Mi Max 2 Low Audio Bit Rate

Johnnyman

Members
Nov 7, 2017
Hi guys!!!Currently im using latest eu dev rom and its very good!!Is it possible to raise audio bitrate while recording video from 96kbps to 156kbps?
Thank you!

Hi guys!!!Currently im using latest eu dev rom and its very good!!Is it possible to raise audio bitrate while recording video from 96kbps to 156kbps?
Thank you!

Don't know if there is options somewhere in MIUI to do this easy way, but you can change the max audio bitrate by editing file '"/system/etc/media_profiles.xml" (you need root access)...

find these text :
<AudioEncoderCap name="aac" enabled="true"
minBitRate="8000" maxBitRate="96000"
minSampleRate="8000" maxSampleRate="48000"
minChannels="1" maxChannels="6" />

it's almost at the bottom of the file, and change maxBitRate to "156000", save the file and reboot and try shooting video.

It worked for me.

Attachments

• audio1.jpg
    audio1.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 743
  • audio2.jpg
    audio2.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 745
Reactions: Johnnyman
It worked m8. Thank you very much.

Don't mess with Max 2

Xiaomi hardcoded the max audio bitrate in all their rom this way, so this trick should also works on other devices.

Does the recorded sound actually better with higher bitrate?

Xiaomi hardcoded the max audio bitrate in all their rom this way, so this trick should works also on other devices.

Does the recorded sound actually better with higher bitrate?
I will make Long video tomorrow with car traffic etc and I will we will see.
Also I enabled hevc format :)

Don't mess with Max 2

I will make Long video tomorrow with car traffic etc and I will we will see.
Also I enabled hevc format :)

Don't mess with Max 2

Cool, nice to have hevc format, hopefully our Max2 can record in hevc without any lag when recording.

Please share with us your settings and result, thx.

Reactions: Johnnyman
Don't know if there is options somewhere in MIUI to do this easy way, but you can change the max audio bitrate by editing file '"/system/etc/media_profiles.xml" (you need root access)...

find these text :
<AudioEncoderCap name="aac" enabled="true"
minBitRate="8000" maxBitRate="96000"
minSampleRate="8000" maxSampleRate="48000"
minChannels="1" maxChannels="6" />

it's almost at the bottom of the file, and change maxBitRate to "156000", save the file and reboot and try shooting video.

It worked for me.

Thanks, it worked for me too.