New MIUI 14 Stable Widgets Bug

swissxiaomiuser

Members
Dec 24, 2022
Hello dear Forum,
I've just installed the new MIUI 14 (V.14.0.2.0) stable ROM for my Xiaomi 12S Pro, now everything things to work besides one bug that annoys me quite a lot (also thank you dear team for preinstalling the super wallpapers!!), it's on my homescreen, the problem is, I've wanted to add widgets to my homescreen and did so, I added the 4x4 Security - RAM Booster Widget, the problem is, it's invisible and not deletable, so I'm stuck with a page on my homescreen that looks like it has nothing in it, but there's a widget I can't see or interact with, I've been searching for ways to delete a page on the miui 14 homescreen with something on them but I can't seem to find a solution to it, basically it's annoying that I now have a clear page that I can't even fill because the widget still takes up the space but it's not usable, deletable or even visible. I've never had this bug before so I suspect that it's a bug within the new version as the widgets got reworked a bit.

Also the widget that shows both time and weather takes up an unusual amount of space (4x2) even tho it only uses one row of it (4x1), is that normal/fixable?

Hope you can help me, thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Can't reproduce your issue with that widget, nor do I understand why you can't just long-tap the home screen to see where the widget is (the label should still show up) and drag it out to remove it. You can always clear data for the System launcher app.

Can't reproduce your issue with that widget, nor do I understand why you can't just long-tap the home screen to see where the widget is (the label should still show up) and drag it out to remove it. You can always clear data for the System launcher app.
Well, it's because it's invisible, I can't tap it nor see it/remove it or anything like that, the only thing is that I can't drag apps into that space area or even a different widget.

What happens if I clear data from system launcher app? I use the standard one so does my homescreen just get resetted?

Thanks for the fast response.

Well I just found a fix by trying around, in the setting I changed the layout from classic to the 2nd option (with app drawer) and then switched back, after that the widget turned visible again and I could easily remove it! So now my homescreen looks perfect again!
I hope this helps others who struggle with the same problem/bug and I thank you for giving me other options and your offered help.
Really appreciate the work of y'all Xiaomi EU team, my experience wouldn't be that good with xiaomi cn ROM.

Edit: do you know the answer to my second question about the 4x2 weather + time widget? Should it be 4x2 or 4x1, because it only uses the upper row of the widget to display the information and the second row is basically a waste of space.

Greetings from Switzerland.

Reactions: Igor Eisberg
Turn off Google Discover in the screen on the left.

PS:
How exactly does your problem manifest itself?

Reactions: KT888
ok it works again but you have to deactivate everything infoassistant too

Thank you very much
Sadly that's how it works. Xiaomi never designed it to work properly with Google Discover, and normally you won't be even able to switch between App vault and Google Discover.

Is not it a mistake. It's a new setting.
By the way, you can just tap the "search" icon on top-right and scroll down, a bit faster.

I upgraded to 14.0.8.0 per Recovery but i have the same problem i cant download the new widgets i got error message widget download failed.