[mi5 Bricked] I Bricked My New Mi5 With Miui8

michael825

Members
Jun 28, 2016
Hello my friends, i bricked my Mi5.

Current status:
No response from the smartphone. No LED, no reaction on button pressure. No fastboot mode, nothing....
The computer recognizes it as ''Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008''

MiFlash says: COM10 - class not registered (0x80040154)

What happened:
I flasht TWRP Recovery and the newest Miui8 Version from xiaomi.eu ''xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_6.6.23_v8-6.0.zip''
After a reboot the phone unresponsive.

Can someone help me?

Reactions: Stefano131270
Hello my friends, i bricked my Mi5.

Current status:
No response from the smartphone. No LED, no reaction on button pressure. No fastboot mode, nothing....
The computer recognizes it as ''Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008''

MiFlash says: COM10 - class not registered (0x80040154)

What happened:
I flasht TWRP Recovery and the newest Miui8 Version from xiaomi.eu ''xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_6.6.23_v8-6.0.zip''
After a reboot the phone unresponsive.

Can someone help me?

you can try install via EDL. Solution you have on xiaomi.eu or en.miui.com

I thing this is not possible. Or show me how. First of all I thing the Mi5 dont have a EDL mode.
Second it is not possible to come into a fastboot or recovery mode....

I would remove the MiFlash app and reinstall it from here:
en.miui .com/thread-272376-1-1.html

The error you are getting seems to be a problem with your computer, and not MiFlash.

You could also try updating the drivers for the QDLoader. Go into device manager, right click the device and select manual search for new drivers.

Use mi manager app on system, shift + combo... Search forum... For same and edl works fine too.. before proceeding chk fastboot devices if it detects ur device

Use mi manager app on system, shift + combo... Search forum... For same and edl works fine too.. before proceeding chk fastboot devices if it detects ur device
Edl got removed in 7.3.x and all related Developer ROMS.

There is no edl anymore for the Mi5, only the firmware versions from March 2016 have it, the rest does not. And this means 7.2.x has edl, all others don't.

I'm not sure, but I think EDL as been blocked on officials xiaomi ROMs only, so it may work here.

Miflash indicated comm problem... Try reinstall miflash and drivers, try using different usb port...

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I would remove the MiFlash app and reinstall it from here:
xxxxx

The error you are getting seems to be a problem with your computer, and not MiFlash.

You could also try updating the drivers for the QDLoader. Go into device manager, right click the device and select manual search for new drivers.

You are awesome.... Now he work, but he says: ''Missed hello packet, try to recover'' but this since 20 minutes...

@natraj
but after I press the flash button he says press vol- and power (i tried for sure but nothing happend). so i thing i need this.
Or you have a other way...

Have you correctly tried recovery mode: keep vol+ & Home, then press pwr while still keeping vol+ & Home. If MI shows up, just remove the pwr button, keep vol+ & home until you enter recovery mode.

In this mode you can use the chinease version of MiSuite to flash stable rom.

Have you correctly tried recovery mode: keep vol+ & Home, then press pwr while still keeping vol+ & Home. If MI shows up, just remove the pwr button, keep vol+ & home until you enter recovery mode.

In this mode you can use the chinease version of MiSuite to flash stable rom.

I never read this way to get into the recovery mode, but now i tried and nothing.

And now i have i sign of life. over the night w/o charging, the phone LED flash red if i put it on the USB port, but the computer will not recognize it now

This is very strange. Does the computer do something ? I mean, not recognizing the phone can be either nothing happens or he can't find the driver

update later... I think i have the solution... I am happy now

EDIT: yes, I fixed my phone....

Last edited:
1: if you're detecting it as qcom 9008, there's a good chance it's in EDL mode, which is good news
2: download MiFlash from here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24521665358595574
3: download the latest dev rom from here: http://update.miui.com/updates/v1/fu...ni&b=X&r=cn&n=
4: Extract the files to C:\
5: Open MiFlash & point the folder to the root ROM folder, example: C:\gemini_foo_bar, NOT C:\gemini_foo_bar\images
6: connect your phone & select flash all (1st option from the left, bottom of MiFlash tool)
This might take a few tries (example - you might receive "missed hello packets [maybe you need to reboot you computer often])

With the tradingshenzhenblog GLOBAL DEV ROM.

@michael875 Hi, I've the same problem with my Mi5, don't have fastboot, download mode, just EDL, when I connect the device to USB port automatically opens Qualcomm 9008 drive, so I open miflash select the ROM, flash_all and flash, the flash process take about 3hours, very long time it's straight, but on final of the process SUCCESS.

The problem is the phone spilldead, no response at nothing.

Connect again at USB port and the same Qualcomm 9008 appear, so the Mi5 is always in EDL mode, any ideias?

Thank you

Enviado do meu MotoG3 através de Tapatalk