MIUI 14 MIUI 14 STABLE RELEASE

I hope someone who knows will answer me. After i have unlocked the BootLoader, installed the Rom, can i re-lock the Bootloader?

I'm a bit confused about security if the Bootloader is unlocked, when my phone is stolen, it will be very easy for the thief to get into the phone and use Banking apps on this device.

I hope someone who knows will answer me. After i have unlocked the BootLoader, installed the Rom, can i re-lock the Bootloader?

I'm a bit confused about security if the Bootloader is unlocked, when my phone is stolen, it will be very easy for the thief to get into the phone and use Banking apps on this device.
You should never lock your bootloader on a custom ROM. As @The System said that will brick your device and you will have to go to Xiaomi Authorized Service to unbrick it.

Maybe I'm wrong but as far I remember the Super Icons tab into the Themes app had only free choices.
Does it changes recently or something is broken in my app?

Poco F3, MIUI.eu 14 (Stable), 14.0.7.0

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-21-03-23-30-429_com.android.thememanager.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-21-03-23-30-429_com.android.thememanager.jpg
    815.4 KB · Views: 153

If you protect your device with /ping/partern, a thief cannot login/unlock the screen

And he cannot even read Data from TWRP bcs the same pin/pattern is required for TWRP to decrypt Data (without the correct pin/pattern, TWRP shows 'scrambled' files, cannot backup, etc)

A thief can, with your unlocked Bootloader, flash a custom ROM and use your phone, but he will have to reformat Data - hence he couldn't obtain your Data that way either

(If flashing MIUI, official or Xiaomi.eu, he will be asked for your MIUI password - hence he could not even use the phone)

And if you ever want to relock Bootloader, flash the official MIUI fastboot version, format Data, then relock (it will format once again) - then you can enjoy with a 'safe' phone

It applies to all phones (ok, except the ancient Androids), to flash custom ROMs, Bootloader must be unlocked, and cannot be relocked without returning first to the official firmware (relocking either not allowed or bricking the phone)

And also about encrypted Data - but there some custom ROMs where developers disable Data encryption, and that's then dangerous when phone is lost or stolen

Last edited:

How so?
TWRP access is still locked with a pattern and so is your device and it's root access.
It is not possible to re-lock the bootloader on a custom rom, you will end up with a bricked device.

Reactions: hungchip
Just one question : on the latest ROM, has the issue of reversing dates on the lock screen for European languages been resolved?

Anyone else get video calling lag on any video calling app when connected to WiFi? On Xiaomi 13.

E.g. I'm in an LDR and will often try to video call on different apps, like messenger, meet, WhatsApp etc and each app when video calling stutters on any WiFi network, it's often unbearable and is fixed when turning off WiFi and only using mobile network, but that then reduces the video call quality drastically but at least it's not stuttering.

I can use my Xiaomi mi 10 in video calls and it works fine, and my iPad air 2 works fine.

As I say, I've tested it on numerous WiFi networks on my Xiaomi 13 and my partners Xiaomi 13, it really seems to struggle with video calling over WiFi.

What else can I do to prove this is an issue with Xiaomi.eu on the Xiaomi 13?

Anyone else get video calling lag on any video calling app when connected to WiFi? On Xiaomi 13.

E.g. I'm in an LDR and will often try to video call on different apps, like messenger, meet, WhatsApp etc and each app when video calling stutters on any WiFi network, it's often unbearable and is fixed when turning off WiFi and only using mobile network, but that then reduces the video call quality drastically but at least it's not stuttering.

I can use my Xiaomi mi 10 in video calls and it works fine, and my iPad air 2 works fine.

As I say, I've tested it on numerous WiFi networks on my Xiaomi 13 and my partners Xiaomi 13, it really seems to struggle with video calling over WiFi.

What else can I do to prove this is an issue with Xiaomi.eu on the Xiaomi 13?
I think it's an error coming from the application, the application on GooglePlay is not really fully compatible on your Android device. This also happened on OPPO Reno, Redmi Note 12 phone models, on Facebook Messenger and Zalo applications in the Vietnam region.
- Have you tried using an APK version with a lower version number than your app's version number on GooglePlay?
- Report this issue to the app developer and wait for a fix update.
- Try changing your system language to English. Your region becomes US.
- Last idea: Try using the official Rom on your phone (If it fixes the problem then clearly there is something wrong with MIUIEU).

I think it's an error coming from the application, the application on GooglePlay is not really fully compatible on your Android device. This also happened on OPPO Reno, Redmi Note 12 phone models, on Facebook Messenger and Zalo applications in the Vietnam region.
- Have you tried using an APK version with a lower version number than your app's version number on GooglePlay?
- Report this issue to the app developer and wait for a fix update.
- Try changing your system language to English. Your region becomes US.
- Last idea: Try using the official Rom on your phone (If it fixes the problem then clearly there is something wrong with MIUIEU).
I'm not sure why trying an APK version rather than Google play store would make a difference, as I'm always using the latest version, I have submitted bug reports through all the apps, and nothing has been done. My region is United Kingdom, English language.
It does work fine on the official china ROM.
And does work fine on my Xiaomi mi 10 with EU ROM.

So surely this sounds more like an issue with Xiaomi 13 phone on EU ROM when on any WiFi network, seems fine on mobile network.

on my secondary Mi 11 Pro (mars/star), the CPU doesn't boost past ~1.9GHz in heavy applications like the throttle test from play store or games, while my 12 Pro (zeus) boosts all the way to 3GHz without issues. i'm running 14.0.9 on the 11 Pro and 23.9.11 on the 12 Pro. is there any reason for this? i get terrible performance in games too. Tried formatting data in twrp, reflashing, as well as using the latest beta on the 11 Pro. I sometimes observe short spikes to 2.84GHz in simple system monitor, but they only happen for around max 1 second. changing to performance mode doesn't help either. A solution would be appreciated.

Hi there. This happened to my phone last night.all night charging. Anyone knows what is this? Cheers, thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-23-10-36-07-735_com.miui.securitycenter-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-23-10-36-07-735_com.miui.securitycenter-edit.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 162
Anyone else having problems with Google Pay? It literally just disappears for me while the phone is turned on, then I notice that I can't pay at all with it. Only a phone restart fixes it, then it's back as if nothing's happened.

Is anyone having problems with the 4 and 5g network? My Internet signal drops all the time and only comes back after restarting. I'm on the latest stable rom of the mi12s ultra. it be hardware? The signal from the 2 chips drops constantly.

Last edited:
Hi guys, in latest ishstar (13 ultra) stable (14.0.19) build I'm experiencing wifi battery drain. In top command I get constant 15% cpu usage by wpa-supplicant and wifi service, both if connected or not to a wifi network. The only solution is to turn off wifi.
Anyone else with wfi drain?

Ive been on the 08-11-2023 stable release for 13 Pro for a week now. So far so good.
No weird charging behavior, no weird battery drain. Battery life is excellent. Google Pay worked fine for me last weekend when I used it. Signal remains fine on both ATT and Verizon.

My only 2 complaints so far is that Hulu says this device is not compatible, and Google Messages app doesnt work. The app just crashes when trying to send a message. Id really like to get RCS functionality again. Is the Messages thing a known issue for everyone? Or is it specific to my phone for some reason? It worked fine on the Global ROM I was on before I moved here.

Thanks to everyone who works on .eu project

Last edited:
xiaomi mi 11 lite 5g ne
since latest update, gallery doesn't show anymore the pictures taken since installation date
there's a new version of the gallery app in apk mirror but 1) don't want to mess up things 2) phone says installation is locked as apk is not from official channel

any chance to build a new version with bug fix?

If the device has TWRP available and installed then yes.

Attachments

• OTA aktualizace.png
    OTA aktualizace.png
    469.3 KB · Views: 265
Reactions: CCiCC