Mi6 Battery Drain, Phone Almost Always Warm

mankin

Members
Aug 16, 2017
Hello everyone

I've mi6 since last week and from beginning got a problem with battery, when I'm not using my mi6 it's almost always warm, not hot but warm and battery is using like 10 % per hour.

Had it with global rom si decided to unlock bootloader and installed miui 9 ver 7.8.10 but here is the same problem as well.

Got apps that I used on all my previous smartphones nothing new here so doubt its the problem with apps.

Disabled miui battery optimization.
When installed roms I did full wipe from twrp.

Is it something for warranty?

Here some screenshots, screen was on for 1h 35min so far, unplugged phone from charger 6hrs ago and now I'm on 39% :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-08-18-09-03-31-890_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-18-09-03-31-890_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    153.4 KB · Views: 427
  • Screenshot_2017-08-18-09-03-35-712_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-18-09-03-35-712_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    96 KB · Views: 413
  • Screenshot_2017-08-18-09-03-49-294_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-18-09-03-49-294_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    72.9 KB · Views: 432
Is it something for warranty?

No, don't worry. First of all, try enabling MIUI Battery Optimization again. I know it's not the best battery saver out there but it can help in stand by. I'm pretty sure your battery drain comes from apps doing wakelocks.

You have root? If yes, use an app like WakelockDetector or BetterBatteryStats to see what is causing trouble. Also, if you have root, Greenify + L Speed (both free on Google Play) will help you with your battery time.

Then again you are using official Facebook app and Messenger. Those two apps are known to cause huge issues with battery life. You could try using an alternative FB client like "Swipe" for a few days to see if it gets better.

I will attach a screenshot of my battery history - I have MIUI battery saver enabled (only turned off for some important apps), MIUI Optimization off (in developer settings) and I use L Speed battery profile and Greenify. Amazing battery life so far with medium to heavy usage.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-08-18-16-51-33-570_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-18-16-51-33-570_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    64.1 KB · Views: 389
I did today everything that you said, even clean installaion of newest weely MIUI from forum .17 ver.

Not much difference to be honest :(

Installed BetterBattery Stats but nothing interesting there, can upload screenshots if needed. Betterybattery stats showing 10.2% per hour which is very high for me :(

L speed installed, rest set like you suggested please see screenshot, screen was on for 1hr 40min

What I noticed that at the bottom my phone is always warm for some reason, not sure is it cellular antenna, battery and what ever is installed there is always warm.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-08-18-23-59-09-190_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-18-23-59-09-190_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    73.2 KB · Views: 371
Oh, that doesn't sound good... CPU and battery are on top and in the middle, as seen here: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/FT_AEphtlFE/hq720.jpg

So the bottom shouldnt get warm, and definitely not all the time :( This might be something for warranty...

Thanks mate a lot for you assistance :)

Think I just got some faulty device and it's more likely hardware issue not software, did full wipe with data, system etc few times already, tested global roms, xiaomi EU roms and got this problem on all of them so can't me software

Confirmed that it was hardware issue with a battery, I paid more to change it to new one instead of dealing with warranty, also now I have blue one which looks amazing :) No issue right now, global rom and phone is cold like it should :)

Reactions: apintocr
Confirmed that it was hardware issue with a battery, I paid more to change it to new one instead of dealing with warranty, also now I have blue one which looks amazing :) No issue right now, global rom and phone is cold like it should :)

Hello,

I have the same problem, can you tell me how you confirmed I was hardware?
Your help would be of great importance to help me claim to warranty.

Thank you.