Mi Smart Gateway Hub and Mi Temperature and Humidity Monitor 2

It works again for me in Germany.

Does anyone have a solution for the problem that I can only see the daily history.
It never shows the weekly oder monthly history.

Best regards

Facing the same issue. I bought the Xiaomi Gateway 3 just for this reason. Doesn't seem to record/upload data continuously. Another problem I now encounter is late presentation of data in the history fields. It shows up to 10 hours in the past, only for the current date. Used to show real-time data two months ago. I am assuming there's still a problem with the EU servers not communicating with the devices as they are supposed to.

Can anyone confirm it works with Gateway 2? Just bought it with a sensor set and it doesn't have an option to add Temperature and Humidity Monitor 2 as a child device, regardless of which region i choose :/

Can anyone confirm it works with Gateway 2? Just bought it with a sensor set and it doesn't have an option to add Temperature and Humidity Monitor 2 as a child device, regardless of which region i choose :/
You don't add it as a child device, this option is only for ZigBee devices. Works when added as a top-level device, make sure that Bluetooth Mesh gateway option is activated in settings of the gateway.

There was a malfunction of EU cloud API for few weeks in November/December 2020, thus the posts above, but it's working again now.

You don't add it as a child device, this option is only for ZigBee devices. Works when added as a top-level device, make sure that Bluetooth Mesh gateway option is activated in settings of the gateway.

There was a malfunction of EU cloud API for few weeks in November/December 2020, thus the posts above, but it's working again now.

Ok, I feel like a complete idiot, but i can't find bluetooth mesh option anywhere in gateway settings in Xiaomi Home app. Even after switching to another region. Could you please help me with that? Are you 100% positive that it is activated in Gateway 2.0?

Ok, I feel like a complete idiot, but i can't find bluetooth mesh option anywhere in gateway settings in Xiaomi Home app. Even after switching to another region. Could you please help me with that? Are you 100% positive that it is activated in Gateway 2.0?
Your Gateway v2 won't work with BLE devices like the Temperature and Humidity Monitor 2. That's because Gateway v2 does not support Bluetooth, you need Gateway v3 for that.

Same here on the hub v3! It started working, and everything seems ok! Region Portugal.
In which region are you using the app? I tried Singapore, China, Portugal and when I choose to add children's devices it doesn't appear in the list of devices.

In which region are you using the app? I tried Singapore, China, Portugal and when I choose to add children's devices it doesn't appear in the list of devices.
Add it as a top-level device.
83098aa623b61c0296b4ee7a969058ef.jpg

Reactions: Rafael Lima
Please tell me if this is only me or everyone is experiencing the same thing...the data displayed in the history chart is completely inaccurate...at 9:00 i had 22.3 displayed on device, 22.2 displayed in app and 23.1 on history chart (for 9:00). Also does anyone know roughly how long it takes the data shown by device to sync with the server. I never have the same values both on monitor and app.There is always a diff of 0.1, 0.2 degrees. That doesn't bother me too much, but the history chart issue is a pain for me...that's the reason i bought the temp monitor.

Thanks, I had already given up, after a long time left aside the hub listed the thermometer on the bluetooth network
When reviewing the history, I can see that there are gaps - perhaps the cloud has had issues during the last few days. Also, check the signal bar, perhaps the thermo-/higrometer signal reaches the gateway only occasionally.

Hi all
I have 2 issues, one bigger than the other. First, after a few days the sensor is not seen by the Mi Home app, and I reset the device (which is really not easy) and still can't connect to it. I check the screen and normally from time to time the bluetooth icon should be flashed on screen, but kept looking and nothing. Reset it like 20 times, removed battery, nothing. Any ideas? I am tempted to throw them away out of frustration, (bought 7 and 4 are unboxed).

Secondly, Aqara Hub (EU version) can't see any temp2 sensors, and it's not even listed for it. Anyone succeeded with Aqara?

I had hoped that after the last update something might have changed...

Thank you

Hi all
I have 2 issues, one bigger than the other. First, after a few days the sensor is not seen by the Mi Home app, and I reset the device (which is really not easy) and still can't connect to it. I check the screen and normally from time to time the bluetooth icon should be flashed on screen, but kept looking and nothing. Reset it like 20 times, removed battery, nothing. Any ideas? I am tempted to throw them away out of frustration, (bought 7 and 4 are unboxed).

Secondly, Aqara Hub (EU version) can't see any temp2 sensors, and it's not even listed for it. Anyone succeeded with Aqara?

I had hoped that after the last update something might have changed...

Thank you
How do you connect to the sensor (over BLE Gateway or your phone's BT)? How far is the sensor from the device you're trying to access it? Why don't you try to connect one, or more, of the other new sensors you have?

How do you connect to the sensor (over BLE Gateway or your phone's BT)? How far is the sensor from the device you're trying to access it? Why don't you try to connect one, or more, of the other new sensors you have?
30 cm from phone, via bluetooth. I installed 3 sensors and after a few days/weeks, my phone can't communicate/find them. Then I remove one from the app, and reset the sensor, and I can't find it anymore to add it again. Happens the same for all 3 sensors. Didn't bother installing the other 4 sensors due to this and the fact that I can't connect it to Aqara HUB at all, since that's what I wanted in the first place.

30 cm from phone, via bluetooth. I installed 3 sensors and after a few days/weeks, my phone can't communicate/find them. Then I remove one from the app, and reset the sensor, and I can't find it anymore to add it again. Happens the same for all 3 sensors. Didn't bother installing the other 4 sensors due to this and the fact that I can't connect it to Aqara HUB at all, since that's what I wanted in the first place.
I somehow managed to get one of the sensors working again. Removed the battery for 5 minutes, reset it like 10 times continuously and rebooted the phone. Since I already did the battery and reset of sensor previously without luck, I can only conclude that the phone has issues, but at the same time I am wearing a mi band 4 that communicates via bluetooth and it is working properly. So unclear where the issue is on the phone: bluetooth or app. I got an app update some days ago but have not restarted since.
So I guess I can say that issue with connecting to phone is "resolved".

Anyone managed to connect the sensors to Aqara Hub (Eu version/servers)?

Thanks

Unfortunately, the Aqara Hub connects via the Zigbee protocol only. Unlike the Xiaomi Gateway 3, the Aqara has no BT chip in it, so it is not possible to connect BT devices.

Hello everyone,

I have the same problem as you all. I placed the Portugal Region, did the firmware update and unfortunately I can't access the xiaomi mi temperature and humidity monitor through the application. I cannot synchronize it with the HUB.
Someone can help me?

greetings

Hello guys, I hope you're well. I have got a Xiaomi smart home kit compatible with MI Home devices, it contains GW v2 I suppose and localization is Italy. I have been able to configure the MI temperature and humidy sensor 2. I noticed when I create an automation using the xiaomi home app such as:
when temperature is below 20°C send a notification and start a ringtone on the gateway = nothing happens !!!
any idea?

thanks

Reactions: vedranius