Mi5 Suddenly Overheats, Now Doesnt Respond Anymore, Blackscreen No Led

nicodebb

Members
Jan 12, 2017
Hi all, first time on this forum. Last year in May, a friend bought a Xiaomi MI5 for me in Shanghai. It has been working fine up until yesterday evening.
When i got it out of my pocket, i wanted to unlock the screen and i noticed that the phone wasnt responding. I also couldnt turn it off by holding the power button for a long time. Then I noticed my phone was very hot. So i thought that it was blocked and i once the battery was drained I would be able to just charge the phone and the problem would be gone. After my phone was cooled down, i put it in the charger, and left it charging the whole night. I noticed that no leds appeared or the icon that the battery was charging, not even after an hour of charging. But this morning, the phone is still not responding.

I've been looking through the internet and saw threads about booting it i safe mode or something by pressing power and volume+, but that doesnt work. When I connect it to my laptop and go to device manager, all it says is QUSB_BULK. I don't know what to do, and I live in Belgium, so sending it in will be quite a hassle. Anybody knows what to do?

I would really appreciate any help,
Thank you in advance!