MIUI 12.0 MIUI 12.0/12.1/12.2/12.5 STABLE RELEASE

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning everyone,
Apologize if this is the wrong place for this!
I'm trying to flash twrp so I can install the rom. I've use twrp many times before on other Android phone/tables and never had a problem... until now?
When I try to flash twrp using 'fastboot boot twrp.img' everything completes, the phone reboots but sticks on a black screen. I have to power off to reboot back into the current rom.

I've looked around and found another way using 'fastboot flash recovery twrp.img' but that fails with 'FAILED (remote: '(recovery_a) No such partition').

Where am I going wrong? The phone is a China version Mi 11 running xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11_V13.0.4.0.SKBCNXM_v13-12-fastboot rom.

Any help to get this done would be very much appreciated

Last edited:
Would you like to go back to miui 12 and android 11 xiaomieu?

if so, do the data format with the command fastbot.exe -w
restart fastboot, boot recovery from fastboot, copy the zip package with rom miui12 and install with boot recovery

restart fastboot, boot recovery from fastboot, copy the zip package with rom miui12 and install with boot recovery
Yes, that's the idea.

Thank you fo the info.
I've always used twrp in the past and while I understand the terms using Fastboot, I'm not sure of the process?

I'm fine with the adb commands. But I'm stuck on a couple of things you said...

How do I 'boot recovery from fastboot'?

And where is the list of roms on the site? I've looked all over and I can't find it?

Thanks again. . .

I believe the command is : fastboot boot twrp.img

And where is the list of roms on the site? I've looked all over and I can't find it?

Thanks again. . .
I have a hard time understanding the question, but every thread (such as this one) under "MIUI ROM Releases" match a release (or a MIUI version for the stable ROM), and in the first post you have links to download the ROMs

Yes, that's the idea.

Thank you fo the info.
I've always used twrp in the past and while I understand the terms using Fastboot, I'm not sure of the process?

I'm fine with the adb commands. But I'm stuck on a couple of things you said...

Thanks again. . .
Why you want to go back on A11?

Why you want to go back on A11?
A12 has some issues with the way I set the phone up. I'm getting no alerts on some app (Whatsapp being the main one). None of the launchers I use will run under A12 (Poco/Mint) they give show a black screen. Custom ring tones don't work. I've been using the same alert tones for about 6 years and don't want have to start using new one.

I believe the command is : fastboot boot twrp.img

I have a hard time understanding the question, but every thread (such as this one) under "MIUI ROM Releases" match a release (or a MIUI version for the stable ROM), and in the first post you have links to download the ROMs
I can't use twrp, I'm told, as it doesn't work with A12

Sorry about the q on the rom! I had a major brain misfire there!

Ok, so worked it all out, but still can't get it to work.

After I enter 'fastboot -w' I can't reboot? I get 'No devices'? But 'fastboot devices' shows the phone?? Also 'adb reboot recovery' also says 'no devices'????

I do not understand. ADB can't see your phone? If so, the drivers are to blame.
When you detect the phone, do boot recovery and copy miui12 and install. After installation, do wipe factory and format data and restart.

A12 has some issues with the way I set the phone up. I'm getting no alerts on some app (Whatsapp being the main one). None of the launchers I use will run under A12 (Poco/Mint) they give show a black screen. Custom ring tones don't work. I've been using the same alert tones for about 6 years and don't want have to start using new one.
I understand you 100%, i stay in the safe A11 house my self, i know what i have, i never know what to get with new releases.

Reactions: Steve1221
Hello I'm having problems with setting up MIUI 12.5 on my Redmi Note 8 (ginkgo). I am coming from a custom ROM (crDroid 7.11) and I installed the ROM by wiping cache and data in Orangefox recovery but when I get to the lock screen it asks for a 4-digit PIN. The problem is, the PIN I had originally set up was a 5-digit PIN. I have tried formatting data but it also does not work.

Hello I'm having problems with setting up MIUI 12.5 on my Redmi Note 8 (ginkgo). I am coming from a custom ROM (crDroid 7.11) and I installed the ROM by wiping cache and data in Orangefox recovery but when I get to the lock screen it asks for a 4-digit PIN. The problem is, the PIN I had originally set up was a 5-digit PIN. I have tried formatting data but it also does not work.
I think you have to use another TWRP (link below). As far as I remember something changed with the encryption about a year ago. And yes you will have to format Data, not just wipe.

Reactions: 1647838042
I think you have to use another TWRP (link below). As far as I remember something changed with the encryption about a year ago. And yes you will have to format Data, not just wipe.
Thanks for the advice! I was able to fix my issue by formatting data again and waiting a really long time to get past the boot screen. It led me to the initial setup and it worked well from there.

Ok, so worked it all out, but still can't get it to work.

After I enter 'fastboot -w' I can't reboot? I get 'No devices'? But 'fastboot devices' shows the phone?? Also 'adb reboot recovery' also says 'no devices'????
I do not understand. ADB can't see your phone? If so, the drivers are to blame.
When you detect the phone, do boot recovery and copy miui12 and install. After installation, do wipe factory and format data and restart.
OK, thanks for the help. I've finally got the phone into recovery mode, but I don't see how to start the flash from there? There are no options to install a rom (that I can see?).

I'm in Miui recovery 5.0 and the only options are Reboot, wipe, connect with mi assisant, safe mode & repair mode.
What am I missing?????

You do not install recovery, but you boot.
You did the data format so boot recovery will work.

fastboot boot name recovery.img
when it starts up, copy the zip package from miui12 and install the data format after installation.

You do not install recovery, but you boot.
You did the data format so boot recovery will work.

fastboot boot name recovery.img
when it starts up, copy the zip package from miui12 and install the data format after installation.
Tried that, it didn't work.

Format data: worked.
Then;
'fastboot boot TWRP.img' and after it boots all there is, is a black screen.

Last edited:
Hello, please tell me how to return the service mi sim / mi mi roaming to this firmware. This service was removed in this firmware. When I run only APK file I see this, no SIM card store. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-16-22-06-49-356_com.miui.virtualsim.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-16-22-06-49-356_com.miui.virtualsim.jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 169
hey on rom there is no link to download (no mirrors found.) on androidfilehost.com

xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10_V12.5.11.0.RJBCNXM_v12-11.zip​

hey on rom there is no link to download (no mirrors found.) on androidfilehost.com

xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10_V12.5.11.0.RJBCNXM_v12-11.zip​

Strange

But check, seems there is download for the same from sourceforge.net page

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-17-10-50-43-633_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-17-10-50-43-633_com.android.chrome.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 146
This is probably a long shot and sorry if this has been asked, but will I be able to dirty flash .eu MIUI 13 over .eu MIUI 12 on the Redmi Note 10 Pro when it gets released?

Status
Not open for further replies.