Mi Pad 4 & Android 10

marc bernis

Members
Nov 9, 2018
I was upset when Xiaomi give up on tablets and the so good Mi pad 4 & 4+

Hopefully just updated Mi pad 4 LTE & Mi pad 4 + LTE with official Android 10 Bliss ROM:

Still beta, but for me everything works fine with excellent performance (Antutu score 181 743, wifi & LTE excellent) good stability, January security patch and native dark theme...

OTA updates are planned in next build and so I should get regular security updates.

Reactions: khamilmoknah
Hello,

I'm interested in a mi pad 4, but now I red there is no update for it. Now I read your post, my question on is: How can I flash this bliss ROM and must I flash TWRP on mi pad and this means I must unlock bootloader? Is it so?

And will there roll out updates after this ROM for mi pad 4?

Best regards

Ispas

Gesendet von meinem Mi Note 3 mit Tapatalk

Do know where I can get TWRP for mi pad 4 which is ok to flash bliss ROM?

Hello,

I'm interested in a mi pad 4, but now I red there is no update for it. Now I read your post, my question on is: How can I flash this bliss ROM and must I flash TWRP on mi pad and this means I must unlock bootloader? Is it so?

And will there roll out updates after this ROM for mi pad 4?

Best regards

Ispas

Hello,

Yes you need to unlock bootloader and install twrp (like for xiaomi.eu ROM or any custom ROM)

To unlock bootloader you can maybe try this one from Xiaomi.eu https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...ctly-miui-11-on-mi9t-9-9-26-to-20-1-21.52539/
(Note only use USB 2 ports it always fail for me with USB3)

For twrp you can maybe follow the xiaomi.eu guide here https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-10-0-10-1-10-2-10-3-10-4-stable-release.47170/
And then flash bliss instead of Xiaomi.eu

Relatively painful process the 1st time you do it but after it becomes pretty easy. A little adventure but freedom at the end for your mi pad 4.

I'm not MI Pad 4 bliss rom développer but my understanding of how bliss is organized means that this official ROM will have OTA security updates. (Note OTA should be available on next build)

Just to summarize you get a device with latest android and many setting options stable with same perf than xiaomi.eu to (you can even do VoLTE calls if your carrier offer that)

Note : i'm not responsible if you break your device doing any of these processes

Reactions: djgholum
Very good rom
Latest googlecam from Urnyx05 is working incl. Redmi note 7 xml !

Last edited:
Hello,

Yes you need to unlock bootloader and install twrp (like for xiaomi.eu ROM or any custom ROM)

To unlock bootloader you can maybe try this one from Xiaomi.eu https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...ctly-miui-11-on-mi9t-9-9-26-to-20-1-21.52539/
(Note only use USB 2 ports it always fail for me with USB3)

For twrp you can maybe follow the xiaomi.eu guide here https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-10-0-10-1-10-2-10-3-10-4-stable-release.47170/
And then flash bliss instead of Xiaomi.eu

Relatively painful process the 1st time you do it but after it becomes pretty easy. A little adventure but freedom at the end for your mi pad 4.

I'm not MI Pad 4 bliss rom développer but my understanding of how bliss is organized means that this official ROM will have OTA security updates. (Note OTA should be available on next build)

Just to summarize you get a device with latest android and many setting options stable with same perf than xiaomi.eu to (you can even do VoLTE calls if your carrier offer that)

Note : i'm not responsible if you break your device doing any of these processes

Thanks, if also root needed???

Thanks, if also root needed???
Hello, sure no root needed (even if described in xda instructions).
I never ever root my devices as my priorities are 1 security (this is why I choose a official custom rom with published code & regular security updates) 2 stability 3 performance. I came from xiaomi.eu rom. Bliss has a AOSP parameter UI with extra setting (for me better than miui but this is personal feeling... Honestly a search in settings should be a basic) it is fully functional with excellent performances and stability, if you have lte version and a subscription allowing voLTE you can pass calls as an extra, stability & battery are excellent. Only gap I found is face unlock... But to get Android 10 and full dark mode support, this was minor trade for me (specially as face unlock on mi pad 4 was poor and unsecured)
So my mi pad 4 and 4+ looks like new kids with untutu perf > 183 000 :)

Reactions: djgholum
I must say that the above mentioned rom is by for the best i've tired for the mipad, and definitely would abandon the last miui build for this if not for the following reasons:
1. Gesture navigation does not support 3rd party launchers like Nova(which i use), so i'll have to use one plus gestures which goes well with nova and allows shortcut use.
2. I'll miss quick ball too much! there's no other 3rd party touch assistant app out there which offers the same functionality as quickball, eg.,adding a shortcut to an app or a custom action you'd like to have on the first choice list etc.

Other than those 2 little "comforts" I think bliss is probably the best out there at this time, everything else works amazing. Just do a simple wipe before flashing it, wiping system, formatting internal storage etc will land you in easily avoidable situations.

My 2c

I must say that the above mentioned rom is by for the best i've tired for the mipad, and definitely would abandon the last miui build for this if not for the following reasons:
1. Gesture navigation does not support 3rd party launchers like Nova(which i use), so i'll have to use one plus gestures which goes well with nova and allows shortcut use.
2. I'll miss quick ball too much! there's no other 3rd party touch assistant app out there which offers the same functionality as quickball, eg.,adding a shortcut to an app or a custom action you'd like to have on the first choice list etc.

Other than those 2 little "comforts" I think bliss is probably the best out there at this time, everything else works amazing. Just do a simple wipe before flashing it, wiping system, formatting internal storage etc will land you in easily avoidable situations.

My 2c

Regarding first point, it works. I use Bliss Rom with Nova launcher and guestures navigations works fine.

Regarding first point, it works. I use Bliss Rom with Nova launcher and guestures navigations works fine.
Didn't for me. Not with Nova, unless there's another update from the Feb release, just reflashed bliss to take that screenshot, reverting back to miui now

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200223-004947_Nova_Launcher[1].png
    Screenshot_20200223-004947_Nova_Launcher[1].png
    158.2 KB · Views: 1,374
Last edited:
Bliss Rom V12.3
NikGapps-full-arm64-10-20200119-signed.zip

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200222-204500_Nova_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20200222-204500_Nova_Launcher.png
    137.8 KB · Views: 1,486
Why a petition since several versions in android 10 already exist and are functional ?
I use LineageOs 17.1, and it works very well ...
For OFFICAL update
You can see the Samsung Note 8 petition is still here when Lineage OS 17.1 is out
And only a few users have knowledge to install custom rom like you, and flashing may brick devices.
Most of the users are waiting for Xiaomi to push the update and the petition is for them.
OK do you understand?

I have a LTE, I
Flash Bliss Rom, used Bliss-v12.7-clover-OFFICIAL-20200528.zip
Flash Google Apps package used NikGapps-full-arm64-10-20200601-signed.zip
without problem but I still have an issue with Google play services, that crashes what i did wrong?

Reactions: majellanos
For OFFICAL update
You can see the Samsung Note 8 petition is still here when Lineage OS 17.1 is out
And only a few users have knowledge to install custom rom like you, and flashing may brick devices.
Most of the users are waiting for Xiaomi to push the update and the petition is for them.
OK do you understand?
I agree with you but, if you post here, I suppose you have installed Xiaomi.eu ROM, so, you already have the knowledges ... Try...
Good Luck

Last edited:
So after a factory reset, fully wiped dalvik cache system and data, reboot the flashed the latest twrp re-install bliss v12.7, reboot, flashed open_gapps-arm64-10.0-stock-20200605, then magisk, reboot, everything run smooth without any problems this time !

I just missing AR core support :-s

Can you tell me about your experience and what dispositive you flashed it? I would like to write in Portuguese due to the complexity of the flashing procedures.

Flashed it on my Mi Pad 4 Plus and on a friends Mi Pad 4, everything works, super fluid and smooth, used official TWRP.
Till now no bug detected
crdroid also is super customizable

Needed
TWRP
Crdroid
Gapps Arm64 for android 10

Super easy to flash once you have unlocked the bootloader

PS: my native language is Portuguese ( A lingua de Camões)

Reactions: Wando