New Mi3w not a bug / suggestion

kamelot

Members
Jan 17, 2013
I have noticed a very irritating (at least to me) change in v6 on my Mi3w

When I'm having a conversation, there's a list of icons shown on the screen. They are shown by default once you dial a number and somebody picks up on the remote side. These are for holding a conversation, recording, speakerphone.

The irritating problem is that sometimes some of these icons are randomly activated by my cheek as I talk and sometimes this makes me feel really awkward.

For example, the most frequently pressed icon in my case is the upper row, right icon - "Speakerphone" It happens very often, accidentally, and when I'm in a meeting or in a quiet enviroment, suddenly everyone can hear what my party is speaking. It's very unpleasant.

It is possible that these two rows of otherwise usefull icons are not dispayed by default with every converastion, but minimised instead. It will solve situations like mine.

Thank you for your good work!

Screenshot_2014_11_04_13_33_06.png

I don't know how to calibrate it. Normally the screen turns off whet its near something, but sometimes I can see it's on while I talk. The same problem didn't happen back on version 5.

[quote uid=114385 name="Jiří Němec" post=226608]Where is proximity sensor calibration? I didn't find anything in cwm and in dialer *#*#6484#*#* or *#*#64663#*#* didn't do anything. I have CM11 M10.[/quote] <br />It is working with MIUI only from dialer. <br /><br />Sent from my Mi2S / MIUI6<br/>

Try this maybe..

Did that.

I'm not sure though the problem is in the proximity sensor calibration. There is no issue with turnong off the screen when I take it.
It looks to me the problem is that these icons are shown by default and I need to hide them by clicking the arrow, so that it wouldn't happen.
It's not really a big thing, just annoying. I thought other people have encountered it as well.