Mi4c Android 5.1 To Android 7.0

In the unlock procedure, is it mandatory to start with China ROM developer ? Can't I use my Stable ROM eu 8.1.3?

In the unlock procedure, is it mandatory to start with China ROM developer ? Can't I use my Stable ROM eu 8.1.3?
No you have to follow exactly xiaomi .EU procedure in download page. Sei italiano sembra, occorre la delibera china per lo sblocco. La 7.2.9 va bene, unico bug le note vocali WhatsApp

Inviato dal mio Mi-4c utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll wait for right procedure in download page. At the moment, we have instructions for upgrade from Android 6.to 7, I start from Lollipop 5.1.1. However, leaving Stable ROM 8.1.3 to move to ROM China Developer, to end to new future Stable ROM 8.2.x when available in Android 7 environment...it seems too complicated for me. And don't forget unlock code from China, will it work? Yes, sono italiano, finora flashare le ROM stabili è stato facile, adesso passare da 5 a 7 mi sembra complicato e pericoloso.

Download twrp libra 7.0 https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767135741

link for downloading the Fastboot adb:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0MKgCbUM0itVVFWRC02Q0VBQnc/view

Steps:
.:
Flash Nougat rom and enter at en.miui.com/unlock to apply for Unlocking.
First you have to receive the sms with unlock code.
Then, in your computer, enter at en.miui.com/unlock and download Mi Unlock Tool.
Conect the phone to computer via fastboot mode and run the unlock tool.
For installing twrp, you have to download in your pc the twrp and the fastboot adb.
Conect the phone via fastboot, open CMD.exe, type "cd\", "cd adb" and check if it’s unlocked with this commands: “fastboot oem device-info”
If it’s unlocked, then you can flash twrp writing in command line: "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img"
Then you write "fastboot boot twrp.img" for reboot the phone.
If everything is ok, the phone will reboot in twrp.

Last edited:
Android 7 unlocked via official way by Xiaomi.. asked for permission last friday, now tuesday i got in the night the sms with verification appoved, and just now used miflashunlock to unlock it with succes.

Reactions: iamme729
alsow now by commands fastboot oem device-info , and flashing twrp 3.0.3-0 and fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
and finally fastboot boot twrp.img , im again with twrp installed up and running

Android 7 unlocked via official way by Xiaomi.. asked for permission last friday, now tuesday i got in the night the sms with verification appoved, and just now used miflashunlock to unlock it with succes.
Hi
how long does it normally take until the server information at XIAOMI is synchronized,
I received SMS that unlock on my account is approved, but I am still stuck at 50% error.

I have also another account, which worked in the past, but there XIAOMI removed my authorization (authorization rejected). I also sent a new tread in BL unlok section. Since a week also nothing happen.

If this continues, I will try EDL or PC suite. But in both cases, I cannot install again Android 7. Then I am stuck again. I have no complaints. No battery drain.

Also wonderung what happens with the next updates of Android 7. Required to unlock with every update again BL? This is impossible, if the process works like that, and nothing is working.

I'll be honest with you guys! I could not careless about xiaomi s**t unlock policy! I just do it myself by downgrading my phone to 6.1.7 using edl emergency mode so i cant instant unlock without the need to do anything related to xiaomi. f**k xiaomi and their unlock Bullshit!

you wont believe but it's originally Google policy to lock bootloaders to secure regular users
p.s. sorry for being late

Mi-4c / 3 Gb / 32 Gb (2016)
was MIUI 8, Android 5.1, TWRP 2.7.8, MiuiPRO 7.1.12

1. get official XIAOMI unlock good to go... (got the permit after only 2 days)
2. change TWRP 3.0.2 (miui 7.5.4 mast be upped to /root of the phone before TWRP upgrade)
3. boot in recovery (new TWRP)
4. install new ROM for Nugat 7.5.4 (wipe caсhe, dalvik caсhe)
5. reboot to system
6. login MiAccount
7. with unlock tool proceed the unlock procedure (15 sec) ... AND voila UNDLOCKED

mi4c.png

I also have the 6.9.29 installed and I would like to update to Nougat on my Mi4c but I prefer to use the stable version.
My questions are:
- can I update from 6.9.29 or do I really need to downgrade to 6.9.22 first?
- can I update directly from weekly (6.9.29 or 6.9.22) to stable 8.2.3.0 without any data wipe?

BTW, does someone have some feedback of comparing the stable 8.2.3.0 to weekly 7.5.4. in Mi4c? The most important thing for me is the battery (of course, assuming none of them has critical bugs).

Thanks in advance.

Enviado do meu Mi-4c através de Tapatalk

You need to be on 6.12.22 to upgrade to Android N...as far as Android N...stay with 6.12.22...until further development of N...at this point there are many bugs and very few advantages...but if you must... install 6.12.22....upgrade to N via updater app...after unlock bootloader again...install TWRP 7 for Android N...

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk
I made confusion, I thought it was 6.9.22.
But can I go from 6.12.22 which is a weekly release to 8.2.3.0 which is a stable, without wiping date?
And when you say we need to be on 6.12.22 to update to N..., I suppose the stable 8.1.3.0 is not equivalent (which was released together with weekly 6.12.22), right?

So you say there are very few advantages that don't worth the bugs it still has at the moment.
Do you have an idea of how is the battery in 8.2.3.0 or 7.5.4 comparing to 6.12.22? and what bugs are there that you consider as a reason to not update yet?

thanks for the feedback

Enviado do meu Mi-4c através de Tapatalk

Last edited:
You can go to Android N without losing data...either weekly or stable...there are random bugs in the N builds and at this time N does not have all the features of Nougat....In my opinion 6.12.22 has the best battery life of any builds to date for Mi4c.... hope that helps...

how to go to N without loosing data?
usually I downloaded new weekly, copied it into flash, reloaded to TWRP and installed it. is it a suitable method to install N and not loose apps and data?

Download twrp libra 7.0 https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767135741

Link for downloading the Fastboot adb:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0MKgCbUM0itVVFWRC02Q0VBQnc/view

Steps:

Flash Nougat rom and enter at en.miui.com/unlock to apply for Unlocking.

>First you have to receive the sms with unlock code.

Then, in your computer, enter at en.miui.com/unlock and download Mi Unlock Tool.

Connect the phone to computer via fastboot mode and run the unlock tool.

For installing twrp, you have to download in your pc the twrp and the fastboot adb.

Connect the phone via fastboot, open CMD.exe, type "cd\", "cd adb" and check if it’s unlocked with this commands: “fastboot oem device-info”

If it’s unlocked, then you can flash twrp writing in command line: "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img"

Then you write "fastboot boot twrp.img" for reboot the phone.

If everything is ok, the phone will reboot in twrp.