Server China

Inviato dal mio LG-H870 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Ioannis Tziasios
Here too NO push notifications.I've tried switching from China to Europe and back, tried un- and re install the app, still NO push notifications.
If ONE thing should be relaiable on this camera it should be the push function!
One very strange thing though, I wanted to share the camera with my girlfriend so she installed the app and logged in with my credentials and she gets notifications!!
Which makes me think it's not a Xiaomi side error because settings are ok and the same only one cellphone gets notifications while the other doesn't.
I looked at permissions and stuff but everything seems to be setup ok. Maybe some specific cellphone problem...

Here too NO push notifications.I've tried switching from China to Europe and back, tried un- and re install the app, still NO push notifications.
If ONE thing should be relaiable on this camera it should be the push function!
One very strange thing though, I wanted to share the camera with my girlfriend so she installed the app and logged in with my credentials and she gets notifications!!
Which makes me think it's not a Xiaomi side error because settings are ok and the same only one cellphone gets notifications while the other doesn't.
I looked at permissions and stuff but everything seems to be setup ok. Maybe some specific cellphone problem...
Your problem are solved? I've de same problem....

Enviado do meu ONEPLUS A5010 através do Tapatalk

Using the recommended European localisation the picture is there and I can move the cam. No push message, no voice transmission.
Using China Mainland localisation picture/moving OK, push message NOK, voice tranmission OK.
Using Indian localisation picture/moving OK, push message OK, voice transmission NOK. I stayed with this setup.
Maybe one day Xiaomi can set up the routing and the firewalls correctly.

Friends,
did anyone knows why I can't downgrade mihome app ?
I download old version 5 time but when I install and run I see again the latest version.
I try several times but same thing.

I have the Mi Home app installed on two phone. Suddenly one is not getting notifications...The other works fine. So I have the same experience. Very irritating and mystic.

Is there any fix to this?

I have the Mi Home app installed on two phone. Suddenly one is not getting notifications...The other works fine. So I have the same experience. Very irritating and mystic.

Is there any fix to this?

I joined the Beta testing of the app... And that made my day! Now notifications on me phones are working again.

For those having problems with not getting notifications, what worked for me was going into my phone's app and power settings and making it so that the Xiaomi Home app is always running in the background and that it's never affected by power saving or other battery options.

Also, don't close the app manually. Open it then just go back to your home screen.

After doing that, I now get notifications quick and on time. Made this account just to post this in hopes it helps someone.

I have a problem with notifications last few days. They don't work. I've checked notifications setup for Mi Home app and now there is only notification for DFU (device firmware upgrade). Attached img. When notification worked there was another notifications "XIAOMI HOME", but now they disapeared and I don't know why.
I share devices with my wife and she still have XIAOMI HOME notifications in setup.
I tried to instal older version and also beta version, with no success.

Any idea?

Phone: Pixel 2

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190801-130708.png
    Screenshot_20190801-130708.png
    83.5 KB · Views: 895
I have a problem with notifications last few days. They don't work. I've checked notifications setup for Mi Home app and now there is only notification for DFU (device firmware upgrade). Attached img. When notification worked there was another notifications "XIAOMI HOME", but now they disapeared and I don't know why.
I share devices with my wife and she still have XIAOMI HOME notifications in setup.
I tried to instal older version and also beta version, with no success.

Any idea?

Phone: Pixel 2

. Suddenly the option "XIAOMI HOME" notification is there and everything work. I did nothing.
Don't understand.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190805-153506.png
    Screenshot_20190805-153506.png
    83.9 KB · Views: 947
Hello, my notifications have started working, I created picture guide with numbers of the steps in following link:

This guide contains 4 parts of the settings:
Part 1 (Picture 1-4) - Setting of the whole monitoring (is possible, that this step is not necessary, because in next steps we setting the automate action, which made the same. The Monitoring functioning not correctly, but i don´t know, if this setting is eventually necessary...is about the testing...In the guide is the Monitoring set on one camera, is clear, that you must set this configuration on each camera, which you want monitoring...

Part 2 (Picture 5-14) - Setting of the Automation, which make the push notifications to the phone. The setting should do the same function as the "monitoring", but how we know, the "monitoring" not working correctly. The Automation is the setting that works in accordance of the "Monitoring" correctly. Is clear and not shown in the picture guide, that the automation must be made for each camera.

Part 3 (Picture 15-20) - Check of the correct configuration of the messaging of your device in the Xiaomi ecosystem with your camera - you must have the setting of the dependency of your camera device correctly. This part is only about the check, if the dependency is correct set.

Part 4 (Picture 21-26) - This setting is only for Android users, by analogy, it will be the same on the iOS devices. Check the correct setting of the notification and security setting for the Xiomi Home app. Is about the allow the notification, access to the system function etc. The setting is about the testing and is clear, that the app not required full permission for everything. But this guide count with very benevolent setting.

I recommend turn of the automatic updates on Mi Home app or backup the apk package, if the update fail the notification again :) ...and use (at this time actual) version 5.5.48 with these settings.

Please give me a feedback, if the guide works. Thx, Pavel.

Last edited:
Reactions: fakeidtty
We have a better solution!: stop buying products from Xiaomi. The idea was that they are quality products at a moderate price, but if they dont work, they dont fix it, and we dont have customer service, so... it is like buy other cheaper brands at aliexpress (no garanties, no service...).
Problems with cams, problems with notifications, problems with servers, cant use the cloud service, ..... sorry, but this system is crap.

Simply I just wont buy more products for the xiaomi system and myhome, and I migrate to other brands working, and with a normal customer service.

Reactions: AndreyN
We have a better solution!: stop buying products from Xiaomi. The idea was that they are quality products at a moderate price, but if they dont work, they dont fix it, and we dont have customer service, so... it is like buy other cheaper brands at ********** (no garanties, no service...).
Problems with cams, problems with notifications, problems with servers, cant use the cloud service, ..... sorry, but this system is crap.

Simply I just wont buy more products for the xiaomi system and myhome, and I migrate to other brands working, and with a normal customer service.

The problem is, that outside of China push notifications are provided by Google Push Service. But in China, they don't use google, so they have their own system. And this, I think, is only fully availble in china roms without Google. Additional to that, the notifications often fail because of the server speed outside of China. China is behind a big firefall, inside China, chinese servers are fast, but outside they have to pass the firewall and that speeds down.

The international gateways and cameras, that work on EU server for example, are using Google push service and they work without any problems. So, it's not Xiaomis fault. The devices, many people are using here are imported from china, so they are only made to work in China, and there they do...