New Mi5 Back Button Not Working

kvxxs

Members
Jul 16, 2016
Hi I need some help.

I got a Mi5 a few weeks ago, and right now I'm running MiUi 8 6.7.14

My back button is not working at all, it worked fine for the first two days but now it does nothing when I press it. The only way to make it work is plugging an usb charger. Can i fix that with software or may it be a hardware problem? I had the same problem with MiUi 7.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Yesterday I was browsing in an area with 2G coverage, and I experienced this phenomenon where the back button acted on itself many times fast, backing out of the webpage and then force-closing the browser (I have that action set on back button long-press), then it would stop working and come back with a standby cycle. I could feel the vibration feedback act many times.
It happened twice in a minute. Again, I only have the Mi5 since a couple days.
I tapped on the corner and it didn't go haywire, so I hope it's not a build defect.
I reasoned it may be a little interference on the touchpanel, possibly due to 2G signal.
We know the 2G signal is typically impulse-based and causes much interference in loudspeakers (we all know that), I also had a Nokia Lumia 930 whose screen flickered when browsing on 2G coverage.
It may be a matter of touch panel calibration in successive firmware updates.

Yesterday I was browsing in an area with 2G coverage, and I experienced this phenomenon where the back button acted on itself many times fast, backing out of the webpage and then force-closing the browser (I have that action set on back button long-press), then it would stop working and come back with a standby cycle. I could feel the vibration feedback act many times.
It happened twice in a minute. Again, I only have the Mi5 since a couple days.
I tapped on the corner and it didn't go haywire, so I hope it's not a build defect.
I reasoned it may be a little interference on the touchpanel, possibly due to 2G signal.
We know the 2G signal is typically impulse-based and causes much interference in loudspeakers (we all know that), I also had a Nokia Lumia 930 whose screen flickered when browsing on 2G coverage.
It may be a matter of touch panel calibration in successive firmware updates.
Thanks for your reply. In my case it has nothing to do with the 2G signal, the button only works when the phone it's plugged. I've had this problem with different roms.

I'm here to confirm that it's a hardware issue. Sorry guys. My mi5 worked perfectly but I replaced the screen and the new screen back button works when plugged in and charging but is very unresponsive when running off battery.