Mi2 usb driver installation

David Yu

Members
Jan 29, 2013
Hi, I have been trying to install the usb driver for my Mi2. I have downloaded the xiaomi_usb_driver.rar file and I have tried to install it by going to devices and right clicking Mi2. Then I would browse my folders and select the extracted xiaomi_usb_driver.rar folder. Whenever I do this, it would immediately say, "
Windows was unable to install your MI 2
Windows could not find driver software for your device.
If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website and check the support section for the driver software."
On my Mi2, I have turned on android development and debugging.
I am trying to use eclipse for android development. I have installed java and android sdk and all that stuff and even got the emulator to work.
Someone please help me, I need to figure this out so I can complete my class assignment.

can anyone help me with this? ):

You have Dell? I have similar problem with work Dell DT. It works well with every other PC. Plus that Dell doesnt recognise my friend's samsung duos too. So in my case, It is something to do with Dell. I read somewhere on internet that other people also having trouble connecting their phone to Dell.

you can try pda+netconnect. it is universal for almost all Android phones.
just search in google.

Hi ingbrzy,
I have win10 and when I'm looking for a usb driver for xiaomi mi2.
This is my sad story: https://superuser.com/questions/1214356/remove-driver-installed-by-mistake
Now I can't connect my mi2 to my laptop :(
My only hope is to install (somehow) the right driver fot it.
Please help me.
Thanks

Try this one: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0MKgCbUM0itNVB1elljU2NPR0k/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0MKgCbUM0itNVB1elljU2NPR0k/view
If you still have issues then:

Connect phone and choose transfer files USB mode on the phone > open device manager on PC > find the MTP with ! mark and right click on it > update software device > browse on my computer for driver software > let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > choose Android Device > choose "MTP USB Device" > done

Good luck!

Try this one: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0MKgCbUM0itNVB1elljU2NPR0k/view
If you still have issues then:

Connect phone and choose transfer files USB mode on the phone > open device manager on PC > find the MTP with ! mark and right click on it > update software device > browse on my computer for driver software > let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > choose Android Device > choose "MTP USB Device" > done

Good luck!

I installed the adb-setup.
I connected the phone - on default it starts as Media device (MTP) but it still freaking out as like connected-disconnected-connected-disconnected many times.
I went back to device manager and searched for the MTP with ! mark on it but I couldn't find any. The only thing is this:

upload_2017-6-2_1-54-33.png

Nevertheless I did as you told with this MTP (update software device > browse on my computer for driver software > let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > choose Android Device > choose "MTP USB Device" > done) and then I got this cutie:

upload_2017-6-2_1-56-40.png

But still freaking out.
Then I tried to switch mode to Camera (PTP) and after several seconds the phone relaxed and it is charging now peacefully.

I tried to uninstall the MTP device (under other devices) but when I connect the phone again it pops once again as if the phone install it.

Each time I'm trying to connect the phone and it goes crazy I am worried about the battery, but I am really hopeless now.

It all start after I selected the MI2 device with the ! on it and choose Xaiomi Accessories (find the Mi2 with ! mark on it > update software device > browse on my computer for driver software > let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > Show all devices > Uncheck show compatible hardware > choose Xiaomi manufacturer > choose "Xiaomi Accessories" > done).

Hope you will find yet another magic trick to save me.
Thanks mate!
I'm really appreciate it.

Well I think I found some hack here.
I went to developer options and I turned on USB debugging.
Then I connected the phone again and it worked!
Now windows recognise it as an MTP device. On device manager it looks like this:

upload_2017-6-2_3-28-20.png

Just like before I did the stupid move to update it to xiaomi accessories.

So weird.
Does it hint something to you? When I disabled the USB debugging it started to freak out once again.