Mi Pad 4 & Android 10

marc bernis

Members
Nov 9, 2018
I was upset when Xiaomi give up on tablets and the so good Mi pad 4 & 4+

Hopefully just updated Mi pad 4 LTE & Mi pad 4 + LTE with official Android 10 Bliss ROM:

Still beta, but for me everything works fine with excellent performance (Antutu score 181 743, wifi & LTE excellent) good stability, January security patch and native dark theme...

OTA updates are planned in next build and so I should get regular security updates.

Ingmar_Schulz

Members
Mar 19, 2016
Hello,

I'm interested in a mi pad 4, but now I red there is no update for it. Now I read your post, my question on is: How can I flash this bliss ROM and must I flash TWRP on mi pad and this means I must unlock bootloader? Is it so?

And will there roll out updates after this ROM for mi pad 4?

Best regards

Ispas

Gesendet von meinem Mi Note 3 mit Tapatalk

Ingmar_Schulz

Members
Mar 19, 2016
Do know where I can get TWRP for mi pad 4 which is ok to flash bliss ROM?

marc bernis

Members
Nov 9, 2018
Hello,

I'm interested in a mi pad 4, but now I red there is no update for it. Now I read your post, my question on is: How can I flash this bliss ROM and must I flash TWRP on mi pad and this means I must unlock bootloader? Is it so?

And will there roll out updates after this ROM for mi pad 4?

Best regards

Ispas

Hello,

Yes you need to unlock bootloader and install twrp (like for xiaomi.eu ROM or any custom ROM)

To unlock bootloader you can maybe try this one from Xiaomi.eu https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/how-to-unlock-bootloader-unbrick-and-install-correctly-miui-11-on-mi9t-9-9-26-to-20-1-21.52539/
(Note only use USB 2 ports it always fail for me with USB3)

For twrp you can maybe follow the xiaomi.eu guide here https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-10-0-10-1-10-2-10-3-10-4-stable-release.47170/
And then flash bliss instead of Xiaomi.eu

Relatively painful process the 1st time you do it but after it becomes pretty easy. A little adventure but freedom at the end for your mi pad 4.

I'm not MI Pad 4 bliss rom développer but my understanding of how bliss is organized means that this official ROM will have OTA security updates. (Note OTA should be available on next build)

Just to summarize you get a device with latest android and many setting options stable with same perf than xiaomi.eu to (you can even do VoLTE calls if your carrier offer that)

Note : i'm not responsible if you break your device doing any of these processes

Reactions: djgholum

deepblue2000

Members
Apr 14, 2017
Very good rom
Latest googlecam from Urnyx05 is working incl. Redmi note 7 xml !

Last edited:

djgholum

Members
Sep 8, 2017
Hello,

Yes you need to unlock bootloader and install twrp (like for xiaomi.eu ROM or any custom ROM)

To unlock bootloader you can maybe try this one from Xiaomi.eu https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/how-to-unlock-bootloader-unbrick-and-install-correctly-miui-11-on-mi9t-9-9-26-to-20-1-21.52539/
(Note only use USB 2 ports it always fail for me with USB3)

For twrp you can maybe follow the xiaomi.eu guide here https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-10-0-10-1-10-2-10-3-10-4-stable-release.47170/
And then flash bliss instead of Xiaomi.eu

Relatively painful process the 1st time you do it but after it becomes pretty easy. A little adventure but freedom at the end for your mi pad 4.

I'm not MI Pad 4 bliss rom développer but my understanding of how bliss is organized means that this official ROM will have OTA security updates. (Note OTA should be available on next build)

Just to summarize you get a device with latest android and many setting options stable with same perf than xiaomi.eu to (you can even do VoLTE calls if your carrier offer that)

Note : i'm not responsible if you break your device doing any of these processes
Thanks, if also root needed???

marc bernis

Members
Nov 9, 2018
Thanks, if also root needed???
Hello, sure no root needed (even if described in xda instructions).
I never ever root my devices as my priorities are 1 security (this is why I choose a official custom rom with published code & regular security updates) 2 stability 3 performance. I came from xiaomi.eu rom. Bliss has a AOSP parameter UI with extra setting (for me better than miui but this is personal feeling... Honestly a search in settings should be a basic) it is fully functional with excellent performances and stability, if you have lte version and a subscription allowing voLTE you can pass calls as an extra, stability & battery are excellent. Only gap I found is face unlock... But to get Android 10 and full dark mode support, this was minor trade for me (specially as face unlock on mi pad 4 was poor and unsecured)
So my mi pad 4 and 4+ looks like new kids with untutu perf > 183 000 :)

Reactions: djgholum