Miui 8.6 - Android 7 "nougat" List Of Known Bug

NeoMod

Members
Aug 1, 2016
I decided to start this thread as an easy-to-read reference point for all the BUGs and problems discovered within the recent update to Android 7 “Nougat” on Mi Note 2.

I hope this might help both developers (to which goes my gratitude for their work!) and users.

MIUI 8.6 – 7.6.8

• Sometimes the haptic feedback is not present. If the setting is on “STRONG” there are more chances that it won’t vibrate at all.
  • VoLTE support is broken (Tested on Vodafone, might need more tests). Tried everything but nothing seems to solve it.
  • Sometimes upon reboot all the sounds get back to “None” instead of “Default”. So there is no incoming call sound, nor message alert, nor notifications sounds, etc.
  • It’s not possible to change the stand-by interval time: default it’s set to 30s and no other option is saved upon selection.
  • MTP protocol causes a lot of troubles: at the moment the only way to get it working is to open MIUI internal File Manager and grant all permissions. After that white for the complete memory scan and only then exit the app and try to connect via USB. Still, sometimes the MTP protocol will fail and you’ll need to reboot your phone.
  • Custom APN Settings is not working: after entering and configuring each field for a custom APN the system won’t save it.
  • Haptic feedback upon wrong fingerprint detection is not working

Volte this is not a bug. Volte on xiaomi phones not support Europe.
If you have an active and enabled option or disabled it is no difference because it still does not work with us or has android 5/6 and 7.1

Sent from my MI 5C using Tapatalk

Volte this is not a bug. Volte on xiaomi phones not support Europe.
If you have an active and enabled option or disabled it is no difference because it still does not work with us or has android 5/6 and 7.1

Thank you @zeork for pointing that out.

But then I don't understand why I got VoLTE working for a few days before this upgrade. I even got the "HD" symbol during a call.

Thank you @zeork for pointing that out.

But then I don't understand why I got VoLTE working for a few days before this upgrade. I even got the "HD" symbol during a call.
If volte is support and active HD sign is next to the band signal. And when You call stay 4G HD, if downgrade signal to 3 G(h,h+) you dont have volte

Sign hd when we have volte
a8f3f3f9c2a8d59313a7a5351faa1258.jpg

When make call 4G stay - we have volte, when we make calle 4G downgrade to 3G we dont have volte
64313a7a26621ca606398b0a40f6af5c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: