Miui and ATT GS3?

Faslane

Members
Sep 29, 2012
I installed the latest and before I did I performed a full wip/delvick too and flashed over to my ATT GS3 but it has a TON of forse closes and errors after it boots. I can see the icons and stuff and the rom is "applied" but all kinds of things crash etc. I've read that many aren't having TOO many erros and I know it's got bugs but it seems I'm experiencing far worse issues than most. Could I have missed something in the flash/install process? I love the rom and want it!! lol

Thanks
Fas

I installed the latest and before I did I performed a full wip/delvick too and flashed over to my ATT GS3 but it has a TON of forse closes and errors after it boots. I can see the icons and stuff and the rom is "applied" but all kinds of things crash etc. I've read that many aren't having TOO many erros and I know it's got bugs but it seems I'm experiencing far worse issues than most. Could I have missed something in the flash/install process? I love the rom and want it!! lol

Thanks
Fas

Probaby you will get better response if you post in the Thread at XDA - I would suggest doing the following:
1) Clean flash wipe data, wipe system, wipe cache, wipe delvick (just a quick note doing a factory reset or wiping data is not enough - you have to wipe system in order to clean out the previous rom completely before flashing this - I am pretty sure that is why you are having the FC issues you mentioned.) I flashed this rom originally following those steps and never have had an FC yet. Not that the rom isn't totally bug free - there are issues upstream that are still being worked on - but this is my Daily Driver - I use MIUI all the time and love it. Anyway - after doing all four wipes - then move on to flashing the rom.
2) Flash Rom
3) Fix permissions - (I do this as a precautionary thing - particulary when I flashing an update on top of a previous version of that rom.
Now, Boot the phone and you should be fine -

Hope this is helpful -

Thanks
Fas

If your flashing over a custom rom it probably won't work without either doing what the guy above this told you or going to a stock or stock based ROM first! I came from highonandroidromv3 which is pretty much stock ROM with more features done the wipe as you and my MIUI works fantastic, I'm running it daily now and have very few bugs and none that hinder me from doing everything I like to do. So try flashing over stock ROM or not flashing over period c if this helps? I hope you figure it out Cruz this ROM is crazy sick!