Mi4c Stuck On 6.12.22

silkyit

Members
Aug 9, 2016
Hi,

I’m trying to update to latest stable release 7.1 based.

Issues:
Installing 7.1 twrp failed with this error: remote: dtb not found.

Updating to 7.1 eu rom via updater fails and so does through 3.0.3 twrp(and ruins the rom).

Any chance to what I can do next?

BTW - to reach 5.1 eu rom I’ve used edl + mi flash to old cn rom as mi unlock gives me the this account can’t unlock this device(tried 3 accounts).

I generally find very confusing the procedures of installing The ROM's, and why something doesn't work.

I also used the adb command "fastboot oem edl" to allow flashing the china dev rom 6.1.7 which unlocks the bootloader and allows installing custom recovery.

I then installed TWRP 3.1.1-0.

Then going through some experiences/tutorials, I installed xiaomi.eu 6.12.22/miui 8.2/android 5.1.1.

With the same TWRP I managed to install xiaomi.eu 7.2.9/miui 8.2/android 7.0

After this I wanted to install the latest ROM.

I downloaded the latest ( MIUI 9.68.4.26/8.5.3/8.5.4/8.5.8/8.5.10/8.5.17/8.5.24 ) and installed with the TWRP I have on the phone, but this ROM will not boot, I only get the Mi logo for a few seconds, and then nothing.

Now I copied the last xiaomi.eu MIUI 8 on the phone ( MIUI 8.67.7.20 - Last Miui 8 ), and successfully installed with TWRP - the ROM is booting as I'm writing.

So I am now running 8.5.1.0 stable.

What do I have to do to be able to install MIUI 9 ?

Last edited:
Following your comment I've managed to install TWRP 3.1.1-0 and xiaomi.eu 7.2.9/miui 8.2/android 7.0.
After that the device have relocked itself and since I'm getting the unexplained "this account can’t unlock this device" issue with the miUnlocker I cannot proceed and upgrading to miui 9.5 based roms.

Any help?

You can always starta gain from the china fastboot ROM.

I just checked mine via fastboot oem device-info command, it shows "Device unlocked: false", so I guess it means it has relocked ?

I will try unlocking now

update :

downloaded MiFlashUnlock and tried it, I get the 99% error, current account cannot be used ...

Last edited: