New MI2 Updated to 3.8.28 and now I've got serious problems

eaz

Members
Aug 25, 2013
After several months without updating my MI2, I came back the other day to download ROM 3.8.28 and after installing it by DL and then transfer to my SD card + reboot, I have had nothing but problems afterwards.

First, no keyboard when I wanted to send text messages. (This is pretty basic stuff!!!)

So I rolled back to the last ROM before that. Then I could not access my Settings (this is also pretty basic stuff!!!!) I click on the Settings icon and the "expanding universe" works but I don't see the Settings page anymore. This is a seriously serious defect.

Now I have installed every ROM since 3.8.2, all with the same problems. What have you done to my phone!? It used to work perfectly!!

How do I fix this?!!

You should of just rebooted into the other system, the instant the current one didn't work. I have no clue what steps you took, but they are all wrong.

I flashed last week's ROM to test this on a broken keyboard ROM, and it booted up fine with no settings problem.

Reactions: Benson
^^I am posting here for help; how in the world can you be sure what I did was wrong if you also say that you have no clue what steps I took?

I would like a reasonable response, not a blanket dismissal based on your own success. Good for you! But I still have the problem.

And I have followed the MI2 ROM update guide posted on this site to the letter.

Haha, you installed a version that doesn't even exist. Not very surprising it doesn't work. :)

"HaHa"? A Smiley?

Well, this forum is really helpful. What a bunch of arrogant fanboy jerks, frankly. Thanks for absolutely nothing but attitude.

Get real you losers, it's just a phone! And all I want it to do is work properly. Sorry, I didn't realize this place was reserved for desperately ego-challenged nerdlings.

I'm outta here.

Man, if you came back from the future, you can't just just start throwing trash on everyone. If the admins didn't meet your version yet, and they will tomorow, give them the time - not everybody has the timemachine.

Sent from my MI 2

Hey Eaz

Did you actually try the basic wipe cache and dalvic in recovery first to clear stuff and did you just reflash over each old rom or did you do a full wipe.

Maybe instead of throwing insults to everyone just use the common sence and search for answers then ask for help... We all are here to help each other not insult each other.

Give us an explanation of what you did when you upgraed and the process to did each step so we can help see where the problem arose ok.

I suggest an appology to those you have vented your ego to and then lets clear the slate and start again shall we......

"HaHa"? A Smiley?

Well, this forum is really helpful. What a bunch of arrogant fanboy jerks, frankly. Thanks for absolutely nothing but attitude.

Get real you losers, it's just a phone! And all I want it to do is work properly. Sorry, I didn't realize this place was reserved for desperately ego-challenged nerdlings.

I'm outta here.

You're mentioning a version that doesn't even exist. You don't explain step by step how you got your phone updated. What do you expect? If you don't know what you're doing, just don't do it.

Just download again 3.8.23 and install... Keyboard issue is fixed now...

Enjoy...

~Tapatalk 4~

Just install your best version and uninstall settings.apk, reboot cwm and re-flash same version once again. Your problem might be gone.