Mi Pad 2 Fastboot Does Not Work, Can't Install Twrp

_globber

Members
May 31, 2016
Hello,
I am having a problem with my Mi Pad 2 that, at least I think so, is unique.
I bought the mipad 2 a while ago with Android and 64GB.
Unfortunately they sent me the one with Windows 10.
I didn´t like that.

I sat at my computer for about 10 hours trying to install MIUI on the mi pad 2 and I acutally made it.
Even Google Play Store was working after additional 3hours.
The problem was, i had to confirm the bootloader unlock every start (error 03).

After several months (today) I started to get pissed off by that damn error 03.
I tried to fix that by just installing the original chinese rom again, because I tought I already installed everything I wanted and the english language wouldn´t bother me.

That worked. (I just used the MIUI Updater App)
I am currently running MIUI 7.2.1 LACCNDA from the en.miui.com website.

What bothers me is that I still have to confirm the god damn bootloader every restart and the gplay service doesnt work. When I discovered your MIUI Version today I was going to install it (and TWRP first) but nothing works. :(

Fastboot returns an empty list, adb works.
TWRP isn´t installed - at least I can´t enter it and I was in the Mi recovery that should be replaced by TWRP shouldn´t it?
WinDroid always shuts the device down and boots into fastboot which doesn´t work and end in an endless fastboot mode.

I heared you rom will delete the f***ing error 03 and be in german aaaand support gplay services.

Is there a way to install you rom on my mi pad 2? I dont know whether I have to just install it through the updater app or not (because of versions). I was going to wipe system and then install it through TWRP, but that didn´t work out as expected because of missing TWRP that can´t be installed due to fastboot not working.
I am afraid of breaking it :/

I hope I didn´t write too much and I hope you can help me!!
Please don´t mind spelling or grammar mistakes, I am really tired of trying this s**t all day long, I normally don´t ask for help in forums - this is my first time.
If you need any information just ask, I will answer ASAP.

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
Okay, Thanks, I will try this tomorrow.

Are you sure it is possible to just the Version over the one I installed?
If you flash for example a cyanogenmod 12 rom over your cyanogenmod 13 handy, it will be bricked after.

This won't happen if I just flash your rom (that is, if I am correct, an older version)?

Thanks for you help!!!

It’s good to flash the Developer rom first from here
http://en.miui.com/download-296.html
as you are in stable. You wouldn’t have bricked problems.

I forgot to mention that you can easily remove the error 03 by locking the bootloader with the command "fastboot oem lock" . With this command you will lose all you data so make a back up first if you tied it but after that you will have the Google play error 963 as I had after I lock the bootloader.

So you have two options lock your bootloader or flash a EU rom. Good luck!

Kostas83, I bought a mi pad 2 with windows 10. Want to install miui eu. Your instructions work in my case? Tks

No! you must follow this guide first.
http://en.miui.com/thread-239056-1-1.html

Mine was also windows version and I successfully install MIUI by following this guide. If you do it there is an error in the guide the line 3 must be in the line 2 and the line 2 in the line 3 like this

* fastboot flash oemvars (oemvars.txt)
* fastboot flash oemvars (oemvars-battery-config-fake.txt)
* fastboot flash oemvars (oemvars-battery-config-fake-disabled.txt
And the rest as if.

Good luck if you tired it.

I forgot to mention that you can easily remove the error 03 by locking the bootloader with the command "fastboot oem lock" . With this command you will lose all you data so make a back up first if you tied it but after that you will have the Google play error 963 as I had after I lock the bootloader.

You can lock bootloader, but then, to avoid error 963, you should flash userdata.img from fastboot. Take a look into my instruction how to avoid error 963 PART 2.
The idea is every time to locking/unlocking - flash userdata.img.

No! To do the guide you need a fastboot rom. In the guide there is a link with the official stable rom. After that you will be exactly as 3ch5e77. You will have the stable rom with the error 03 at start up. Then you can follow the instructions I give to 3ch5e77 if you want to flash the EU rom.

Hallo,
Just tried to flash the dev-rom from the link you sent me but I keep getting the error that the file is corrupted.
Downloaded it again but still doesnt work. What now?

EDIT:
worked now - will continue with the instructions

Last edited:
uh, I can´t do this:

3. Connect your tab to your PC and boot into fastboot.
4. In Windows explorer, when twrp (N1) folder opened press Shift and right mouse button and select "Open command window here".
5. Run install_TWRP.bat

Because the install_TWRP.bat just says <waiting for device> altough I am in fastboot mode.

As I already said the fastboot kind of doesn´t work.
I get into fastboot through pressing the volume down button when it asks me to confirm the "error 03" (unlocked bootloader)

What can I do now? Is there another way to get into fastboot?

Thanks, did everything and everything works!
No 963 error and no bootloader error!

Thank you so much!!!

kind regards
-3ch5e77

Kostas83, thank you for answering the questions. There are good guides/informations but easy to get confused with so many ways and scenarios. Sometimes we only need someone to point the right way.

Converted my mi pad 2 from windows to miui with fastboot rom. Tomorrow I will try to install EU rom. Tks again

Ok, here I am.

Installed Android SDK Tools to get ADB and Fastboot
Installed Intel USB driver for Android devices
WINDOWS 10 > Fastboot ROM > Developer ROM > TWRP > EU 6.4.7

Everything seems fine.. but.. I don't have keyboard. When I click on a textbox, (for example put wifi password), no keyboard appears. What can i do?

This rom has Google keyboard built in. You shouldn’t have this issue. Look if there is a shortcut in the home page if not go in the additional setting ->keyborard & input methods.

If this doesn’t work download Google Keyboard from play store.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.inputmethod.latin

If none of this solve the issue download the apk from here
https://apkpure.com/google-keyboard/com.google.android.inputmethod.latin
Transfer the file in tablet and install it.

I installed the apk. I solved by changing the OS language to another than english and set english again. Seems ok :cool: