[Mi2s] bad in-call mic quality, no problem when on loudspeaker

Rataplan626

Members
Jan 30, 2014
Well, the subject says it al. My Mi2s has bad sound quality when calling, people can hear me pretty bad and their voice is echoed back to them. My Call noise suppression is set to single mic, on dual-mic it gets even worse with even more echo. When I switch to handsfree / loudspeaker though everything is crisp clear, meaning my mic is not the issue. My radio is M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.128017. I tried covering the back mic as I read that in a Mi2 thread, but that didn't help either. I am running the latest (as of yet) (4.3.14) multilanguage rom.

Anyone familiar?

Hey,
I have that same problem, I'l tried diffirent baseband version and nothing changes.
Mi2s is great phone but why all ppl have problem with call voice quality? it is harwdare problem or software?
any issue?

Pawel

I dont have any problems with sound quality.

I have the some radio, only rom is 4.4.25
Maybe is hardwer problem?

Ok I made the test. I just installed cm 11 with kitkat 4.4 and still have problem so it isn't the software problem?

People on other site when we call hear also my fingers scratching on the cover or when I try to change vol (buttons sound). It looks like the microphone has too high sensitive with recording .
Can anyone make a test and try use recorder and make some finger moves on the cover and check for any sounds recording.

Pawel

Wysłane z mojego MI 2S przy użyciu Tapatalka

the bad sound was due to the holes in the back cover that does not fit perfectly with the holes in the microphone. I realized here I've tried to talk without the back cover and the sound appeared excellent. I finally slightly enlarged the holes of the two microphones solving the problem. the first microphone is the holes next the camera and the second is to place next to the slot will recharge.

the bad sound was due to the holes in the back cover that does not fit perfectly with the holes in the microphone. I realized here I've tried to talk without the back cover and the sound appeared excellent. I finally slightly enlarged the holes of the two microphones solving the problem. the first microphone is the holes next the camera and the second is to place next to the slot will recharge.
can you provide some photo please?

in wich way you enlareged holes?? with a drill? thanks

I have the same problem. Can anyone post a photo and tell me how to fix this? Thank you guys!