MIUI 14 MIUI 14 STABLE RELEASE

is it ok to dirty flash the stable civi from 23.1.3 dev?
No. A format will likely be required. You're welcome to try it, but no support will be offered afterwards. Back up your important data first just in case, because odds are in won't work.

Kernel sources. That's about it, and even then they seem pretty slow to update the original kernel source releases, if they ever do.
they don't update them at all. A wild example is ridmi 9a. there is such a littered core that it turned out to be faster to switch to ubuntu touch. It stupidly lags right out of the box.

Kernel sources. That's about it, and even then they seem pretty slow to update the original kernel source releases, if they ever do.
Which probably has no point, because newer platforms all use GKI, which means it's identical between devices, even if the SoC vendors are different.
Not sure that they are obliged to release source codes for vendor kernel modules, those are proprietary.

Reactions: mik101 and dkpost3
Hi, is there a guide, step by step, to downgrade from miui 14 weekly to miui 14 stable?
Is there any program, app or something else, to fully backup my phone? Thanks.
I have a mi 11.

xiaomi civi 14.0.2.0 when i flash it keeps rebooting to fastboot. i tried to download and flash 14.0.1.0 everything seems fine and tried to update it to 14.0.2.0 it reboots to fastboot again.

Hi, is there a guide, step by step, to downgrade from miui 14 weekly to miui 14 stable?
Is there any program, app or something else, to fully backup my phone? Thanks.
I have a mi 11.
Is TitaniumBackup still relevent these days?
It needs root though.

You can also use MIUI backup in the settings app

Reactions: alealo
For anyone on Poco F2 Pro/ K30 Pro. Do you see any changes? Apart from wallpapers there's literally no change and can't find a single new feature from MIUI 14, not even memory extension. Am I missing something? Do I need to do a clean install or this is the MIUI 14 we get for this device?

Reactions: Kanber
For anyone on Poco F2 Pro/ K30 Pro. Do you see any changes? Apart from wallpapers there's literally no change and can't find a single new feature from MIUI 14, not even memory extension. Am I missing something? Do I need to do a clean install or this is the MIUI 14 we get for this device?
I have the same phone (k30 Pro) - do your banking apps fingerprint authentication work when you upgraded to 14?

I have the same phone (k30 Pro) - do your banking apps fingerprint authentication work when you upgraded to 14?
Yes, they work as usual. I'm rooted so....Magisk...Universal safety fix ...hide magisk app and put the banking apps in the blacklist and you're good to go.

I really se no changes/improoves.
I even think they've pulled off some characteristics, but of course I think this team will have nothing to do with it. It's really the miui herself who wants to throw numbers
For anyone on Poco F2 Pro/ K30 Pro. Do you see any changes? Apart from wallpapers there's literally no change and can't find a single new feature from MIUI 14, not even memory extension. Am I missing something? Do I need to do a clean install or this is the MIUI 14 we get for this devic

Memory extension is still there, but yeah some new MIUI 14 features like super icons unfortunately are missing from Poco F2 Pro. Hopefully it's added in the next stable update if there is going to be one.

Weirdly you can still edit folders but not icons.

Reactions: Kanber and Catani84
xiaomi civi 14.0.2.0 when i flash it keeps rebooting to fastboot. i tried to download and flash 14.0.1.0 everything seems fine and tried to update it to 14.0.2.0 it reboots to fastboot again.
tried to install 14.0.1.0 again. downloaded the latest update via updater app. transferred the file to pc and flashed via fastboot but still keeps rebooting to fastboot. i hope all roms get tested before release. i dont know what else i could do.

Poco X3 Pro + Xiaomi eu 14.0.1.0
Has anyone else noticed some weird colors using on dark mode, in some apps after installing 14?
Look for example how Duolingo looks now when in dark mode. Ps: that doesn't happen in light mode.

photo1677506452.jpeg

Poco X3 Pro + Xiaomi eu 14.0.1.0
Has anyone else noticed some weird colors using on dark mode, in some apps after installing 14?
Look for example how Duolingo looks now when in dark mode. Ps: that doesn't happen in light mode.

View attachment 46505
Check the dark mode additional settings, there's an option to enable it for individual apps

Check the dark mode additional settings, there's an option to enable it for individual apps
Still doesn't solve the problem, but thank you, that allows me to disable dark mode for some apps.
I noticed also another small bug:

1. Open a photo using the gallery
2. Share via WhatsApp
3. On the Whatsapp screen, the photo will be shared with the text "WhatsApp" as description, instead of empty description.

Reactions: TheUnique
i have poco x3 pro miui 14.0.1.0 eu android 13 after this update i cannot turn on WiFi while aeroplan mode is enabled i have magisk and lsposed if there is a moudel to fix that problem
thank you

tried to install 14.0.1.0 again. downloaded the latest update via updater app. transferred the file to pc and flashed via fastboot but still keeps rebooting to fastboot. i hope all roms get tested before release. i dont know what else i could do.
Try copying the bootloader image from the working update to the one that keeps rebooting you to fastboot, reflash and let us know if it works. I suspect the same bootloader bug I found with another device a few weeks ago (and no I don't have a Civi to test it for you, sorry).

i have poco x3 pro miui 14.0.1.0 eu android 13 after this update i cannot turn on WiFi while aeroplan mode is enabled i have magisk and lsposed if there is a moudel to fix that problem
thank you
If you want wifi on when in airplane mode, just turn off mobile data instead of using airplane mode at all. Disable bluetooth if it makes you feel more comfortable as well, but it uses essentially the same frequencies as wifi does anyway and every second person on every flight has bluetooth headphones on these days.

Memory extension is a gimmick for the most part anyway. This has been covered in the Q&A section. It seems like Xiaomi focuses all their energy into the initial release of a device and then puts minimal effort into future software upgrades for it. Thankfully we have the .EU dev team to try to keep devices that aren't "the new shiny" relevant for us.

Reactions: Catani84
Is the always on display option configurable to indefinitely show notifications on Poco x5 Pro (redwood) on MIUI.EU? Currently, in the official version it only notifies them for a maximum of 10 seconds

Last edited:
If you are using an official ROM and the AoD option is not always available by default, it can be activated by turning off MIUI Optimization in the developer settings.
But it will break other things for you.

Reactions: Gausak and JakSpoon
Memory extension is a gimmick for the most part anyway. This has been covered in the Q&A section. It seems like Xiaomi focuses all their energy into the initial release of a device and then puts minimal effort into future software upgrades for it. Thankfully we have the .EU dev team to try to keep devices that aren't "the new shiny" relevant for us.
Yeah...I know it's a gimmick...I was just giving an example how the Poco F2 Pro is missing even a new pointless and easy to implement feature. It's sad the Xiaomi has taken the route of all the other established manufacturers ..same as all the others before them I guess. I remember 5 years ago all their smartphone lineup used to get the same OS updates regularly ...Apple style. That's what drew a lot of us in. I've been here since the Mi3, but unfortunately my next smartphone probably won't be another Xiaomi one.

Yeah...I know it's a gimmick...I was just giving an example how the Poco F2 Pro is missing even a new pointless and easy to implement feature. It's sad the Xiaomi has taken the route of all the other established manufacturers ..same as all the others before them I guess. I remember 5 years ago all their smartphone lineup used to get the same OS updates regularly ...Apple style. That's what drew a lot of us in. I've been here since the Mi3, but unfortunately my next smartphone probably won't be another Xiaomi one.
I agree completely. I think they're focusing on pushing out too many devices as fast as possible and have somewhat lost the plot in the process. My old Redmi Note 5 Pro served me well for a long time. I was going to switch to Pixels for this generation, but I was able to get an F3 for both myself and my wife for the same price as a single Pixel when I was shopping last time. The F3 is nice, but I can already tell I won't have it as long as the previous one. (And I want to add that this has nothing to do with the efforts of .EU devs. They can only work with what Xiaomi puts out there.)