Mi WIFI router 3 Firmware Upgrade & factory Reset Problem

Apr 7, 2020
Hi All,
I have a Mi wifi router 3 (R3) and I have some problems:
- I'm tring to upgrade the firmware witouth succes, also by manually way, the firmware process finish correctly but the fw remaing the same to the 2.10.35 stable version, there is different way to upgrade the firmware (in my case, automatic upgrade and manually by using the browser interface dosn't work)
- I need to perform a factory reset: i tried to use the reset button on the back of the router (by keep it pushed for 10 seconds ) and the button on the browser interface, but both way doesn't work.

thank yuo very much in advance for your support .

To be frank I have the same router and I did give up the stock firmware.
Go read little bit about padavan firmware.
Flash it and you will not regret it.

To be frank I have the same router and I did give up the stock firmware.
Go read little bit about padavan firmware.
Flash it and you will not regret it.

My problem is that I can't flash differe nte firmware to the router even the developer version that i s needed in order to complete the padavan firmware, all time I try to flash a new and official firmware to the router the procedure seem completing well but the firmware still remaning the same…

thank you in advance

Do you use MiWiFi app?
If so unlink the account you are using.
Second, in the manual about flashing, there was a point to flash the firmware using a flash drive and a file.
Use this method, not the UI via browser. Follow this:
  1. Save the firmware file as miwifi.bin
  2. Place miwifi.bin on a FAT32 formatted flash drive and insert it into the router's USB port
  3. Hold the reset button while plugging in the router
  4. Once the LED starts flashing orange, release the reset button
  5. http://bigota.miwifi.com/xiaoqiang/rom/r3/miwifi_r3_all_55ac7_2.11.20.bin is the firmware file.