Mi4 Battery Draining

mdki1996

Members
May 12, 2016
Hi guys, I bought a new Mi4 2 weeks ago. It arrived with a fake rom, I installed Xiaomi.eu 7.1.3.0 KK. First days I suffered of huge battery drain without sim inserted, but now, with sim, the main problem is the battery drain after enabling airplane mode. Once the battery start to fall the only way to stop is to restart the phone! It is unbelievable how my 4 years old Galaxy Nexus (with original battery!) is performing better! There is a bug report on official Miui forum, where you can find some tests and testimonials and also confirm this bug if you are suffering: http://en.miui.com/thread-183026-1-1.html.
Reading the discussion on Miui forum it seems that with other roms like Cyanogen and Aosp there is no such battery draining. Have you ever faced this problem? I am doing same tests to understand how to reproduce exactly this drain. MAYBE it come out not the first time you enable airplane, but the second one.

Have same phone but never tried 7.1.3.0. In your situation it is probably better to move away from that particular release.
Would suggest to flash 7.1.5.0 and from there move to MM roms

Reactions: mdki1996
Have same phone but never tried 7.1.3.0. In your situation it is probably better to move away from that particular release.
Would suggest to flash 7.1.5.0 and from there move to MM roms
Which rom are you using at the moment? Do you have any issue in airplane mode?

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus utilizzando Tapatalk

Which rom are you using at the moment? Do you have any issue in airplane mode?

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus utilizzando Tapatalk
Using weekly 6.5.19, moved away from stables some time ago
Haven't had airplane mode problems on any rom but rarely used it

Reactions: mdki1996
Hi guys, I bought a new Mi4 2 weeks ago. It arrived with a fake rom, I installed Xiaomi.eu 7.1.3.0 KK. First days I suffered of huge battery drain without sim inserted, but now, with sim, the main problem is the battery drain after enabling airplane mode. Once the battery start to fall the only way to stop is to restart the phone! It is unbelievable how my 4 years old Galaxy Nexus (with original battery!) is performing better! There is a bug report on official Miui forum, where you can find some tests and testimonials and also confirm this bug if you are suffering: http://en.miui.com/thread-183026-1-1.html.
Reading the discussion on Miui forum it seems that with other roms like Cyanogen and Aosp there is no such battery draining. Have you ever faced this problem? I am doing same tests to understand how to reproduce exactly this drain. MAYBE it come out not the first time you enable airplane, but the second one.

Have you tried with another Rom version? Have you done a full wipe before to install the rom?

Have you tried with another Rom version? Have you done a full wipe before to install the rom?
Yes I did a full wipe with twrp. Now I installed 7.3.2.0 chinese version with mi flash, twrp and than 7.3.2.0 xiaomi.eu with a full wipe. Now IT SEEMS that there is no more problem in airplane mode... I don´t know if it was the 7.1.3.0 bugged or maybe only a fastboot flash solved this :/