MIUI 12.0 MIUI 12.0/12.1/12.2/12.5 STABLE RELEASE

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

My phone is POCO F3, Yesterday i just done unlock bootloader & during flashing EU rom once done installed saw 2 slot show in TWRP, Slot A & Slot B ?? What is that ?? choose slot B it just can not normal boot but fastboot only, than i choose Slot A than my NEW EU rom boot OK, seem now day flashing ROMs quite complicated compare old time So simple easy!!

Also current EU rom using "xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V12.5.19.0.RKHCNXM_v12-11" is it best ROM for battery life ??

Could anyone explain this... Appreciate if you can tell me :)

Attachments

• IMG20220901023758-resize.jpg
    IMG20220901023758-resize.jpg
    377 KB · Views: 137
I have no idea which MIUI 12 for Pcoco F3 is the best. I'm not interested in historical software. ;)

I using rom now is "xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V12.5.19.0.RKHCNXM_v12-11" , than if i install "xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V12.5.3.0.RKHCNXM_v12-11" that mean i am doing Downgrade... So is it below installation step i need add "Wipe" (below read) before install Zip or no need ? Also after install ROM zip need format data ?

Installation via TWRP:
- Download zip to internal storage
- Updater - Menu (...) - Reboot to Recovery

- Wipe -Data, system cache ?
- Install - Select zip
- Format Data ?
- Reboot
- Done

I using rom now is "xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V12.5.19.0.RKHCNXM_v12-11" , than if i install "xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V12.5.3.0.RKHCNXM_v12-11" that mean i am doing Downgrade... So is it below installation step i need add "Wipe" (below read) before install Zip or no need ? Also after install ROM zip need format data ?

Installation via TWRP:
- Download zip to internal storage
- Updater - Menu (...) - Reboot to Recovery

- Wipe -Data, system cache ?
- Install - Select zip
- Format Data ?
- Reboot
- Done
Format Data is stronger than Wipe Data. Therefore, since you do Format, you don't additionally need to Wipe (but you can always do if you like - eg, you can repeat Format seven times, it is not necessary but it will not make any harm)

Similarly, by Formating Data you already Wipe Cache, hence that step (Wipe Cache) is also not necessary (but won't make any harm to do, except for loosing some second of your life

Did you take a look into your own screenshot (your command prompt on the PC)

It clearly reports the error:
"adb is inaccessible or not found"

Hence you're doing something wrong

And indeed, if you already executed:
>>adb shell

Then you are already in the shell and you should not try to execute (as you tried and error was reported):
>>adb shell pm uninstall...

But only:
>>pm uninstall...

adb opens Android Debugging Bridge communication between PC and the phone

shell opens Shell on the phone side

pm is shell command for package manager

Hence, after opening "adb shell" you cannot call again "adb ..." because you're now already in the Shell, and it doesn't find any adb executable in the path

Btw, Google can help to read and learn the basics of adb, shell, pm commands

Last edited:
Reactions: katerpanne
Format Data is stronger than Wipe Data. Therefore, since you do Format, you don't additionally need to Wipe (but you can always do if you like - eg, you can repeat Format seven times, it is not necessary but it will not make any harm)

Similarly, by Formating Data you already Wipe Cache, hence that step (Wipe Cache) is also not necessary (but won't make any harm to do, except for loosing some second of your life
i See, for "Format Data" shall do after install rom zip or before ??

i See, for "Format Data" shall do after install rom zip or before ??
If you do before, you will have to sideload or copy by MTP the ROM zip file to Internal memory to be able to flash from TWRP (since Format will wipe everything from the Internal mem)

Hence I download the zip file to the phone before rebooting to TWRP, flash etc in TWRP, and do Format Data right before I reboot to System - it's important that Data was formatted before booting to System (although, one can, if he forgot, reboot later to TWRP and Format Data - but then he will again have to setup everything when rebooting to System)

If you do before, you will have to sideload or copy by MTP the ROM zip file to Internal memory to be able to flash from TWRP (since Format will wipe everything from the Internal mem)

Hence I download the zip file to the phone before rebooting to TWRP, flash etc in TWRP, and do Format Data right before I reboot to System - it's important that Data was formatted before booting to System (although, one can, if he forgot, reboot later to TWRP and Format Data - but then he will again have to setup everything when rebooting to System)
Very good detail explained , thanks a lot Dude... :)

Try it.
Set the Instagram app's "Get device information" permission to something other than "Return empty messages".

Hello everyone, we have in this rom the security version in 5.6 and version 7.1 is out, but it won't let me change it. how could i do it?

Hello everyone, we have in this rom the security version in 5.6 and version 7.1 is out, but it won't let me change it. how could i do it?
You're not supposed to update system apps manually. We patch them and you'll lose functionality if you do so.

You're not supposed to update system apps manually. We patch them and you'll lose functionality if you do so.
So for now the security version does not matter? Wouldn't that bring better features to the smartphone? I am a new user and I do not want to disturb, just understand better the operation of this ROM. Thanks for you answer

So for now the security version does not matter? Wouldn't that bring better features to the smartphone? I am a new user and I do not want to disturb, just understand better the operation of this ROM. Thanks for you answer
Most interesting features won't even be visible to you because they are only enabled for China ROM.

Status
Not open for further replies.