New [mi2s] Gps Quitting When Screen Off (miui 6.3.24)

woutur

Members
Nov 8, 2013
GPS is quitting its function when screen is off. This is mostly noticable when using a sportsapp like Endomondo (or Runkeeper or other apps that use GPS). When GPS signal is found, the app registers the location just fine. But after about 3.5 ~ 4 minutes (screen off) the device stops recording location. This happens 100 percent of the times. When the screen is turned on again, the GPS signal is quickly found again and the device will start recording location again. Most likely this has something to do with switching to a low powerstate when the screen is off. Earlier versions (I think < 6 ) did not have this problem. All 6.x.x versions do have it.

GPS is quitting its function when screen is off. This is mostly noticable when using a sportsapp like Endomondo (or Runkeeper or other apps that use GPS). When GPS signal is found, the app registers the location just fine. But after about 3.5 ~ 4 minutes (screen off) the device stops recording location. This happens 100 percent of the times. When the screen is turned on again, the GPS signal is quickly found again and the device will start recording location again. Most likely this has something to do with switching to a low powerstate when the screen is off. Earlier versions (I think < 6 ) did not have this problem. All 6.x.x versions do have it.
screenshot_2016-04-13-16-35-29_com-endomondo-android-png.11979

IvanV said:
If you want your app to not lose GPS signal while screen is off, go to

Settings\Additional Settings\Battery & performance\Manage apps' battery use\Choose apps\<Your app, e.g. Runtastic>

and pick Allowed in the Background Location section.
IM VERY HAPPY:D
For the first time in a very long and hard period of time, my GPS loggin started to work again, both in Endomomdo and Google FIT, thanks to IvanV The Great, even the MI band 1S is working on bluetooth...and only one drop out on the bluetooth headset...
Seems that Xiaomi nerfed the settings a little to hard, to give better battery performance...but on behalf of the smartphone function, like bluetooth and GPS connections...

How ever 2 hours of GPS logging and bluetooth headset use, 32% of battery drained..but it's a choice between working-out-smart and charge phone more...or not..I prefer smart...

Reactions: woutur and ProjetKO
OK! I am going to try this. Keeping my fingers crossed. If it works, I'd be a very happy camper!

It worked! Battery life really really sucks but at least all my sports trackers work again :)

Thanks!