MIUI 12.0 MIUI 12.0/12.1/12.2/12.5 STABLE RELEASE

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters

ddj123

Members
Apr 29, 2020
I've clean-installed the MIUI 12 stable ROM for Redmi Note 7.
I like it since the ROM is fast and stable, but I noticed a higher RAM consumption than the one on Miui 11 Global/EU and, most important, very weird high peaks in battery usage onscreen: through AccuBattery, I noticed that when I'm using my phone the consumption can reach very high values (sometimes even above -1200 mAh!) - usually around -450 and - 800 mAh, even though I'm just scrolling homescreen and the brightness is very low.
When this not happens, usually values are around -250 mAh (I don't know if they should be even lower), sometimes even around -40mAh.
On the other hand, so far battery consumption with screen off seems pretty good, about -0,5/-0,4% per hour.
So I'm asking: how could I fix the "on screen" problem and what is causing it?
View attachment 31239
Good question. Can this be clarified?

Ahmad nakzan

Members
May 4, 2014
Hi guys
Does this Rom have a weekly update like all other ROM's?
And how i can update the system apps cuz i can't install any system apps

HJIG.

Members
Jul 9, 2020
Hi guys
Does this Rom have a weekly update like all other ROM's?
And how i can update the system apps cuz i can't install any system apps
Depends on the phone, system apps are updated within the updates of rom.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 7 przy użyciu Tapatalka

tamiya7676

Members
Aug 18, 2018
Hi,

Just downloaded and updated MIUI 12 v12.0.5.0 for my K30 5G from v12.0.1.0. After installation, my phone boot up but stopped at MIUI logo. The installatino was done in TWRP.. Do i need to do anything after the installation? Please help.

Thanks & regards

tamiya7676

Members
Aug 18, 2018
Hi,

Just downloaded and updated MIUI 12 v12.0.5.0 for my K30 5G from v12.0.1.0. After installation, my phone boot up but stopped at MIUI logo. The installatino was done in TWRP.. Do i need to do anything after the installation? Please help.

Thanks & regards
Managed to get d system updated, booted up and running. I did a clear Dvaik Cache and Cache from TWRP and it booted up. Thanks team for the v12.0.5.0.

zukenp

Members
Jun 16, 2020
Doesn't have weekly. This is stable rom, not weekly. If you want weekly, you have that section.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

LOLO9393

Members
Feb 8, 2016
I've clean-installed the MIUI 12 stable ROM for Redmi Note 7.
I like it since the ROM is fast and stable, but I noticed a higher RAM consumption than the one on Miui 11 Global/EU and, most important, very weird high peaks in battery usage onscreen: through AccuBattery, I noticed that when I'm using my phone the consumption can reach very high values (sometimes even above -1200 mAh!) - usually around -450 and - 800 mAh, even though I'm just scrolling homescreen and the brightness is very low.
When this not happens, usually values are around -250 mAh (I don't know if they should be even lower), sometimes even around -40mAh.
On the other hand, so far battery consumption with screen off seems pretty good, about -0,5/-0,4% per hour.
So I'm asking: how could I fix the "on screen" problem and what is causing it?
View attachment 31239
Very good remark.
It can not be related to the LCD backside drain because it should be visible. LCD drain is 250 mA average and lower in a dark room.
Current surge of 800 mA or more can only occur when the processor is working at high speed for short time in your case.
Cause this increase the global average consumption of the Miui 12 rom as many people reported already.
Miui 12 has many new effect features that can impact this point a deep investigation must be done.
Thanks again for your attention.

Karpfenhai

Members
Jul 17, 2016
Hey guys, this post is to make you think before complaining, I often read about "high ram usage" which is quite nonsense keeping in mind, free ram = useless / wasted ram!

In modern OS, highly occupied ram = good ram, makes the system fluid, no long load cycles et cetera, so I would rather complain, why do I have around 4 gig out of 8 free ram all the time and why do my apps get killed in the background?

It's more about ram management as about total free... be happy your ram is used and addressed by the OS, not vice versa!

Anyone else with +6 GB devices and lots of free / wasted ram?

This should be fixed, otherwise stick with 4 GB....

I know, xiaomis fault not EU.

So, please stop complaining about ram in use, it's supposed to be used!

Oh and by the way, what you see is not real anyways, check within terminal:

So, it's occupied as it should be, this renders the post useless..damn , however maybe it's good for some education then.

Regards.

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HJIG.

Members
Jul 9, 2020
Hey guys, this post is to make you think before complaining, I often read about "high ram usage" which is quite nonsense keeping in mind, free ram = useless / wasted ram!

In modern OS, highly occupied ram = good ram, makes the system fluid, no long load cycles et cetera, so I would rather complain, why do I have around 4 gig out of 8 free ram all the time and why do my apps get killed in the background?

It's more about ram management as about total free... be happy your ram is used and addressed by the OS, not vice versa!

Anyone else with +6 GB devices and lots of free / wasted ram?

This should be fixed, otherwise stick with 4 GB....

I know, xiaomis fault not EU.

So, please stop complaining about ram in use, it's supposed to be used!

Oh and by the way, what you see is not real anyways, check within terminal:

So, it's occupied as it should be, this renders the post useless..damn , however maybe it's good for some education then.

Regards.

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk
Thanks man thats really helpful!

yuborgges

Members
Jul 25, 2020
Hello, I'm on stable MIUI 12.0.1 on my Redmi Note 7, I found a bug with the camera in the dynamic shoots option. After taking the photo and opening the gallery when I am going to edit the photo with the dynamic shoots option to choose a photo more clearly, a message appears saying: "Bokeh keeps stopping".

Code:
java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occurred while executing doInBackground()
at android.os.AsyncTask$4.done(Unknown Source:27)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.finishCompletion(FutureTask.java:383)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.setException(FutureTask.java:252)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:271)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:919)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int java.lang.Integer.intValue()' on a null object reference
at com.miui.extraphoto.motionphoto.xmp.ImageMetaData.extractBaseExifInfo(Unknown Source:9)
at com.miui.extraphoto.motionphoto.xmp.ImageMetaData.extractImageExifData(Unknown Source:16)
at com.miui.extraphoto.motionphoto.manager.PhotoManager$ExtraPhotoTask.doInBackground(Unknown Source:25)
at com.miui.extraphoto.motionphoto.manager.PhotoManager$ExtraPhotoTask.doInBackground(Unknown Source:2)
at android.os.AsyncTask$3.call(Unknown Source:20)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
... 3 more
I hope you can fix this bug, I really like this ROM, thanks.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
Could someone help me with this problem? The same problem occurs on beta MIUI 12.

Ahmad nakzan

Members
May 4, 2014
Depends on the phone, system apps are updated within the updates of rom.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 7 przy użyciu Tapatalka
I have mi 9t pro and i understand that rom not weekly update. But i want to update system apps. Like any apps but i can't . And if there any chance to update soon ?

Trakost

Members
Aug 3, 2020
Very good remark.
It can not be related to the LCD backside drain because it should be visible. LCD drain is 250 mA average and lower in a dark room.
Current surge of 800 mA or more can only occur when the processor is working at high speed for short time in your case.
Cause this increase the global average consumption of the Miui 12 rom as many people reported already.
Miui 12 has many new effect features that can impact this point a deep investigation must be done.
Thanks for this little explanation! Do you think we, as users, can do something in that direction? I mean, like deactivating/reducing effects (if I'm not wrong, some options should be under Developer Settings, but I'm not sure what I should modify), at least in the attempt to try if something changes...

EDIT: I've set animations (trough Developer Settings) to 0.5x and debloated some MIUI services/apps. It seems I have no more very high peaks, since the maximum one I've noticed is around -500mA (like when I'm on Instagram), and now I'm usually around -250/300 mA when actually using phone for stuff.
I'm not sure I 'fixed' the problem or it is just a coincidence, but I'll keep you updated.
By the way, the high RAM consumption still remains (only 1/1.1GB left with just Accubattery and GSam Batteyr Monitor opened).

Last edited:

LOLO9393

Members
Feb 8, 2016
Thanks for this little explanation! Do you think we, as users, can do something in that direction? I mean, like deactivating/reducing effects (if I'm not wrong, some options should be under Developer Settings, but I'm not sure what I should modify), at least in the attempt to try if something changes...
It's my feeling. Miui12 paint is far to be dry...We are in debug phase maturity level5...
I am focusing on my spare MI9T on stand by drain and deep sleep behavior. This seems to be under control with this latest release.
But i have noticed these surge when checking bat statistics. observation has to be done in order to understand.
I hope others will follow the track you opened.
Today I have a MIUI11 phone as daily usage and can't investigate further on this issue.But I stay tuned.

domingues.jc

Members
Aug 20, 2019
I'm having the same problem here. In View Summary, the following message appears:
Screenshot_2020-08-04-13-20-00-409_com.miui.bugreport.jpg

"java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at b.g.c.getDefault(Unknown Source:0)
at com.miui.powerkeeper.utils.Utils.getIMEI(Unknown Source:0)
at com.miui.powerkeeper.utils.Utils.getRandomSeed(Unknown Source:4)
at com.miui.powerkeeper.ai.AppPredict.updateConfig(Unknown Source:44)
at com.miui.powerkeeper.ai.AppPredict.updateCloudConfig(Unknown Source:104)
at com.miui.powerkeeper.ai.AppPredict$BackgroundHandler.handleMessage(Unknown Source:39)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:19)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:242)
at android.os.HandlerThread.run(Unknown Source:28)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: miui.telephony.TelephonyManagerEx cannot be cast to b.g.c
at b.g.c$a.Ia(Unknown Source:22)
at b.g.c$a.<clinit>(Unknown Source:4)
... 9 more"

ddj123

Members
Apr 29, 2020
Very good remark.
To stabilize the peaks (cpu), I installed kernel audiutor apk (free), clocked to 1747, gpu bit lower to your taste maybe, and boost frequency core (1) disabled.

Still snappy and fast enough, great performance. Less heat and more rounded battery use. (Tip)

(And if you like for battery / ram: greenify.. Always good.)

What ever rom I flash, I always have this

Good luck

murilo_foletto

Members
Jun 18, 2020
To stabilize the peaks (cpu), I installed kernel audiutor apk (free), clocked to 1747, gpu bit lower to your taste maybe, and boost frequency core (1) disabled.

Still snappy and fast enough, great performance. Less heat and more rounded battery use. (Tip)

(And if you like for battery / ram: greenify.. Always good.)

What ever rom I flash, I always have this

Good luck
What is your device?

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

LaurentiuCTN

Members
Apr 9, 2017
Dear users,

I encounter a problem on the K30 PRO ZOOM, with the built-in VPN:
When I try to connect to a personal VPN, it connects, but I don't have internet ... There is a high speed of traffic ... But the internet is not ... After 1 minute it disconnects.
I want to mention that it worked with the same software version. I encountered the problem after I updated to MIUI 12.0.5
I went back to miui 11, I re-installed everything that could be reinstalled, in various combinations, but nothing.
On NORD VPN or other vpn application, everything works properly.
I checked the vpn connection on the pc and it works without problems.
Attach printscreen and screen recording

I really appreciate your help.
Thank you

Sent from my Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Edition using Tapatalk