Mi Note Pro: Complete Beginners Guide

Looks like you are getting file names in the console wrong again. In this case, you are requesting your computer to sideload the file without providing the correct file name.Therefore the system can't fnd the file and thinks it doesn't exist.

Make sure files you are trying to load exist in the ADB/Fastboot directory and you are typing their full and correct names. In this case, type:

adb sideload xiaomi.eu_multi_leo_V7.2.4.0.LXHCNDA_v7-5.1.zip

i tried again with new name no success for me

Attachments

• Skärmklipp 2twrp.PNG
    Skärmklipp 2twrp.PNG
    30.7 KB · Views: 291
Dude, for some reason your file is named xiaomi.eu_multi_leo_V7.2.4.0.LXHCNDA_v7-5.1.zip.zip

http://shot.qip.ru/00KSN6-1eLukldHv/

You need to provide the exact name of the file (with extension) to the fastboot sideload utility exactly the way it is named in your file system.

try running:

adb sideload xiaomi.eu_multi_leo_V7.2.4.0.LXHCNDA_v7-5.1.zip.zip

If this does not help or you have difficulties using long file names in the console, do this:

1. Go to Windows File Explorer
2. Go to C:\Program Files(x86)\Minimal Adb and Fastboot directory
3. Rename the file xiaomi.eu_multi_leo_V7.2.4.0.LXHCNDA_v7-5.1.zip.zip file into something simple, like xiaomi.zip
4. Get back to the console and run adb sideload xiaomi.zip

Hope this helps.

Hej ! Jag kommer till 15 "typ Boot boot twrp.img och sedan säger att det" kan inte läsa twrp.img: ingen sådan fil eller katalog "Jag har hämtat och extraheras och puttade img-filen till
Dude, for some reason your file is named xiaomi.eu_multi_leo_V7.2.4.0.LXHCNDA_v7-5.1.zip.zip

http://shot.qip.ru/00KSN6-1eLukldHv/

You need to provide the exact name of the file (with extension) to the fastboot sideload utility exactly the way it is named in your file system.

try running:

adb sideload xiaomi.eu_multi_leo_V7.2.4.0.LXHCNDA_v7-5.1.zip.zip

If this does not help or you have difficulties using long file names in the console, do this:

1. Go to Windows File Explorer
2. Go to C:\Program Files(x86)\Minimal Adb and Fastboot directory
3. Rename the file xiaomi.eu_multi_leo_V7.2.4.0.LXHCNDA_v7-5.1.zip.zip file into something simple, like xiaomi.zip
4. Get back to the console and run adb sideload xiaomi.zip

Hope this helps.

YOU ARE THE BEST !

NOW IT WORKS GREAT

Do you know if it comes with swedish language ?

Thanks a lot

Great to hear, enjoy!

I don't think it has Swedish at this point by looking at this post. However, you're always welcome to join the localisation team and help them translate it into Swedish. :)

Getting this error:

FAILED (remote: unlock device to use this command)

any advice?

thank you

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
You have to unlock your device. Follow Q17 of this guide or apply for an unlocking code via miui unlock.

Really appreciate your help. Weird thing is, I did apply and received this email (attached). So why isn't it unlocked?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 297
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 326
I guess, something went wrong (judging by your second screen shot) and your device did not get unlocked.

Nevertheless, you now have 3 options:

1. Leave it as it is.
2. Write back to Xiaomi, let them know about failed inlock and try resolving your unlock issue with them.
3. Use Q17 of the guide and unlock it yourself. Just make sure you carefully read and understood it before trying :)

Totally up to you :)

Will work both ways. Choose "No" if you are not sure.

Sent from my MI NOTE Pro using Tapatalk

Thank you for all the help. Really appreciated.

I choose to root so I can use apps like AdAway and Greenify. Any way knowing if I am indeed rooted?

Thanks

I am surprised this thread has only few views. It is very good and got me through the entire process. Thank you for that OP.

Wanted to ask: does the new ROM installed (this unofficial EU rom) gets OTA updates? Or do we need to manually check for updates?

Thank you :)

Sorry for my question but if I have the bootloader locked can I follow the guide form q15 or do I have to do q17 before?Thank you for your help!

Thanks for a wonderful guide.
I did everything and I got a working xiaomi.eu ROM, but with some chinease apps.
You wrote about it in A18 "It looks like you did not wipe your device as suggested in Q15 Step 9".
Looking in A15, it is not clear what should I do. Can you please clarify?
Q15 and A15 is copied here, with my [comment] inside.

Q15: How exactly do I flash the ROM?
A15:
You do it this way:
9. Now you can make FACTORY RESET (slider at the bottom) on WIPE menu. Do NOT wipe anything manually by ticking boxes.

[AB: What is WIPE menu? What do you mean by "Do NOT wipe anything manually by ticking boxes" ? How do I wipe?]

Thank you!
You might want to add to the guide that after the ROM is installed, you do not press the big reboot button on the bottom of the screen. You go first to the main menu of the TWRP, select Wipe, slide to the right, go back to the main menu and select Reboot.

Thank you!
You might want to add to the guide that after the ROM is installed, you do not press the big reboot button on the bottom of the screen. You go first to the main menu of the TWRP, select Wipe, slide to the right, go back to the main menu and select Reboot.
Bevakasha (;

Mi Note Pro

Thank you!

Cheers!
Is that something different from what "Question 15: Step 9" suggests? :)

I am surprised this thread has only few views. It is very good and got me through the entire process. Thank you for that OP.

Wanted to ask: does the new ROM installed (this unofficial EU rom) gets OTA updates? Or do we need to manually check for updates?

Thank you :)

No worries and you're most welcome! Glad that people find this helpful.

Regarding the OTA updates - added as Q19 to the guide. Generally speaking, it is something like re-flashing to a newer build but without wiping user data.

Thank you for your help, Mixxalych. It is appreciated.
After flashing again. This time with proper Wipe before Reboot, I have a clean working European ROM.
But at the end of the flash, there was an error message of a note that there is no "SU" and that it will be "unrooted".
Is it Okay to stay without "root"?

Thank you for your help, Mixxalych. It is appreciated.
After flashing again. This time with proper Wipe before Reboot, I have a clean working European ROM.
But at the end of the flash, there was an error message of a note that there is no "SU" and that it will be "unrooted".
Is it Okay to stay without "root"?

You are most welcome, guys here were very helpful when I just bought my Mi Note Pro so I am kinda "passing it on" :)

Yes, it is OK to stay "unrooted" and it is also no harm to get your device rooted - it will not affect your warranty (which you don't have anyway) nor will it influence the way your applications behave. I'd say that unless you really have a reason to root it, leave it the way it is.

I also believe that if you really needed your device "rooted" for some reason, I am sure you would already have known that reaon and rooted the phone without asking, stimmt? :)

Last edited:
You are most welcome, guys here were very helpful when I just bought my Mi Note Pro so I am kinda "passing it on" :)

Yes, it is OK to stay "unrooted" and it is also no harm to get your device rooted - it will not affect your warranty (which you don't have anyway) nor will it influence the way your applications behave. I'd say that unless you really have a reason to root it, leave it the way it is.

I also believe that if you really needed your device "rooted" for some reason, I am sure you would already have known that reaon and rooted the phone without asking, stimmt? :)

You are most probably right... :)
Thanks!

How do i unbrick my phone if it's completely unresponsive? It shows up on the PC but i can't start anything on there