New MI9 SE - call recording not working

Dirkifiz

Members
Jun 7, 2019
automatic call recorder not working.
It records only some seconds of silence.
No matter if it is switched to MP3 or AAC. Usual sound recording works fine, but no calls.

Device : MI9 SE with 9.10.24

built in call recorder still not working on 9.10.31
workaround: using skvalex call recorder plugin in Magisk for the moment. That works.

• Love
Reactions: MXKMT
automatic call recorder not working.
It records only some seconds of silence.
No matter if it is switched to MP3 or AAC. Usual sound recording works fine, but no calls.

Device : MI9 SE with 9.10.24
The same problem on MI8 SE with 9.11.22 firmware.
In the past its worked perfectly, but now only silence and its lenght is much shorter than the call duration. I dont know from which firmware it broke, maybe some weeks before.

Reactions: Dirkifiz
I confirm that the call recorder does not work on mi9se even on last build. Strangely, if I install the magisk skvalex module, both the integrated and the added one automatically start working. Probably the module activates the Quallcom drivers that have remained deactivated.

Reactions: Dirkifiz
the call recorder does not work on mi9se even on last build.
Strangely, if I install the magisk skvalex module, both the integrated and the added one automatically start working

Confirmed! That is exactly what I also experienced. Once the magisk skvalex module is installed, the integrated call recorder starts working again too.

Good to know, I am not alone with this. The module is at least a workaround, but it would be nice, if it will work native again also.