MIUI 13 MIUI 13 STABLE RELEASE

what improvements does 13.0.5 bring? Does the battery work better now and there are no problems with gmail etc?

Reactions: davital
Little update on my side, installed Miui 13 on a Mi 11 Ultra, everything is working fine expect 2 points for me, sound notification are not working in fotmob app and the battery is draining a lot. Other point for who are using Pi hole blocker by default it was not working on my new A12. I have found to disable private dns to work. Settings-->Connexion and sharing --> Private Dns set to disable and after that all is working perfectly.

Last edited:
Hello, I have lost widevine l1 in my poco f3 with the latest xiaomi eu stable 13. It was because of disabling SoterService (com.tencent.soter.soterserver), I have re-enabled it but when downloading a new certificate I get error -10009, how can I solve that? I have enabled the application again but the error persists, I have also tried flashing the rom again (dirty)

Edit:
The banking applications (caixabank, imagibank) do not work for me, could it be due to this?

Last edited:
Little update on my side, install Miui 13 on a Mi 11 Ultra, everything is working fine expect 2 points for me, sound notification are not working in fotmob app and the battery is draining a lot. Other point for who are using Pi hole blocker by default it was not working on my new A12. I found to disable private dns to work. Seetings-->Connexion and sharing --> Private Dns set to disable and after that all is working perfectly.
I got the same problem with fotmob notifications and also with blue mail client app.

If I try to use an individual mp3 file on local storage as notification sound, it is selected but the notifications appears without this sound. Only possible with MIUI standard ringtone/notification sounds.
I'm not sure if this is a A12, a MIUI13 or an app problem.
With e.g. WhatsApp, there is no problem like this. I picked a sound, which is located in the same folder and this works.

If you go within the fotmob app to notification settings -> sounds and select e.g. Goal sound, then you can pick one or click on settings in the lower left corner of this window. This forwards to an A12 setting screen I never seen before and not able to select within the MIUI settings...

Reactions: M@$$1
Hi. Updated my Mix 4 from MIUI 12.5 to 13 and charging is slower than it was. Probably option to boost charge speed changes only animation but no boost speed (no difference between option on/off in charging speed). Anyone with Mix 4 has same problem?

I got the same problem with fotmob notifications and also with blue mail client app.

If I try to use an individual mp3 file on local storage as notification sound, it is selected but the notifications appears without this sound. Only possible with MIUI standard ringtone/notification sounds.
I'm not sure if this is a A12, a MIUI13 or an app problem.
With e.g. WhatsApp, there is no problem like this. I picked a sound, which is located in the same folder and this works.

If you go within the fotmob app to notification settings -> sounds and select e.g. Goal sound, then you can pick one or click on settings in the lower left corner of this window. This forwards to an A12 setting screen I never seen before and not able to select within the MIUI settings...
the strange thing in fotmob app it's when i try to play the sound on proprieties of the app, e.g. Goal the sound is playing correctly. I have tried to access the button volume when this sound is played and i see it as muted, but same problem when i try to increase the sound volume.. wating for an update of MIUI and the app.

It's a good update, runs a little smoother. Too bad i had to say goodbye to root though, for now.

Edit: Oops, I stand corrected, no good at reading clearly. It still works using patched boot file.

Last edited:
Some games display a black screen or just a splash screen and can't enter the game: Deemo II and Lara Croft Go. I downloaded both from Google Play Store

Hi guys,

I saw today that there is a new rom 13.0.5 available. I already have fastboot 13.0.4. DO I need to update via TWRP recovery or fastboot again ? Do I need to reformat again or any factory reset needed like it was on 13.0.4. Please advise. Appreciate it. No details mentioned for upgrade from 13.0.4 on the first page.

Thanks
RP

Reactions: kohut.lukas.33
Hi guys,

I saw today that there is a new rom 13.0.5 available. I already have fastboot 13.0.4. DO I need to update via TWRP recovery or fastboot again ? Do I need to reformat again or any factory reset needed like it was on 13.0.4. Please advise. Appreciate it. No details mentioned for upgrade from 13.0.4 on the first page.

Thanks
RP
You shouldn't need factory reset even from 12-13 stable to stable. Just a standard fastboot flash using update bat file. There is no working TWRP yet, don't try to flash it.

You shouldn't need factory reset even from 12-13 stable to stable. Just a standard fastboot flash using update bat file. There is no working TWRP yet, don't try to flash it.
Thanks for the update. But there were a lot of bugs due to the storage issues, where people were unable to download gmail attachments, bluetooth connectivity, whatsapp dual app not working etc., I have raised a couple of them in the bugs section. Factory reset has fixed a few of them. I had to reinstall all the apps and screwed my sunday. Dont know how this update gonna work. Will wait for any feedback who has done it on a factory reset phone, to replicate my scenario. Anyone who has upgraded from 13.0.4 to 13.0.5, appreciate your inputs in this regards for the feedback on the gmail attachments and whatsapp dual app if you can. That will be a great advantage to many. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the update. But there were a lot of bugs due to the storage issues, where people were unable to download gmail attachments, bluetooth connectivity, whatsapp dual app not working etc., I have raised a couple of them in the bugs section. Factory reset has fixed a few of them. I had to reinstall all the apps and screwed my sunday. Dont know how this update gonna work. Will wait for any feedback who has done it on a factory reset phone, to replicate my scenario. Anyone who has upgraded from 13.0.4 to 13.0.5, appreciate your inputs in this regards for the feedback on the gmail attachments and whatsapp dual app if you can. That will be a great advantage to many. Thanks in advance.
Everything is fine for me. did not factory reset from android 11 to android 12 and no storage problems for me!

I just reset permissions app because of battery drain.

Everything is fine for me. did not factory reset from android 11 to android 12 and no storage problems for me!

I just reset permissions app because of battery drain.
how about from A 12 to A 13 ? Were you able to download gmail attachment without factory reset ? Try for an old gmail attachment from the inbox. Everyone had issues. Its on Mi 11. Developers have confirmed it as well that it has some storage problems. I am puzzled you dint have one.

I can confirm the attachment issues are resolved in A12 (13). I had the issues with Gmail as well as an SMS app i used, could not attach picture within app, had to go to the gallery and share from there. Also resolved.

I installed the ROM on my Poco F3 and now I am trying to install Magisk. I patched the boot.img from the zip file with the Magisk app. Then I flashed the magisk_patched.img to the boot partition with fastboot.
After a reboot the phone is not rooted. What am I doing wrong?

I installed the ROM on my Poco F3 and now I am trying to install Magisk. I patched the boot.img from the zip file with the Magisk app. Then I flashed the magisk_patched.img to the boot partition with fastboot.
After a reboot the phone is not rooted. What am I doing wrong?
Magisk talks are no more allowed on the 2 main rom topic because of flooding.
have a search or open your own thread.

Reactions: goldencore
Hey guys,
I flashed MIUI 13 weekly to my MI 10 ultra from MIUI 12.5.10 Stable.
I am getting frustrated with the weekly ROM due to bugs.
How can I downgrade from MUI13 weekly to MIUI 12 stable given that A12 doesn't support TWRP flashing and my MIUI12 ROM is TWRP? I can't find fastboot ROM for my phone.
I am stuck. Please HELP.
ALSO, if full wipe is needed, how do I wipe it? While flashing?

Is this ram usage normal while no apps in background

Attachments

• IMG_20220117_064718.jpg
    IMG_20220117_064718.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Reactions: LOLO9393