Mi Smart Gateway Hub and Mi Temperature and Humidity Monitor 2

Hello,
I'm also still facing two issues (one is new).

My Setup:
- 4 Xiaomi Hygrometers (the round ones with display) located in different rooms
- 2 Xiaomi bedside lamps (the one with BLE Gateway)

Both lamps detect all 4 sensors via the BLE Gateway (with different signal quality) and I am able to see sensor data from outside my network using the mi home app.
Everything works finde for more than a year now (with some issue times already discussed hear). But what never worked was the monthly and weekly history charts. Anyone have them working and a idea how to get them to work?

Second Issue:
The daily history chart has an offset of 16 hours.
The last Value I can see is 15:00 when it is actually 07:00 the next day.
Someone has a fix for this issue?

We already discussed this issue a couple of posts back. There are probably data packets lost/dropped in transit between the local gateway and Xiaomi servers. The Temperature and Humidity Monitor 2 seems to lose less packets than the round sensor as it almost always gives me a consistent daily chart, but many days are skipped in the monthly chart.

Thank you for this reply.
I did not connect those answers to my issue.

Maybe I will buy an additional Monitor 2 to check if I have less problems.

Thank you. :)

Hi,

I have two devices Mi Temperature and Humidity Monitor 2. Everything was fine at the beginning, but now the history registry just shows values that do not correspond to the actual values on the devices:

Today, the humidity level has been always lower than 80, yet it logs different levels from the real ones, as you can see, both temperature and humidity.
Has this happened to anyone here? Any solutions?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hello I’m having a problem with the sensor...the gateway says it’s connected and sees the device but there’s nothing under child devices and when i click in the humidity sensor it says enable Bluetooth..I can’t control or see the accurate temp and humidity in the app...I don’t know what’s wrong please help

Attachments

• A22E3D89-2F3B-452D-AD01-FCC16B425414.png
    A22E3D89-2F3B-452D-AD01-FCC16B425414.png
    843 KB · Views: 493
  • AB0E0E82-DFDF-4E0F-ABB7-3ECC6C994952.png
    AB0E0E82-DFDF-4E0F-ABB7-3ECC6C994952.png
    229.1 KB · Views: 559
  • 852710AF-DF46-4C93-A5AD-68CC8456E26D.png
    852710AF-DF46-4C93-A5AD-68CC8456E26D.png
    315.6 KB · Views: 582
I faced the same issue... In my casethe fix was to change a setting i forgot i changed for testing.

Profile -> experimental features -> disabled forced ble gateways.

I hope it helps

Hi,
Just to confirm,
I've got a mi gateway 2 (connected to china server) with zigbee temperature sensors, door sensor and movement sensor.
If i buy the gateway 3 and connect it to my country server (Portugal) will the sensors I already have still work correctly?
Thanks!

Hi,
Just to confirm,
I've got a mi gateway 2 (connected to china server) with zigbee temperature sensors, door sensor and movement sensor.
If i buy the gateway 3 and connect it to my country server (Portugal) will the sensors I already have still work correctly?
Thanks!
Hi,
I bought one with Hub2 and 3 and I had to move to China, as it did not recognize the sensors, before I used everything in Sigapura in the current configuration, I no longer have access to an xiaomi smart plug because I bought it in their store in Portugal

Olá Rafael!

But the problem is that the devices don't show up in the app when the Portuguese server is selected, or the devices show up in the app but it is not possible to pair them with the gateway?

Obrigado!

Hello,

Received the mi gateway 3.

Successfully connected all the sensors I had, which were previously connected to China mainland server with gateway 2, to Portugal server (zigbees - door, movement, temperature, and Bluetooth - temperature with LCD display).

I have a gateway 3 and I'd like to use Bluetooth temp sensors and smart plugs to control the temp in small rooms.
Unfortunately very often even the conditions are met, the rules don't run.
e.g. I set a smart plug to turn on below 22C and turn off above 22C. I turned off the bluetooth on my mobile and checked the Mi Home app. The sensor updated a value over 22C, so the gateway must know the sensor value but the smart plug didn't switched off. Sometimes I see it working but not reliable at all.
I think it might be something about how the gateway is checking the conditions for a scene. If it miss the turning point of the sensor (let's say going from 21.9 to 22.0) it doesn't detect the condition if no transition happens. It should check the scenes on all sensor readings and also check the conditions when a scene schedule get's active.
Maybe I'm wrong, but some bugfixes are definitely needed on this. I'm running the latest firmware on all devices.:

hub: 1.5.0_0026
wifi smart plugs: 1.3.9_0004
Bluetooth temp sensors: 0130
Mi home app version 6.12.706
Hungary region

Reactions: knovak83
Hi everyone,

I just bought a xiaomi gateway (v3) and a couple of Bluetooth Temperature and Humidity sensors.
I cannot get the Gateway child devices to list the Bluetooth sensor :(
I'm using the Xiaomi App with Portugal region where I have other devices.
I can see the Temperature sensor if I try to associate directly with the phone but not with the gateway.

Any help?

Reactions: joaolimadesign
Hi everyone,
exactly the same issue here: I cannot connect the Gateway v3 to devices to the Temperature and Humidity sensor via Bluetooth.
Seems that is an issue since October...
There is no update for this?

Hi everyone,
exactly the same issue here: I cannot connect the Gateway v3 to devices to the Temperature and Humidity sensor via Bluetooth.
Seems that is an issue since October...
There is no update for this?
Actually, I was explained that you first add the Gateway and the Bluetooth temperature sensors into the phone. After 10-15m they will show up as child devices on the Gateway mesh feature. So you can try this, should work.

Actually, I was explained that you first add the Gateway and the Bluetooth temperature sensors into the phone. After 10-15m they will show up as child devices on the Gateway mesh feature. So you can try this, should work.
Thank you for your feedback @dapspt . Unfornutelly I already updated every device, I already did everything and I don't have success. Attached, the screenshots that show the Temperature Sensor connected to my account/phone and then, the Bluetooth catch-up screen where does not appear any BT device to connect as a child.

Does anyone with some news on this?
Screenshot_20211216_092721_com.xiaomi.smarthome.jpg
Screenshot_20211216_092727_com.xiaomi.smarthome.jpg

Screenshot_20211216_092735_com.xiaomi.smarthome.jpg

Thank you for your feedback @dapspt . Unfornutelly I already updated every device, I already did everything and I don't have success. Attached, the screenshots that show the Temperature Sensor connected to my account/phone and then, the Bluetooth catch-up screen where does not appear any BT device to connect as a child.

Does anyone with some news on this?
- Is the Gateway within BT range of the devices?
- Select the Gateway and go to Settings -> Additional settings -> Gateway bluetooth mesh: Ensure the mesh is enabled.

I have a gateway 3 and I'd like to use Bluetooth temp sensors and smart plugs to control the temp in small rooms.
Unfortunately very often even the conditions are met, the rules don't run.
e.g. I set a smart plug to turn on below 22C and turn off above 22C. I turned off the bluetooth on my mobile and checked the Mi Home app. The sensor updated a value over 22C, so the gateway must know the sensor value but the smart plug didn't switched off. Sometimes I see it working but not reliable at all.
I think it might be something about how the gateway is checking the conditions for a scene. If it miss the turning point of the sensor (let's say going from 21.9 to 22.0) it doesn't detect the condition if no transition happens. It should check the scenes on all sensor readings and also check the conditions when a scene schedule get's active.
Maybe I'm wrong, but some bugfixes are definitely needed on this. I'm running the latest firmware on all devices.:

hub: 1.5.0_0026
wifi smart plugs: 1.3.9_0004
Bluetooth temp sensors: 0130
Mi home app version 6.12.706
Hungary region
Hi
Same use case, same problem here.
Did you manage to find a solution?

It's very hard to debug as I can't find any pattern in the behaviour.

I have my automation set up as following:
Temp higher than 21 turn off
Temp lower than 20 turn on

Actions almost never got triggered.
I thought it's something about the rounding function as the thermometers precision is 1 decimal and the condition can be set only to integers.
My second guess is the querying frequency. I think if the condition is met between two queries, the action never gets triggered. Actually, this is the same guess as yours.

Today's scenario
12:00 history log: 21.2
12:36 action notification: temp below 20 degrees, turned on
13:00 history log 20.6
14:00 history log 21.5
15:00 history log 22.7
16:00 history log 23.6

Temp went up to 25 when I turned it off manually.

This issue still happens? I have two "temperature and humidity sensor 2" and i was considering getting a hub, but if it won't work ok, i rather get temperature and humidity sensors which connects to wifi directly, without hubs (chinese ones that work with tuya and alike).

Hi,

what about the refresh rate of this HUB? I mean, how often the HUB syncing the data with a humidity sensor? Is there a way to set this rate to minimum? Because it seems to refresh every 4-5 minutes, not few seconds. This is the normal working refresh rate for this?

Hi,

what about the refresh rate of this HUB? I mean, how often the HUB syncing the data with a humidity sensor? Is there a way to set this rate to minimum? Because it seems to refresh every 4-5 minutes, not few seconds. This is the normal working refresh rate for this?
If it would refresh each few seconds, it would deplete the battery really fast

Hi
Same use case, same problem here.
Did you manage to find a solution?

It's very hard to debug as I can't find any pattern in the behaviour.

I have my automation set up as following:
Temp higher than 21 turn off
Temp lower than 20 turn on

Actions almost never got triggered.
I thought it's something about the rounding function as the thermometers precision is 1 decimal and the condition can be set only to integers.
My second guess is the querying frequency. I think if the condition is met between two queries, the action never gets triggered. Actually, this is the same guess as yours.

Today's scenario
12:00 history log: 21.2
12:36 action notification: temp below 20 degrees, turned on
13:00 history log 20.6
14:00 history log 21.5
15:00 history log 22.7
16:00 history log 23.6

Temp went up to 25 when I turned it off manually.
Sorry for the late reply. I just stopped using the hub and bought a Pi and installed Home Assistant on it. There I could setup whatever logic I wanted so I did not wait any more for xiaomi fixing stuff. I did not change the sensor nor the smart plug firmware. So they are capable to work but the hub (more likely it's software) is a piece of .....

Check you app guys! I can finally see the temperature and humidity sensor through my Yeelight Ceiling Light BLE Gateway.
how? what is yeelight ceiling light ble gateway.... sorry i am new to all this . I own 2 Xiaomi Mi Bluetooth Temperature and Humidity Monitor v. 2 which is bluetooth as you know, and I was hoping that the Xiaomi Gateway 3 would work with it. please confirm this for me. Thanks

Hello I own 2 Xiaomi Mi Bluetooth Temperature and Humidity Monitor v. 2 which is bluetooth as you know, and I was hoping that the Xiaomi Gateway 3 would work with it. please confirm this for me. Thanks

I have everything set up via Xiaomi gateay, but when sensor reaches set temperature, it doesn't turn off the selected Xiaomi socket plug... Any idea why? Using default Xiaomi home app. Tnx!

Guys, I've been told that sync timeout between sensor > gateway is 10 mins. It means data is transmitted not onlin but each 10 mins. It explains a lot