Mi2 revived

Eram

Members
Feb 10, 2013
Hi,
After one to many drops, my Mi2 screen was severely damaged. It wasn't cracked but the bottom left corner developed sort of an air bubble and it became unresponsive, including the home and the menu keys. I ordered a new screen at fulcrumall. I opted for an assembled screen that includes the bezel because mine was damaged and also because it is a rather tricky business to separate the screen from the bezel.
Yesterday, after two weeks, it arrived and I performed the replacement. The procedure is quite simple, you just unscrew the body from the screen, disconnect two connectors that attach the screen to the board, install the new screen and that's it. The only thing to pay attention to, is the small rubber parts of the volume & power buttons and a few more. It took me a while to figure out where each one goes.
The new screen performs fine but not entirely like the original. I noticed some significant light bleeding from the edges but overall it looks fine.

Now, I am reunited with my beloved phone after two weeks of zte blade...

Cheers,
Eran

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

The strangest thing...
I am wearing polarized sunglasses and I have noticed that when the original screen is in landscape position it is almost impossible to view it when wearing the sunglasses.
Now, after replacing the screen this phenomenon is inverted... Now, it is only possible to view the screen IN landscape position....This is very annoying and it strengthens my feeling that what I got is not an original screen.
Everything is fine when not wearing the sunglasses though...

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk