Mi5 - Camera Software With Bugs And Missing Goodies.

Joao Pestana

Members
Jul 22, 2016
I'm using the Mi5 Pro for some time and have upgraded to MIUI8 but some problems persists, i don't know if someone is able to do what Xiaomi must have done a long time ago...

- We need camera API2 implemented in software. Many apps use this API.. *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* is amazing and i'm stuck in a old version and unable to use the new HDR because of the API2 incompatibility...
- I have the OIS uncalibrated, only works for the right side... how can i calibrate it? Can someonde give me an option to calibrate the OIS?
- Why not implement EIS also? Apple, Samsung, LG and even MEIZU and Oneplus uses OIS (if available) and EIS to improve Video Capture... Can someone port the Oneplus One 3 drivers and tecnhology to Mi5? Both phones use the same camera sensor...
- Why cannot take photos in Raw Format?

- We need camera API2 implemented in software. Many apps use this API..
Enable it yourself from the build.prop, set persist.camera.HAL3.enabled to 1. Note that front camera will be vertically flipped after this, so modify /system/etc/camera/msm8996_camera.xml as well. Change MountAngle for CameraId 2 (there are two of them, change both) from 360 to 270.
- I have the OIS uncalibrated, only works for the right side... how can i calibrate it? Can someonde give me an option to calibrate the OIS?
Never heard of such a thing. I don't calibrate mine, it just works.
- Why not implement EIS also? Apple, Samsung, LG and even MEIZU and Oneplus uses OIS (if available) and EIS to improve Video Capture... Can someone port the Oneplus One 3 drivers and tecnhology to Mi5? Both phones use the same camera sensor...
No one but Xiaomi dev team can answer that, I guess.
- Why cannot take photos in Raw Format?
Use capable camera app after enabling camera2 API.

Enable it yourself from the build.prop, set persist.camera.HAL3.enabled to 1. Note that front camera will be vertically flipped after this, so modify /system/etc/camera/msm8996_camera.xml as well. Change MountAngle for CameraId 2 (there are two of them, change both) from 360 to 270.

Never heard of such a thing. I don't calibrate mine, it just works.

No one but Xiaomi dev team can answer that, I guess.

Use capable camera app after enabling camera2 API.

If i make that change app like *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* force closes... because there is no real API2 implementation... You are just saying that have API2 to app's, but in reality when some app try to use it... it giver a error!

Regarding the OIS check this videos:

OIS Working in youtube:

watch?v=pN2f6POLdJw&feature=youtu.be

OIS Broken (like mine)

watch?v=xSxQb6OoU8M&feature=youtu.be

Can anybody help?

If i make that change app like *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* force closes... because there is no real API2 implementation... You are just saying that have API2 to app's, but in reality when some app try to use it... it giver a error!
Newer *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* won't work, use the older one: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/camera/camera-2-7-008-release/

I use Manual Camera, all the features work. The API does get fully implemented. Here's both RAW and JPEG version of my laptop screen captured just now (please wait around 5 minutes, my upload connection speed is slow):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22124591/mi5-manual-camera-jpeg+raw.zip