Micro USB port connexion problems

Same problem here, now i'm trying to re-solder it, my problem seems a simple desoldering. btw, i've bought my m2a 6-7 months ago. Seems many m2as are suffering this problem. This should be under warranty. I'm starting to regret buying this phone.

I have the same problem also. This is very concerning. Does anyone know how to get in contact with Xiaomi directly? This is clearly a build issue. This most definitely should be repaired under warranty. Maybe point Xiaomi to this forum thread as proof, although I suspect they probably already know about it.

If this forum does have the ear of xiaomi, being personally invite to go see them etc, I expect some kind of response surely?

I managed to contact them, and explained them this is clearly a build issue, but the reply was something like "you're not in China, so no warranty". Just wasted 250+ euros.

That's terrible service. I will contact the shop I bought it from and see what they say.

Guess what? My Mi-2A also got this problem I can't charge my phone at all. I already trying to fix it on local repair shop. It works, but still need to be careful because the problem still exists (I need to bend the cable a bit).

I'm using Mi-One and Mi-Two and this is by far the worst Xiaomi product that I bought (I don't giving up from them though and still excited with their Mi-3 :D ).

Update, they won't even help me to BUY from THEM a new usb module. Wow, Xiaomi has just lost an enthusiast customer.
This is a Xiaomi forum, can someone help us?

Last edited:
I have the same problem with my Mi2a.

Have somebody install the USB plug connector in his Mi2a?

Is it easy to mount?
Are there some special skills necessary?
Has anyone found a tutorial on youtube, or an other platform?

I've just ordered one. As soon as i get it (2 weeks maybe) i'll tell you :)

Envoyé de mon LG-D802 en utilisant Tapatalk

At the moment I have to decide:

.) Order the part and install it myself.
(And lose my warranty claims.)

.) Or send my phone to china and fix the issue via warranty.
(Need probably much more time!)

I´m a little bit in fear to damage the phone during he repair!

Hi. I was able to solve the problem. I found a part replacement. Xiaomi has fixed the same and released an updated module. I got it for USD 14 from where I got the mobile. Changed it today. Phone works perfect. No issues. :) :D

And. Fyi. The repair is very easy. You just need to remove the screws and unclip the module. There are two clips. One a wire in the left side other the actual module connecting to the circuit board. You have to be careful after installation that it fits correctly. The speaker is a separate module that touches the leads on the flex cable. So if it is not properly seated you wont get any audio out of your phone. :) Hope that helps. I'll post a pic with the details soon. :)

Reactions: mrkrabs
Where did you bought please? Is there online order?

Hi. I got it from ibuygou team. No online order. They were kind enough to arrange for the product from Xiaomi. You'll know the difference when you start the phone. The new module changes the Xiaomi logo into a blue glow instead of orange and there in an Official Snapdragon Logo in the start screen.

And it looks just like the usb module you showed picture earlier?

Exactly the same. There are stickers on the back that you need to remove for the glue to stick and hold inside the panel. That's how the replacement came. The white is the removed sticker.

Attachments

• IMG_20131203_225902.jpg
    IMG_20131203_225902.jpg
    929.9 KB · Views: 400
Cool look like it'll be good i'm wziting for my order. I'll tell if genuine or not :)

Update on the repair. :) These are the only things you need to make sure.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    609.7 KB · Views: 426
Uber cool Vidyesh. Big thanks i'll keep you updated. :)

Oh and this is how the new start screen looks. :) Blue glow and new Snapdragon logo.

Attachments

• IMG_20131203_232520.jpg
    IMG_20131203_232520.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 347