MIUI 11 MIUI 11.0 STABLE RELEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. Forgive me if this has already been answered. Mi 9T Pro user here, using 10.4.6.0 stable. When the new MIUI 11 version is going to be released what's the best way to upgrade?

1: download the update file, choose update package in the updater and just update?
2: back up everything on google drive or micloud, do a proper format via TWRP, clean install then restore from backup?
3: something else?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Can dirty flash from TWRP without all the format. Format if you do not want any remnants of the 10.4.6 ROM, but should not be necessary.

Reactions: iazriel
Can dirty flash from TWRP without all the format. Format if you do not want any remnants of the 10.4.6 ROM, but should not be necessary.

So I still need to update via TWRP instead of the updater inside the OS. Just fastboot, TWRP and install without any wipe at least?

So I still need to update via TWRP instead of the updater inside the OS. Just fastboot, TWRP and install without any wipe at least?
Given that this is a custom ROM, you can install it direct from TWRP, ie download the ROM, transfer to phone, boot to TWRP, install, reboot.

Reactions: iazriel
Im running miui 11 stable on my redmi note 7 global version,my question is,,,if i switch back to stock global rom does my custom recovery be wipe out too? thanks

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Im running miui 11 stable on my redmi note 7 global version,my question is,,,if i switch back to stock global rom does my custom recovery be wipe out too? thanks

If you use automated install, then the recovery partition will be overwritten by the recovery in the stock global rom.

If you use manual restore from fastboot, you can elect not to flash the recovery partition.

If you use automated install, then the recovery partition will be overwritten by the recovery in the stock global rom.

If you use manual restore from fastboot, you can elect not to flash the recovery partition.
Can i flash global stock rom using orange fox reco6?

Hello, any solution for the messaging problem on redmi note 7 pro? I noticed my build fingerprint is of the lavender, and device is violet??
65c5a2119bc3f61ef8a7a915bd5ef9e8.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Quick query, currently have a Mi9 Chinese Model 6gb/128gb with Miui10 | 9.4.11 (Weekly) flashed on it, just wondering;

- As it is a weekly I can't OTA this new Miui 11 ROM? When I check it says 'You are up to date or there is a server issue'
- Assuming the above is true I need to boot into TWRP wipe cache and dalvik cache and flash the Miui 11 image to get it on the phone? All data lost I take it?
- Miui 10 is running perfectly fine for me currently, any compelling reason currently to upgrade to Miui 11, killer features and so on (I realise security fixes etc. but for now I feel reasonably comfortable)

Appreciate any feedback, cheers!

Quick query, currently have a Mi9 Chinese Model 6gb/128gb with Miui10 | 9.4.11 (Weekly) flashed on it, just wondering;

- As it is a weekly I can't OTA this new Miui 11 ROM? When I check it says 'You are up to date or there is a server issue'
- Assuming the above is true I need to boot into TWRP wipe cache and dalvik cache and flash the Miui 11 image to get it on the phone? All data lost I take it?
- Miui 10 is running perfectly fine for me currently, any compelling reason currently to upgrade to Miui 11, killer features and so on (I realise security fixes etc. but for now I feel reasonably comfortable)

Appreciate any feedback, cheers!
Just download miui 11 then update using systems updater

Status
Not open for further replies.