MULTI Miui 8 Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it is. I'm using it as my daily driver. Just the clock App and the ringttones in the settings doesn't work. Don't forget to make a full wipe
Will look if the clock works in the newest one.

Gesendet von meinem MI 5 mit Tapatalk
Thanks! I will try it in a few minutes...

Does anyone have force close on android.systemui.process? I installed latest 6.6.3 on my Mi5, and get random force close on system.ui, and my phone display starts to turn on and off, so i have to reeboot it with power and home button. I installed it with full wipe over 7.3.4.0 stable version.

Does anyone have force close on android.systemui.process? I installed latest 6.6.3 on my Mi5, and get random force close on system.ui, and my phone display starts to turn on and off, so i have to reeboot it with power and home button. I installed it with full wipe over 7.3.4.0 stable version.
same issue happened to me yesterday

Guys, these are alphas version. It can happen. I had this problem with 6.5.31, now is all ok... But i know it's alpha, and for that reason when a new version will be out is better upgrade to it :)

Hmm
I check uses battery and applications, and see only android system etc, only 4 positions.
Not see other applications

No such issue for me.
I have random restarts...

MIUI8 alpha 6.6.3 works flawlessly on Mi2S. I am really impressed. As it is alpha stage I expected lot of bugs but very stable and optimized well. Faster and better than last MIUI7 dev release. Furthermore the visualization and effects are fabulous. I love it! Suitable for everyday use...I have a backup from last MIUI7 but I keep MIUI8 for daily use :) I am looking forward to the sequel...

Edited:

Wipe data (factory reset) needed! First I tried without any wipe and got some FCs....

MIUI8 alpha 6.6.3 works flawlessly on Mi2S. I am really impressed. As it is alpha stage I expected lot of bugs but very stable and optimized well. Faster and better than last MIUI7 dev release. Furthermore the visualization and effects are fabulous. I love it! Suitable for everyday use...I have a backup from last MIUI7 but I keep MIUI8 for daily use :) I am looking forward to the sequel...

Edited:

Wipe data (factory reset) needed! First I tried without any wipe and got some FCs....
Same impressions, 6.6.3 on Mi4 LTE, as good as if not better in comparison with last MIUI7 6.5.26
No data wipe, usual install, only Bluetooth share required data clear/wipe, excellent rom and so far surprisingly stable for alpha
Root access option is available in permissions so is it prerooted? Wasn`t there for MI4 for sure

Hello, i use Go sms ( and testing other - not stock sms ) and have problem if sender to short numbers sms ( 3344, play.24 ) not see this sms, why ?
I see only in stock sms

Last edited:
How about speed? Better than previous miui?
a bit slower on mi4 but really close to.
It is already quite stable. imho MIUI7 VS 8 have pro and cons, some improvements and some regressions, averall not a revolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.