New MIUI 12 gestures not available anymore, somehow reverted back to MIUI 11 gestures

• Thread starter Deleted member 226200
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 226200

Yesterday I clean installed the 20.4.30 MIUI 12 ROM on my Mi MIX 2S (polaris), enabled the full screen gestures in the settings and got the new MIUI 12 gestures, including the one where you swipe horizontally on the bottom indicator to switch apps. I then disabled the bottom screen indicator, which changed the app switch gesture to swipe up then laterally.
However, after some time (maybe I also rebooted the phone, right now I don't remember), the new gestures were gone and they reverted to the old MIUI 11 gestures, with no apparent way to turn them back, in fact the option for enabling the bottom screen indicator got replaced with the old toggle for the old switch app gesture. Even running the learning process again, it doesn't show me the new gesture.

UPDATE: I found out that it looks like you need to have the default launcher enabled for the gestures to work properly, I had enabled the Poco launcher and after enabling the Xiaomi one the gestures work properly again

Screenshot_2020-05-03-13-10-00-990_com.android.settings.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
disable hide full screen indicator ;)
Well, yeah but the thing is I can't, that option is gone
Plus it's clearly a bug because disabling the indicator shouldn't cause the gestures to revert back, considering there's a new gesture for switching apps with the indicator hidden

Last edited by a moderator:
that is interesting... just switched between these two, and i have the option of the full screen indicator, but even if it's enabled, i still have the same gesture... swipe up and to the side

I had the same problem with Mix 3, the full screen gesture mode didn't work. And at first launch the phone also does not open the Miui wizard but instead is the wizard of the original android version?

Bump, is there any way to enable the gestures from ADB/editing of files?

I have the opposite problem on MI9. I have new navigation, but i want the old one, because it is not possible to switch apps on hold. I have to reach for bottom of the page, which is way worse than old back and hold gesture.

and this problem I am not affected by the original China, maybe there is some incompatibility problem during the mod process

UPDATE: I found out that it looks like you need to have the default launcher enabled for the gestures to work properly, I had enabled the Poco launcher and after enabling the Xiaomi one the gestures work properly again

I had same problem, but i activated navigation dock and using for quite some time. Later gestures started working automatically. Some times Home gesture wont work, but later once we restart or use home from navigation dock would fix it. Basically we should use navigation dock in parallel, that wud give some peace of mind.