New Mi5 Weekly Miui9 Fingerprint Not Working

zutch

Members
Oct 12, 2017
Hello, am having an issue since few days ago I noticed my phone stopped unlocking via my fingerprint and that slight tap on fingerprint button doesn't return me to home screen. I have to hard press to actually go to home screen now . .. the option for fingerprint settings is gone aswell . I tried reflashing and going BK a few builds but didn't help . Am currently on 7.10.26 , was on 7.10.19 . Tried flashing 7.10.12 but didn't fix the issue

Is my fingerprint just dead ?! Or is this a software bug .... Please Please answer me .

ok, i was ready to dismantle my phone to try and fix the fingerprint module but while i was reading thread about dismantling the phone i found a comment saying that he just pressed power button for 15 seconds and that drains the static electricity built up in the phone, and apparently that worked !!! i turned my phone back on and my fingerprint worked and the settings for fingerprints showed up again and its very strange i never thought static electricity could be such a problem for my phone

Reactions: jc rey and Motox