Mi3 full of problems

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi 3' started by KaiserSose, Apr 4, 2014.

1. KaiserSose

KaiserSoseMembers

Apr 4, 2014
    Male
    Hello guys,
    I'm new in this forum. I received yesterday my first Xiaomi, a new Mi3 from an AliExpress reseller.
    This device (WCDMA version) is full of problems. I can't use the updater app for nothing because it auto-close when I select any file (http://goo.gl/EGNIhv). I can't go inside the audio menu because it will close automatically (http://goo.gl/FxCdsz). Some applications like gmail at first time they close (http://goo.gl/trVFUq) and second time they open and work. Sometimes when I use an application it goes to background and I come back to home screen

Model Mi3W
    Android 4.3 JLS36C
    Miui JXDCNBA8.0
    Baseband 8X25Q-QDSKOLYM-3070
    Kernel 3.40-ga568004-00608-g2477892

The worst is that I can't find a way to update it. Tried two times with JXDCNBA9.0 using recovery but it fails (http://goo.gl/XR6O7L) - can't use updater. Tried also with miflash without success.

Please someone help me, I asked complete refund to seller but he first said he wants give me 50usd to repair, then 150usd and now 200usd -- but from phone and custom I paid 470 usd!

Thanks in advance for any help

2. new2city

new2cityMembers

Apr 4, 2014
    What do you mean when you try updating with miflash without success?
    have you tried factory reset in settings? Settings -> Backup & Restore -> Factory reset

3. cpasmoi

cpasmoiStaff

Sep 22, 2013
    Male
    France
    #3cpasmoi,Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014

4. ingbrzy

ingbrzyXiaomi.eu Multilang leader
    Staff Member

#4ingbrzy,Apr 4, 2014
    Aliexpress? Then it's possibly fake...
    Check it with CPU-Z

~Tapatalk~

5. Acid

AcidScripting Ninja
    Staff Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Male
    It's fake. You have different baseband than any other real MI3W.

Wysłane z MI3

6. KaiserSose

KaiserSoseMembers

Apr 4, 2014
    Male
    Thanks for the replies. Factory Reset/Wipe is the first thing tried. CPU-Z won't open in any way: after dowloading when I click on the icon the application close automatically. I think too it is a fake: the seller is dishonest: already a person that start offering 50 usd refund and reach 200 usd for repair.

For all of you AVOID ChengZe Digital --> http://www.aliexpress.com/store/110084

I've tried another application: cpu information

abi: armeabi-v7a
    Processor: ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v71)
    Processor: 0
    BogoMips: 601.97
    Processor: 1
    BogoMips: 298.59
    Processor: 2
    Processor: 3

Features: swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp thumbee neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt
    CPU implementer: 0x41
    CPU architecture: 7
    CPU variant: 0x0
    CPU part:0xc05
    CPU revision: 1

Hardware: Qualcomm MSM9874 (Flattened Device Tree)
    Revision: 0000
    Serial: 0000000000000000

Thanks for any help

7. KaiserSose

KaiserSoseMembers

Apr 4, 2014
    Male
    #7KaiserSose,Apr 4, 2014
    ... another app say:

declared cpu-speed: 2280MHz (not applicable on this device)
    CPU Type: Qualcomm MSM8974 8225Q/8625Q 1209GHz

Antutu result is 36000 ...

8. ingbrzy

Staff Member

you mean preinstalled antutu..? its hacked to show those parameters.. you got fake... choose trusted source like *******.com for next...

9. KaiserSose

KaiserSoseMembers

Apr 4, 2014
    Male
    No, I mean antutu downloaded from play store

10. ingbrzy

Staff Member

don't trust antutu.. use specialized HW info apps.. like CPU-Z or HW info...

11. tweetypeety

Apr 7, 2011
    I also bet it is a Fake, was it cheap at ALIEXPRESS.

A friend of mine got also a MI3 fake but such a good one. He posted the pics and the stats to Xiaomi and even they had problems to figure it out. But if you can't make an update this is always a relatively good sign that it is a fake.

12. KaiserSose

KaiserSoseMembers

Apr 4, 2014
    Male
    It was not that cheap. 379 usd (+26 shipment) discounted from 399 from a professional diamond seller with more than 4500 feedbacks ad 97% positive feedback (I've been reading negatives due to slow shipments)

Uninstalled CPU-Z and manually put APK of CPU-Z (http://androidappsapkv.blogspot.it/2013/08/cpu-z-104-apk-download-for-android.html) -- it works and says

ARM Cortex-A5 2.28GHz
    Model Mi 3W (cancro)
    Manufacturer Xiaomi
    Board: MSM8974
    Display JLS36C (1920*1080)

HWInfo (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.securelinksoftware.hwinfo) says:

Board MSM8974
    Bootloader Unknown
    Device pisces
    Product Cancro

WTF IS HAPPENING WITH THIS PHONE?

Meanwhile I understood why I can't upgrade via MiFlash -- when I run "fastboot getvar product" the environment variable says "MSM7627A" while the script tries to match the string MSM8974.

So or it's a fake made with original parts ...

How would you proceed to try to update?

13. ingbrzy

Staff Member

doesn't matters about sellers or price.. feedback is fake also... you have FAKE Mi3 and there is nothing what you can do.. we don't recommend Aliexpress as it is full of fakes...

14. KaiserSose

KaiserSoseMembers

Apr 4, 2014
    Male
    Sorry Ingbrzy but how can you say that?
    Ok, I am not sure that is original but how can you say it's a fake?
    Hardware seems to be the same, CPU-Z and HWInfo says chip is the same. Antutu scores exactly what my cpu should ...
    I repeat I don't say it's original I wonder how you're so sure it's a fake and not an original with problems

15. ingbrzy

Staff Member

question is, why MiFlash cant install fastboot version...

16. KaiserSose

KaiserSoseMembers

Apr 4, 2014
    Male
    I will try but I don't think it will work until I remove the script line from flash_all_*.bat :

fastboot %* getvar product 2>&1 | findstr /r /c:"^product: *MSM8974" || exit /B 1

cause my getvar say MSM7627A

However signals are not positive: camera say "please insert sd card" ... what I think is that a fake should at least you doubt about "is it an original or not". But here nothing works.

One question: how's the fastboot logo of mi3? Like this? http://xiaomi.in.ua/sites/default/files/fastboot_0.jpg
    Mine doesn't look like this: it has a jelly bean android with fastboot write in black

Thanks for your time

17. ingbrzy

Staff Member

Yea logo on that pic is right.. Take photo of yours..

~Tapatalk~

18. ingbrzy

Staff Member

Yea its fake...

~Tapatalk~

19. KaiserSose

KaiserSoseMembers

Apr 4, 2014
    Male
    Very good ... thanks for the informations and for helping.
    I am destroyed right now

20. deini

deiniMembers

May 11, 2013
    Open a dispute on aliexpress. I know some people get their money back after buying fake RedRice.

21. Ragnas

RagnasMembers

Apr 29, 2014
    Male
    Hello Kaiser,
    Yesterday I received a fake Chiaomi Mi3, from the same seller at Aliexpress (ChengZe Digital). Having encountered the same problems, I made a search on this forum and found your post. The seller is offering me USD240 if I keep the phone and support him with 5 stars because "if you buy the mobile phone of a configuration the same as this phone,the price is higher this price (sic)".
    I have asked him an advanced full refund of what I spent (Euro 286), plus the shipping cost if he wishes I resend the brick back to him.
    As a curiosity, do you think its is worth to accept his offer? (I ask you this in case you have been able to make the most of yours)

22. KaiserSose

KaiserSoseMembers

Apr 4, 2014
    Male
    Hello Ragnas, I've just finished my odyssey with ChengZe. I did not accept all of its offers: he started offering 50 USD (to repair) and refused till 220 usd. In the end I've send him the phone back, I got a full refund (money came back today) and he will also pay me the shipment (18 euro). I've lost about 30 euro due to custom ... as soon as I'll see the refund of the 18 euro I will leave a 1 star feedback. What will you do with a phone that you can't update, in which applications shut down automatically every few minutes, that need to be started 10 times before starting ... he knows he is selling fake phones but he keeps doing it using the 5 stars blackmail.

Let me know what you'll do.

Cheers

gabril and Daddiemus like this.
  23. Avrora

AvroraMembers

May 7, 2014
    Female

Share Our Site