New (MIUI 12 - 20.05.14) (RN5) No Floating windows and No power menu

mshibo

Members
May 24, 2020
Hey guys,
Have been enjoying the new Miui 12 experience for 3 days now on my RN5 and I know it's still in beta phase however, I got two issues:
1. No floating windows
2. No power menu
- when long press power button, phone reboots suddenly
So, is there an available fix for these issues?
Thanks in advance

Hello,
1. You need to use stock MIUI Launcher to see "Floating window" in 'Recent Apps' screen but you can also use this feature via the new "Control Center" => Check if you see a "floating windows" toggle. ;)
2. Did you try on lockscreen only? If it's working after unlocking your phone, that's normal => There is an option in phone's settings to disable access to the power menu on lockscreen.
:)

Reactions: mshibo
I really appreciate your help but I can't find any of these settings
44a9bb743d558c46431b71d9210e1a7e.jpg
f8ec19ecc84d712e34d60d5614ea389f.jpg
10b29adb1a72162a3197697b430be9fb.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Make sure "Power menu access" is enabled in "Always-on display & Lock screen" in Settings.
You won't find it via search, it's a custom feature.

Reactions: mshibo and Poney70
There's no "Always-On" Settings here only "Lock Screen" and that feature already enabled as you see.
That issues one more question, does Miui 12 support always-on feature on non-Amoled devices?

View attachment 30082
No...
Any device can potentially support always-on... question is "why"? Keeping an LCD screen always on will drain your battery in a few hours.

No...
Any device can potentially support always-on... question is "why"? Keeping an LCD screen always on will drain your battery in a few hours.
Well, I understand that and I'm not very interested in Always-On feature. My main goal is to find solutions for my problems.
So, what you sir think about these problems? What do you suggest here?

Well, I understand that and I'm not very interested in Always-On feature. My main goal is to find solutions for my problems.
So, what you sir think about these problems? What do you suggest here?
Nothing, really. I can't reproduce either of them.

Well, 1st of all, I want you to know that I do appreciate your help so far.
2nd of all, maybe you can guide me where to go. Maybe I can track down the directories of these features inside system partition or in build.prop.
Maybe they're disabled or doesn't even exist.

Well, 1st of all, I want you to know that I do appreciate your help so far.
2nd of all, maybe you can guide me where to go. Maybe I can track down the directories of these features inside system partition or in build.prop.
Maybe they're disabled or doesn't even exist.
Um... this doesn't work like on Windows... but do check if /system/system/media/theme/default/powermenu file exists.

Hey guys,
Have been enjoying the new Miui 12 experience for 3 days now on my RN5 and I know it's still in beta phase however, I got two issues:
1. No floating windows
2. No power menu
- when long press power button, phone reboots suddenly
So, is there an available fix for these issues?
Thanks in advance

floating windows is only for android 10 devices.

and i dont have that problem with power menu in my RN5.

This rom works great, thanks devs.

Reactions: Poney70
There are few irritating stuff in v12.
As someone mentioned, 1) had problems with power button but few minutes after I've read this article that was repaired.
2) no dark mode in clock app. I'd like to emphasize I never use dark mode at all. Titanium backup doesn't help cause after I reinstall clock app to older version (thanks to customiuizer) and then reboot the phone, the app clock is being updated to v12 miui clock. So remaining solution is agree with that or use another app.

3) This image shows my fav set of colors. The fact is this blue color is (unfortunately was) transparent - on the blue image. Note there I had no whiteness burning eyes even on a day. But now I very have this f@#&ing white

4) no floating windows among apps. In place where should be button 'floating window' is' split screen'. But because of floating window I wanted to install new software.

5) notifications related with audio are expanded all time. I hate these 3cm height notifications.

So now I think the only advantage of new ROM are just new security patches and pseudo-iPhone animations showing icons after unlocking a phone.

Last edited: