Mi2S - extending size of storage partition

Can you pls post the screen shots for each steps if possible...
i am confused that am i missing some steps here ?
when you have time, can you pls do this help for me ?

I just wanted to thank you for this guide as i have been able to repartition my 32gb now with 8gb for the userdata size for apps - certainly better for me and the number of apps i install.

The guide was very simple to follow and has made my mi2s usuable once again.

Many Thanks
Craig

Hi Bro, i need help now... i managed to get my device detected in ADB.... what next ?
what is the next command i should enter ?
n4ce.jpg

Hello
I finally ordered a Mi2S 16GB and waiting to arrive :)
I saw this topic and I want to extend the SD storage on my Mi2S, I have two questions:
1. Is it necessary to install CMW in order for ths mod to work? Is it possible to work with the preinstalled Mi-recovery?
2. If it is necessary, is it possible after applying this mod to get rid of CMW and go back to Mi-recovery?

Thanks in advance!

Hello
I finally ordered a Mi2S 16GB and waiting to arrive :)
I saw this topic and I want to extend the SD storage on my Mi2S, I have two questions:
1. Is it necessary to install CMW in order for ths mod to work? Is it possible to work with the preinstalled Mi-recovery?
2. If it is necessary, is it possible after applying this mod to get rid of CMW and go back to Mi-recovery?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, answers are:

yes, cwm must be installed (it's no big deal and it's better than mi-recovery)

and

yes, you can flash back original xiaomi rom without cwm

Reactions: Danielk
just want to explain the first step a little bit better

1 - go to here download and install the driver
2 - reboot to recovery while Phone is connected to PC
3 - open cmd & type : adb devices
4 - your device should be listed now ( if not maybe a pc reboot might help)
5 - now type: adb shell
6 - after prompt type: mount
7 - follow stillka from the line " - in adb type: "

Reactions: Neocrinus
hey manohar, I just saw that you decrease also the system1 (which I assume is system 2 in recovery) and cache partitions!
Do you have any problems working the phone?
Having now only one system partition, I also guess that you cannot anymore update via OTA or updater app but only via recovery, correct?

correct. but i dont have any problem.... my Mokee's ROM is running perfectly....
you can't update via OTA.... but why do you want to update via OTA ? i have my CWM recovery & i backup things to dropbox cloud storage & google account at regular intervals . so no problem for me .
I have my system 2 partition size of just 3 mb & cache size of 256mb only... As of now no problem.

Reactions: Danielk
ok, I've done the mod and everything is ok! :)
I also decreased the system1 partition down to 2,59MB (872~875MB). This is the minimum partition size in order to convert it to ext4.
I also resized the userdata partition down to 1,8GB
Now I have almost 12,5GB on user storage :D
Thanks all guys!

Reactions: xeGox
Thank you for your tips.

I have a problem, when I type rm 26, I have an error :
Code:
(parted) rm 26
rm 26
rm 26
Error: Partition /dev/block/mmcblk0p26 is being used. You must unmount it before

you modify it with Parted.

In addition, I have this line when I type mount :

Code:
/dev/userdata_moved on /data_root type ext4 (rw,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,data=or
dered)

When TDB is enabled the userdata partition is always in use.
I currently don't know if you can unmount it when tdb is disabled (I hope so).

Finally, I type "umount /data_root" before to start parted and it works ! I can remove user data partition.

Ahahaha, I feel so stupid, succesfully did this thing, then when I was ready to restore my backup again...... It wasn't there :(
And because I made a new backup I deleted my old ones... :p

Thanks for the guide anyway! :)

@stillka
Could you add this in OP?
just want to explain the first step a little bit better

1 - go to here download and install the driver
2 - reboot to recovery while Phone is connected to PC
3 - open cmd & type : adb devices
4 - your device should be listed now ( if not maybe a pc reboot might help)
5 - now type: adb shell
6 - after prompt type: mount
7 - follow stillka from the line " - in adb type: "
When TDB is enabled the userdata partition is always in use.
I currently don't know if you can unmount it when tdb is disabled (I hope so).

It is usefull :)

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I successfully repartitioned my 2s, but I have a question regarding the "persist" partition?

I was a bit too fast an removed this partition too, but of course recreated it. Problem is, now its a bit bigger than before. I guess its due to the "unit MB".

So far the phone behaves normal, except the first shot of a picture, for a moment the picture was jumping, since then its normal. Everything else seems to be fine so far.

So my question is, is it ok that the persist partition is bit bigger now? What is stored on it? and most important, the "bk3" partition before "persist", is it touched? I started at 327MB, like the original "persist" partition.

Thanks n greets

Does anyone have the other way more easy than it ? Ex... the zip file to flash with CWM :oops:

Does anyone have the other way more easy than it ? Ex... the zip file to flash with CWM :oops:
I tried this but it's not easily possible for different reasons.
However if you use the CM gapps you may not need to resize the partition.(I didn't try it but they are 80MB only)

Reactions: cvncbn92
read carefully and you can easy understand the logic of this method
Just make sure you download the necessary files and make a full backup of your device

it's an easy process, you can even copy/paste the commands in command prompt from the first post :)

Done after 2 days of focus reading hhhh ... your tutorial is master ... I really like it.

Here is my customization as what I prefer:
Screenshot_2014-02-25-20-35-35.png

Big thank you

Reactions: stillka