Micro USB port connexion problems

Are there any differences on the new USB module so that I can check if I get an old or an new one?
(Except from the new start screen?)

Maybe I will not see the screen because normaly I always see the start screen from my ROM(MIUI Germany.)

Hi. I don't think so. I haven't noticed any other difference other than what I already mentioned. Will let you know if something comes up. :)

Wish I had read this yesterday! My phone is currently on its way back to China (from UK) for repair. I will let you know if they successfully repair the device under warranty. Note that I am sending the phone back via the seller I bought it from on Ali Express.

Hi
I have the same issue on my Mi2A (bought in June), it is very frustrating. First the connector was loose and it would only charge when the phone was at a particular angle. Now it won't charge at all unless I force the connector in a certain way. Needless to say my phone is unusable until I find a solution.

I think the problem arises because of a heating issue. So many people with the same problem.

I've heard that Xiaomi havee redesigned the charging port so hopefully it won't be an issue after repair. Just got word back that Xiaomi have fixed mine and the seller from China has shipped it back. I would say a good backup solution would be to buy a spare battery and an external batter charging dock. That way you won't be without the phone during a period when you need it most, or if you attempt to repair yourself and are unsuccessful.

I agree. I do my charging through an external battery dock charger and also have an extra battery. It is also useful on-the-go.

For the battery issue I agree with you, but for data transfer the USB -port is very important for my.
In most case I have no WIFI-spot to use Airdroid or something like that.
So I hope I get my new USB-port soon and can fix my problem.

But it need much more time than expected.
I'm not sure if it would not have been better to send the phone to China.

Just got my phone back after repair from China and its working perfectly once again. Happy days!

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Mr krabs, I'm interested! did xiaomi repair it do you think?
How quick was it?
How much did you pay?
Postage?

Glad you got yours fixed!

I get the feeling mine may be starting to play up, and am worried how this will be fixed from the UK!

Regards

Mr krabs, I'm interested! did xiaomi repair it do you think?
How quick was it?
How much did you pay?
Postage?

Glad you got yours fixed!

I get the feeling mine may be starting to play up, and am worried how this will be fixed from the UK!

Regards
Yes Xiaomi fixed it. The seller I bought it from in China sent it on to them. I used courierpoint.com as that was the cheapest courier quote I could find. They sent it via DHL on Friday and it was in China by the Monday.

I had my phone back and fixed the following Tuesday. It cost me just over £25 to send and another $25 (dollars) for my seller to return it via DHL. They offered to send it back free but this was using a much slower service. Depends on the seller really. I found my seller to be extremely helpful.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that, it's good to know if/when it breaks.
Hope the new one you have lasts!

Just some info for anyone annoyed by this problem:
This seems to be a very common problem among Mi2A as reported in many Chinese forums. Other XiaoMi models seem to suffer from the same problem but Mi2A seems to the worst. It shouldn't be the fault of the dealer.
I live in China and bought mine back in June and the USB port became really bad during the past few weeks. Charging takes more than 5hrs and cannot properly connect to my computer. I went to the XiaoMi official store (http://www.xiaomi.com/c/xiaomizhijia/shanghai.html) earlier this week and they replaced the port for me for FREE cuz it's still under warranty. No data was wiped or anything, only the port was replaced, and I still have the warranty. Now it works like a charm.
Just a heads-up that if you decide to replace it yourself you will most likely lose the warranty, but if you are never going to China anyways then I guess it might the best you can do. €15 shouldn't be a bad deal for the USB port but the Mi2A phone costs only ¥1500 or €180 (at least this is the price if you buy it officially in China, not sure how much would it cost in other parts of the world).
Hope that helps.

Whats the best way to open my Mi2a after removing the 9 screws?
Is there a trick to it or is it just plain force?

Hi, a bit of news from my side.
I contacted Celine from ibuygou before the part was available on their site. I paid $20 a few weeks ago and received the part today.
It took me 15 minutes to replace it, it was fairly easy.
Now everything works again but I am afraid the same issue will come back in the future, because the new part is 100% identical to the previous one that failed.
Thank you to all who provided with help, I am glad I can use my Mi2A again :)

Reactions: Nico T
I bought my m2a in Dec'13 from merimobiles, until now usb is ok but i want to ask if anyone knows, they have fixed from xiaomi to this model (bought dec'13) or in a few months i will need to replace it ?