Mi5 And Battery Life

Im using Gsam Battery monitor and usage looks diffrent than system battery usage. I trusting more gsam app.

My averange battery live are Battery life - 18h 31m (8h 44m active) and Screen On - 5h 24m

@mimuzzle,

My Mi5/64 has the same battery life with yours and I am not happy.
Have you improved your battery life since then ??

Ths for your quick response..
Yes the same for me too with all Miui and custom roms..
I am going to replace the battery soon and see the result..

Ths for your quick response..
Yes the same for me too with all Miui and custom roms..
I am going to replace the battery soon and see the result..
If we have same results I dont think replacing battery will help but please let me know

did any of you tried to fastboot roms? Maybe reseting to factory standard will help.

Im on 6.5.30 and im very happy with it. 75% battery and already 1.30H SOT.

backup everything and fastboot a miui rom... use it for 1-2 days then revert to xiaomi.eu rom. See what happens!

Reactions: crisagatie
If we have same results I dont think replacing battery will help but please let me know

You are right...
I Replaced the battery with a new one and the result is same..
Nothing cured.. That means xiaomi sometimes sucks...

I have been inquiring for finding out the solution for the last two months and there is no remaining software solution exist and I did not make use of.. .
I am fully convinced that this defect is 100% hardware related..
I have no possibılity to send service due to I am too far to China and not have near Local service having s.parts in stock...

Last edited:
As I observed and experienced myself that after my battery charged fully and disconnected from mother board no drain happens within more than 36 hours..
That means battery itself is healty.

Can someone tell me as soon as Battery connected the motherboard drain starts so quickly even if no sim inserted or on airplane mod even the phone is fully turned power off ??

The drain I am talking about is average 5-7 % per hour..

Are you sure that drain is not caused by one of your apps,...or even google play?

this drain happened also with phone put into 2G only?

when its the last time you flashed a rom via fastboot? Unapropriate kernel with wrong baseband can cause some drains via GSM network.

I recently fastboot clean flashed w/ miui 7 and miui8 to see if there is difference...
My phone is already 2G.
No apps or service is draining surely..

if you look the below appr. 70% drain is due to phone idle and cell standby..

Attachments

• Devbat_1.png
    Devbat_1.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 421
With sadnes in my voice.... You bought a lemon. Sorry, but I know your history with this device. I saw your posts..

Sell it and buy another one. Mine with worst rom ever .. and still able to provide 2-3h SOT and 12h use on a full charge.

Now I have 7.5.9.0 flashed with fastboot. Rooted+Eu fonts+Xperia keyboard and google minimum apps... and I can have 3 days standby with 1-2H SOT... or 1,5 days with 4h SOT.

hey, how is the battery life on nougat? im on 6.11.10, battery life is awful with awful standby time and just 2-3 SOT. on miui 7 it was alot better, with 4-5 SOT and amazing standby times

Nougat is also very bad for me..
I tested w/ miui7 but average drain is 5-6% per hour..
What version of miui7 are you using?

New battery did not cured at all.

What sucks the Battery? Pls Pls Pls Comment???

The below stats represents 82% drain within 16 hours while fully standby and with agressive doze..
it is obvious the drain is over 5% per hour..
İt is Lineage OS now but, this situ is, with many stock and custom roms, do not differ much..

Please comment what sucks my battery so much?

Thanks thanks in advance..

Attachments

• b0.png
    b0.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 408
  • b1.png
    b1.png
    50.9 KB · Views: 498
  • b2.png
    b2.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 423
  • b3.png
    b3.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 445
  • b4.png
    b4.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 411
Is this good? Stable 8.1.6.0, thinking about upgrading to Nougat

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-01-30-23-16-08-508_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2017-01-30-23-16-08-508_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    77.8 KB · Views: 454
I have not find any battery friendly Rom for my mi/64gb yet.

I change Roms and Kernels in every 4-5 days.
I am w/ Miui eu 7.5.7.0 now.. But not use to cure my trouble..

Some changes?? Someone recommends best rom MIUI 8 for Mi5? good GPS...good stability...small baterry drain...8.1.6?...8.2.1?...7.1.20?...7.4.6?...or others...pls write your opinions...very thx

Anyway no use.. I have got rid of it.
I have now Redmi 4 prime and average consume less than 1% per hour with it..

Anyway no use.. I have got rid of it.
I have now Redmi 4 prime and average consume less than 1% per hour with it..

Redmi 4 Prime is known for great battery life and SoT due to its processor and 4100mAh battery, but mi5 i think, win on most aspects if compered to it.

I have not find any battery friendly Rom for my mi/64gb yet.

I change Roms and Kernels in every 4-5 days.
I am w/ Miui eu 7.5.7.0 now.. But not use to cure my trouble..
been using 7.4.14 since it launched, i manage to get about 5hrs SoT at my best, playing mobile legend and youtube and twitter mostly, and now it's about 4-5hrs, with gpsoff, dual sim, 4g and 2g :/

8.2.2.0 surprises me today:
Screenshot_2017-04-19-09-25-00-579_com.miui.securitycenter.png
So basically almost 2 days in a single charge, only 3 hours SOT but normally here with the similar 3-4 hours SOT I can only reach a day or so.

Reactions: Jaime DLH
Hi, actually i have Xiaomi Eu 8.2 - 6.10.20, is the last rom without nougat, i'm working right with Twrp 3.1.0-1, SuperSu 2.79 and Xposed Installer by dvd android 26-11-16.
The reason why i prefer to have Xposed than nougat is because i use amplify, and i'm getting 5 or 6 hr of display for charge.