Miui 12.5 can not receive MMS, Text Messages Stuck “Downloading” or “Expired”!

coolqi

Members
Feb 23, 2021
Hi All,

I found Mi 11 running 12.5 eu ram, could not receive MMS, I have two mobile cards. one works good, another one always tell me download picture failed, Text Messages Stuck “Downloading” or “Expired”. Anyone have the same situation? How to solve this problem please?

I checked my phone setting. APN and SMSC settings and called my mobile suplier, everything is right setting. In order to try the card, I find another andorid phone. Then I take the failed mms card to another andorid phone, I checked the APN is same setting. it works properly in this phone. so this means Xiaomi or MIUI has trouble to receive or send mms when have 2 cards.

Looking solution please.

4.jpg

Last edited:
Check your APN settings for your carrier

Hi All,

I found Mi 11 running 12.5 eu ram, could not receive MMS, I have two mobile cards. one works good, another one always tell me download picture failed, Text Messages Stuck “Downloading” or “Expired”. Anyone have the same situation? How to solve this problem please?

I checked my phone setting. APN and SMSC settings and called my mobile suplier, everything is right setting. In order to try the card, I find another andorid phone. Then I take the failed mms card to another andorid phone, I checked the APN is same setting. it works properly in this phone. so this means Xiaomi or MIUI has trouble to receive or send mms when have 2 cards.

Looking solution please.

View attachment 35224

Update. I change different supplier. MMS now working.

So I think MIUI may be not fully support some mobile services or certain Sim.

same here with Fido in Canada .This SIM used to run perfectly and offer MMS messages optio under lineageos 18.1 with xiaomi MI MIX2S .It looks like if the cell phone data provider modify or alter our ROM ?

Experienced the same in Australia, a little dissapointing :(. I tried a few roms, was advised to use 12.5.17.0 EU ver: RKACNXM (Stable) rom however MMS fails on the platform for Optus/Testra and I dare say Vodafone, however not confirmed. Everythng else works like a dream and the phone is extreamly fast. Is there also a way to see what networks are support 12.5.17.0 RKACNXM (Stable) rom?

Reverted back to Global ROM 12.5.7.0 Global ROM (RKAMIXM) MMS worked for about 24 hours then stoped. Received Optus Tech support ongoing for about a week now and they cant fix it.

Looking at the config

Name: Optus MMS
Home Page/MMSC: http://mmsc.optus.com.au:8002/
APN: MMS
Primary/MMS Proxy: 61.88.190.10
Port: 8070
MCC: 505
MNC: 02
Auth Type: PAP
APN Type: mms
MMS Protocol (for Android): WAP 2.0

Issue seems to be WAP 2.0 isnt an option inside the config, only IP4, IP6 or IP4/6 selectable. Any chance on getting support for WAP 2.0 Protocl?

Last edited:
Experienced the same in Australia, a little dissapointing :(. I tried a few roms, was advised to use 12.5.17.0 EU ver: RKACNXM (Stable) rom however MMS fails on the platform for Optus/Testra and I dare say Vodafone, however not confirmed. Everythng else works like a dream and the phone is extreamly fast. Is there also a way to see what networks are support 12.5.17.0 RKACNXM (Stable) rom?

Reverted back to Global ROM 12.5.7.0 Global ROM (RKAMIXM) MMS worked for about 24 hours then stoped. Received Optus Tech support ongoing for about a week now and they cant fix it.

Looking at the config

Name: Optus MMS
Home Page/MMSC: http://mmsc.optus.com.au:8002/
APN: MMS
Primary/MMS Proxy: 61.88.190.10
Port: 8070
MCC: 505
MNC: 02
Auth Type: PAP
APN Type: mms
MMS Protocol (for Android): WAP 2.0

Issue seems to be WAP 2.0 isnt an option inside the config, only IP4, IP6 or IP4/6 selectable. Any chance on getting support for WAP 2.0 Protocl?
I have exactly the same issue here in Australia - did you ever get this resolved?

I've tried an Optus (Exetel), TPG and Telstra SIM.

No option for WAP 2.0, only IPv4 or IPv6 :(

Having the same issue here on a Poco F3 on the Koodo Network in Canada. I can receive MMS but any time I try to send, it says Network Not Ready. I've tried both the old APN settings for Koodo (Basically Telus' using sp.koodo.com instead of sp.telus.com, which works on my Whyred running Lineage 18.1) as well as the current Koodo settings (Which this rom has backwards -- Telus has the Koodo settings (other than sp.telus.com instead of sp.koodo.com) and Koodo has the Telus (with it being sp.koodo.com instead of sp.telus.com). Neither work correctly on the F3, and neither does adding Koodo's APN manually using the settings from their website. (https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-data-your-non-koodo-phone)

I'm on the final stable build of MIUI 12.5 Xiaomi.eu version.

My Whyred running Lineage 18.1 works using both the MIUI provided APN from the F3, as well as deleting them all and creating a new one using the information from Koodo's website. So this has to be MIUI specific. I posted to their forums. We'll see if anyone responds.

Edit: This is partially solved. There is a conflict issue when you have Google Messages installed on the phone along with the Mi Messaging app that it breaks MMS sending in both the Mi Messaging and Google Messages. If you uninstall Google Messages, SMS sending will work again. My guess this is something to do with Xiaomi's Security app and they must fix it on their end. While they're at it they should also stop telling users that there is a security issue by using Google Messages as your SMS/MMS client instead of Mi Messaging. This is simply not true.

So as I suspected originally, this isn't Xiaomi.eu's fault and is something that will have to be fixed on the MIUI end. Hopefully this helps other users that can't explain why SMS isn't working even with correct APN settings. Try uninstalling all third party SMS/MMS apps and see if it works again in the stock Mi Messaging app.

Last edited: