Mi4c - Successfully Flashed Eu-6.1.21 Without Unlocking Bootloader - How To Clean Up?

Olga

Members
Jul 7, 2013
hi guys,

finally i managed to flash xiaomi.eu rom on my fresh mi4c without waiting for bootloader unlock approval from that chinese site!

i did:
  1. i am on latest-china-dev-6.1.21 with no root
  2. downgraded to china-stable-7.1.6.0 (via updater)
  3. flashed china-dev-6.1.7 (via updater) to get root w/o bootloader lock
  4. installed flashify apk
  5. flashed cofface twrp recovery (via flashify)
  6. left partitions 'read-only' on twrp first run
  7. installed eu-6.1.21 (via twrp) w/o any wiping

now i want to perfectly clean up allthethings. i believe that twrp wipes all leftovers from 'system' anyway before flashing the rom. as for 'data', 'dalvik cache' and 'cache' - i'm going to just wipe that via twrp.

the only question is how to clean up the leftovers on internal storage in easy way? currently i see next options:
  1. either wipe-all (via twrp), and flash 'eu-6.1.21' (via twrp) via otg cable
  2. or put eu-rom.zip in '/data/media/0/TWRP/' before wiping all, there is unconfirmed info that twrp doesn't clean 'media' when purges internal storage (to save the backups), so this option doesn't require otg cable
let me know your thoughts, cheers!

Last edited:
Do you need the zip exactly for what?
to reflash the rom back. when i'll do full wipe (data, system, caches, storage), i need an easy way to put that zip back onto device, and then flash rom from scratch. i don't see a way on how to clean up internal storage (from possible old stuff) without reflashing. also i see a lot of worries from people around flashing internal storage.

P.S.
security app can't finish optimization, it just stays in progress forever, so i hope full wipe might help.

Wiping system is not necessary. The system partition only have the ROM in this case the xiaomi.eu you had flashed before. Just wipe data, cache, dalvik and internal only. That way you don't have to re flash the zip.

In any case save the zip on a PC. If anything go wrong connect the phone to the PC and in TWRP mount USB storage, drop the zip on the phone and reflash.

hi guys,

finally i managed to flash xiaomi.eu rom on my fresh mi4c without waiting for bootloader unlock approval from that chinese site!

i did:
  1. i am on latest-china-dev-6.1.21 with no root
  2. downgraded to china-stable-7.1.6.0 (via updater)
  3. flashed china-dev-6.1.7 (via updater) to get root w/o bootloader lock
  4. installed flashify apk
  5. flashed cofface twrp recovery (via flashify)
  6. left partitions 'read-only' on twrp first run
  7. installed eu-6.1.21 (via twrp) w/o any wiping

now i want to perfectly clean up allthethings. i believe that twrp wipes all leftovers from 'system' anyway before flashing the rom. as for 'data', 'dalvik cache' and 'cache' - i'm going to just wipe that via twrp.

the only question is how to clean up the leftovers on internal storage in easy way? currently i see next options:
  1. either wipe-all (via twrp), and flash 'eu-6.1.21' (via twrp) via otg cable
  2. or put eu-rom.zip in '/data/media/0/TWRP/' before wiping all, there is unconfirmed info that twrp doesn't clean 'media' when purges internal storage (to save the backups), so this option doesn't require otg cable
let me know your thoughts, cheers!

i would really like to know every step you did to get to where you are now. every time i try to go to an earlier rom, regardless of whether it's one from the official site or from here, all i get is that the image cant be verified. that obviously leads to nothing happening. even worse, i found it had removed the keyboard, so i couldn't do anything at all except factory reset! i am so cross with Xiaomi for removing root and locking the bootloader. it has destroyed my phone, taking it from being a pleasure to use to a complete pain in the a**e, useless piece of junk!

just another little moan, the internet access via my wifi is now absolutely pathetic! no wonder nothing can be verified!!

another question then, how to do a COMPLETE wipe of the phone? i saw nothing other than the 'factory reset' option, so assume that's why the 6.1.21 rom was still installed and preventing me from using anything else!

Last edited:
where did you find the china-dev-6.1.7? I can't seem to find the one i can install with the updater.

Wiping system is not necessary. The system partition only have the ROM in this case the xiaomi.eu you had flashed before. Just wipe data, cache, dalvik and internal only. That way you don't have to re flash the zip.

In any case save the zip on a PC. If anything go wrong connect the phone to the PC and in TWRP mount USB storage, drop the zip on the phone and reflash.
thanks mate, will try!

i would really like to know every step you did
i tried to be as much specific as possible in initial post. try to do full factory reset (via settings aka stock recovery), then try to follow the plan from point 2.

and don't be angry man, xiaomi/miui requires some flirting first, good luck!

Last edited:
ah, because it is not mounted anymore.. trying again

didn't help, bad :(
That's why I said to not wipe system partition.

I think you'll have to use the Mi flash tool or Mi PC suite to bring your phone back to life.

Follow the instructions and after you get your phone alive again repeat the whole process again but this time do not wipe the system partition.

Mi flash tool can be found here along with instructions.
http://en.miui.com/a-234.html

Good luck.

the only issue i currently have is security app can't finish with scanning system..
full wipes didn't help

Mine finishes system scan. But I don't think it is an issue at all.

Have a nice day you too.
I'm glad I could help in some way.

Reactions: Olga
i tried to be as much specific as possible in initial post. try to do full factory reset (via settings aka stock recovery), then try to follow the plan from point 2.

and don't be angry man, xiaomi/miui requires some flirting first, good luck!

i dont mean to be angry but when a purchase is made, based on the info from the seller/manufacturer and then it's found to be nothing except a way of luring people in to part with hard earned cash, then kick those same customers by removing the very features that made the customer decide to make that purchase, it's more than just a bit frustrating! it's even worse when you have very limited knowledge of working on phones, worse when the steps being given to try to achieve a particular result wont even come up let alone work! i cant even get the real 'recovery' to start, let alone get another rom on the phone! then, the con being used to get customers trust back, the 'apply for an unlock code' doesn't even materialise, in fact it removes the last little bit of trust and respect, if there was any left! if any company deserves to get the rage of users, it is Xiaomi/Miui!! they are proving to be worse than Apple, in my opinion!