New WhatsApp voicenote recording slider stuck / crash & robotic voice after on Xiaomi 13 ultra

pHneutral

Members
Aug 14, 2023
Hi there,

I hope someone can help me with the following frustrating issue, on this otherwise wonderful ROM.
My friend and I have the same issue on same phone. We both have a Xiaomi 13 Ultra, and regularly when trying to record a voicenote with WhatsApp, the recording slider (up) freezes.

It happens regularly in either two ways.
- Right away when starting a recording, sliding up the record button, and seeing it doesn't record (seconds don't count) and the button is frozen in the slide-up position.
- Or the timer counts, audio graph indicates it's recording, but when pressing send button, frozen, slider stays up. Frustrating, because then it could be my friend or I have already recorded (or so we thought) for a minute or so.

Then I either have to clear RAM (swipe up from homescreen), or wait until I get a popup indicating the app is stuck, and whether or not I want to wait. Waiting doesn't do anything it stays frozen.

- Once it has happened, no new voicenotes on WhatsApp are possible until a reboot is performed, and it randomly (soon) happens again, either after a while, or either right away.
- Telegram works generally fine with recording voicenotes, unless WhatsApp froze up, then voicenotes on Telegram are sounding very 'robotic' until a reboot is performed.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance!
Dennis

Reactions: AnGor
Hi there,

I hope someone can help me with the following frustrating issue, on this otherwise wonderful ROM.
My friend and I have the same issue on same phone. We both have a Xiaomi 13 Ultra, and regularly when trying to record a voicenote with WhatsApp, the recording slider (up) freezes.

- Right away when starting a recording, sliding up the record button, and seeing it doesn't record (seconds don't count) and the button is frozen in the slide-up position.
- Or the timer counts, audio graph indicates it's recording, but when pressing send button, frozen, slider stays up. Frustrating, because then it could be my friend or I have already recorded (or so we thought) for a minute or so.

Then I either have to clear RAM (swipe up from homescreen), or wait until I get a popup indicating the app is stuck, and whether or not I want to wait. Waiting doesn't do anything it stays frozen.

- Once it has happened, no new voicenotes on WhatsApp are possible until a reboot is performed, and it randomly (soon) happens again, either after a while, or either right away.
- Telegram works generally fine with recording voicenotes, unless WhatsApp froze up, then voicenotes on Telegram are sounding very 'robotic' until a reboot is performed.

Dennis
same probleme with Xiaomi 13 Ultra, ROM 14.0.20.0 stable (had this problem also with previous version)

Hi there,

Dennis
Same in Redmi note 11 ROM HyperOS 1.0.3.0 stable. I can't find a solution.