New Mi Max 3 8.8.30 includes firmware-update adding Anti-rollback to devices!!!

A bunch of crybabies. First they want you to not include firmware files for newer ROMs, and then they come over to complain about malfunctions caused by outdated firmware (like the call feature). Seriously, people, you should have stayed on stable MIUI 9, that could avoid all this headache.

Im like 100% sure that the people who compalined about calls and such, installed the rom wrong or flashed it over their fake 9.6.4.0 global rom because they have no idea what they are doing. because of that their firmware is bad and they complain to you about it. if you install it right like I did you have literlly 0 problems! not in calls and not in anywhere else... if you added the firmware-update because of these people and not because of a real problem, you literlly tried to help someone that did a bad installation / installed a 3rd party zip (like root), and when they do that you dont wanna help them, so why helping in this situation when they come to you after flashing your rom wrong? those who installed the rom right had no issues with the calls on 8.8.23 or any other version.

You should have atleast told us about the fact that you added this firmware-update becasue now people got anti-rollback on a rom that wasnt supposed to have it just because of people who installed their rom wrong...

You tried doing something good for the people who had problems but you havent looked forward to how and what they installed and you didnt think about those who didnt want anti-rollback and got for no reason...

I just hope that when you add the firmware-update to Redmi Note 5, Mi 6x and Redmi 6 Pro ; you will tell them on the changelog that you are going to add anti-rollback to them

Thanks for trying to help and have a good day!

Reactions: jacques
Im like 100% sure that the people who compalined about calls and such, installed the rom wrong or flashed it over their fake 9.6.4.0 global rom because they have no idea what they are doing. because of that their firmware is bad and they complain to you about it. if you install it right like I did you have literlly 0 problems! not in calls and not in anywhere else... if you added the firmware-update because of these people and not because of a real problem, you literlly tried to help someone that did a bad installation / installed a 3rd party zip (like root), and when they do that you dont wanna help them, so why helping in this situation when they come to you after flashing your rom wrong? those who installed the rom right had no issues with the calls on 8.8.23 or any other version.

You should have atleast told us about the fact that you added this firmware-update becasue now people got anti-rollback on a rom that wasnt supposed to have it just because of people who installed their rom wrong...

You tried doing something good for the people who had problems but you havent looked forward to how and what they installed and you didnt think about those who didnt want anti-rollback and got for no reason...

I just hope that when you add the firmware-update to Redmi Note 5, Mi 6x and Redmi 6 Pro ; you will tell them on the changelog that you are going to add anti-rollback to them

Thanks for trying to help and have a good day!

The basic original problem is that Xiaomi snuck in the ARB without telling, and are still not telling, neither why nor how.

Now Xiaomi.eu seems to be sneaking in things without telling?

The "sneaking-in" virus seems to be very contagious . . .

Now Xiaomi seems to want to force the ARB on everyone by making critical changes to firmware?

But if yshalsager can make available firmwares without ARB, why can't Xiaomi.eu just use those or roll their own?

The basic original problem is that Xiaomi snuck in the ARB without telling, and are still not telling, neither why nor how.

Now Xiaomi.eu seems to be sneaking in things without telling?

The "sneaking-in" virus seems to be very contagious . . .

Now Xiaomi seems to want to force the ARB on everyone by making critical changes to firmware?

But if yshalsager can make available firmwares without ARB, why can't Xiaomi.eu just use those or roll their own?
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software-hacking/devices-xiaomi-firmware-updater-t3741446 has same firmware files as stock ROM..
so there is no ARB removed as you say..

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software-hacking/devices-xiaomi-firmware-updater-t3741446 has same firmware files as stock ROM..
so there is no ARB removed as you say..

yshalsager has special versions with ARB removed. I have currently no way of checking these.

Firmware without ARB
https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...vices-xiaomi-firmware-updater-t3741446/page34
For whyred, nitrogen, sakura and wayne
Sourceforge:

Developer ROMs Firmware
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xiaomi-firmware-updater/files/non-arb/8.8.30/

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-max-3/development/firmware-xiaomi-mi-max-3-t3832274

Firmware without ARB...

It doesnt matter anymore now that all of us got anti-rollback just give us the latest firmware-update

It matters very much to such as I who have not yet bought any devices which may be blessed with ARB.

I have put all my buying on hold for the foreseeable future, until the fog clears enough to see the icebergs, or until Xiaomi changes their ARB policy to a user friendly one.

It matters very much to such as I who have not yet bought any devices which may be blessed with ARB.

I have put all my buying on hold for the foreseeable future, until the fog clears enough to see the icebergs, or until Xiaomi changes their ARB policy to a user friendly one.
Im suprised you havent understood yet that xiaomi is heading huawies way.
Xiaomi will add ARB to all devices in the near future. This is the begining for them of locking people to their rom.
If you not have known by now, xiaomi updated their highest waiting time for unlocking the bootloader from 360hours (15 days) to ......... 1440 hours (2 months)...
Im 100% sure that xiaomi will later close the bootloader unlocking method locking us all in miui, no rollbacking, looking at their ads in MIUI

Reactions: hydelezz
So what you guys are saying is @yshalsager released a working 8.8.30 update without ARB, but Xiaomi.eu couldn't.

Maybe they forgot.. :rolleyes:

@ingbrzy | @Igor Eisberg

now that we have anti-rollback, if we want to clean flash our rom, it takes 2 weeks to install a xiaomi.eu rom
1 week waiting for the next update so we can fastboot flash it over our rom, then 1 week waiting for xiaomi.eu to release the next week rom because you are not allowed to flash the same rom twice if it also has the same firmware-update folder
so lets say I want to clean install the next update, I need to wait for xiaomi to release 8.9.6 then I need to wait for you to release 8.9.13 so the firmware-update folder wont be the same one so I wont brick my device... (ofcourse that if my device is suspended from the next release it takes more weeks)

to solve this issue, for each ARB rom please include a zip file without firmware-update for those who are already on official global \ china Beta roms so they wont have to wait another week to install your rom.

Can you please help us with that?
This is very important and also annoying

Im suprised you havent understood yet that xiaomi is heading huawies way.
Xiaomi will add ARB to all devices in the near future. This is the begining for them of locking people to their rom.
If you not have known by now, xiaomi updated their highest waiting time for unlocking the bootloader from 360hours (15 days) to ......... 1440 hours (2 months)...
Im 100% sure that xiaomi will later close the bootloader unlocking method locking us all in miui, no rollbacking, looking at their ads in MIUI

Oh yes, I have been aware for some time that Xiaomi is probably going that route.

And that is a sufficient reason why I am not buying any more Xiaomi phones currently.

Think the arb is only if you try to go back to MIUI 9, I received my phone with a shady global rom, so I installed the famous bug .23, to correct I whiped everything and started a fresh with the .16 which resolved a lot of bugs (most of them due to the fake global) last Friday

Or maybe the global also bugged the arb ;-)

Think the arb is only if you try to go back to MIUI 9, I received my phone with a shady global rom, so I installed the famous bug .23, to correct I whiped everything and started a fresh with the .16 which resolved a lot of bugs (most of them due to the fake global) last Friday

Or maybe the global also bugged the arb ;-)
xiaomi.eu 8.8.23 didnt have arb