[miui 8.0.2.0] Calculator

5% = 5/100 = 0.05
Such calculations become on paper, but not on the calculator.

We calculate not percent, but the sum which we need to receive. Make calculation on "Windows OS" calculator ‒ in the same way any calculator has to work.
In MIUI 7 calculator worked correctly, but in MIUI 8 he was spoiled(broke). :(

3000-3000*0.05
Answer = 0(zero)

Why so to complicate everything? Why so are a lot of actions?
You suggest to find at first the sum from percent and then to subtract it for the sum - madness.
3000*5/100 = 150 3000-150=2850 (you propose to do this madness on a calculator???)
down.png

And is not it easier to make a normal calculator so what he was before?
3000-5%=2850 (so has to work any normal calculator. In MIUI 8 he is broken.)
up.png

Reactions: dalek
3000-(3000×5/100)=3000-150=2850
Yes it is that but i think the calculator don't understand so it is considered as 5/100 or 0,05.
5/100 of 3000 because we need to remove from 3000 ,which 3000 is considered as 100%.

Reactions: Stefano131270
It's a "bug" already discussed in oficial Xiaomi beta team and they accepted that "bug" as a way that their calculator works.
So don't expect any correction to that bug

Reactions: Stefano131270
So don't expect any correction to that bug
It is sad. It is sad that XIAOMI refuses to correct its bugs. :(

Maybe somebody has an installation package(app) from MIUI 7?
I want replace it and enjoy a normal calculator. A XIOAMI let him enjoy his broken calculators themselves from MIUI 8.

It is sad. It is sad that XIAOMI refuses to correct its bugs. :(

Maybe somebody has an installation package(app) from MIUI 7?
I want replace it and enjoy a normal calculator. A XIOAMI let him enjoy his broken calculators themselves from MIUI 8.
It's not what I said.
What I said was that Xiaomi devs say that's the way that their Calculator should work.
So if to us, it's a bug to them it's not.
So there is no bug, there is nothing to correct

There are hundreds of calculator apps in the playstore what is the problem with downloading one. I am using the app "scientific calculator" It works fine and flawless and has many extra functions