Mi3 Virgin

Walter Anthony

Members
Apr 7, 2014
I was interested in purchasing one due to it's very pleasing spec's and it appears that I will be able to use in 3g here in the states.

What I wanted to ask from the forum is: thought's and opinions on the phone? how much work will I have to do to be able to have full use of it in the U.S.(rooting etc.) and I plan on either using a AT&T sim or a pay as you go one will this be acceptable?

Also how does it feel in the hand?, some vid's it appears huge and others it looks manageable.

I'd appreciate any feedback that you can provide, and I'll comb over this forum for further info.

Thanks,

The effort to make it us-proof is close to none.

Just download the xiaomi.eu multi language ROM from this website onto your phone, then go into the built in updater app, press the menu button and pick the update package.

That's it, your phone is now rooted, the language is properly translated and you have the Google play store.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk

I use my Mi3 on T-Mobile without issue. It's a little big compared to my Nexus 5 even though they pretty much have the same size screens. The Nexus 5 does feel better in the hand. The Mi3 has a large bezel on the top of the phone, I wish it was smaller.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Just a quick update, I think I'm going to go with the Mi2S for my first Chinese smartphone. I believe the size will fit me better and I'm still going to get a great phone with excellent features. Maybe I'll get the 3 on down the road..

Thanks for all the quick responses to my original post.

Mi2s good choice, I've no need to go up to the mi3 from mine. Lots of covers and cases available too (aliexpress)