Mi3 Problem Charging (Percentage up and down)

José Pinto

Members
Mar 27, 2014
Hi
I bought my Mi3 1 week ago and i already have one major problem.
I was making a backup, using the program "Backup" inside MIUI, while i started charging the phone (It was showing 1 or 2% of battery).
Suddenly, in the middle of the backup, the screen shut off.

It was blinking red constantly while connected to the charger, but it wouldn't turn on.

After waiting a bit, i was able to turn it on.

Now i have a problem where i'm charging and the percentage goes like 10% up, and then 5% down. It started doing this in the 1%-3% and now it's in the 20-25% battery doing the same thing.

Is the battery gone? Will i be able to charge it to 100% ever and fix the problem?

I tired with multiple chargers, though now it's charging with the original one, including the micro usb cable.

What i've come to notice is that sometimes the yellow charging light (LED) disappears and only comes up again if i force a bit the usb cable in the micro usb entrance of the phone.

So if it's indeed the usb port of the Mi3, how can that have happened if the phone was standing still and never fell or made any sudden movement with it?

Still, im not even close to being sure that it is indeed the port connection.

EDIT:

It's definitely not the port since i just grabbed the phone and shaked it around with the cable plugged in and the yellow light never went off.

When the yellow light goes away, the phone is standing still charging, which means it was the phone (battery) that stopped charging on it's own.

But it does the same while it's shut off, which means a Wipe All Data + Install new rom won't help, right?

Today, it was at 20% and it started showing that it was charging, even though i did not have any cable connected to it.

So i can only come up with 3 possibilities:

1- When i was doing a backup (The one inside MIUI), when the screen shut off it somehow messed with some inner core files related to battery and now it's all crazy.

2- Somehow, when i was doing the backup and it shut off, it completely depleted the lithium battery and now it's completely crazy.

3- The connection from the micro usb port to the battery (charging system) has a problem, which happened when i was doing the backup and the screen shut off.

I'm charging right now and whenever it feels like it, the yellow light shuts off and stops charging, and then i have to feedle a bit with the phone, like turning on the screen, reconnecting the cable a couple of times and so on until it comes back.

And even sometimes it has a yellow light on and it's still uncharging.

Which scenario looks more probable?

My next step is to do a whole format and install original FastBoot Room, which means it's going to install the whole system from the root.